1196 users online (236 members and 960 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Mom 'cooks me in the oven like a turkey'

http://www.freep.com/article/2009020...oman+arraigned

Hamtramck Police Detective Ben Bielecki said Valentino asked police in her 911 call to come get her.

“She said, ‘I’m going to hurt my family,’” Bielecki explained. “When our guys got there, it was pretty bad.”

While the father had gone to pick the two boys up from school, Valentino used either a nail or a screwdriver heated over the stove to burn the 4-year-old girl’s lower eyelid. Then she put the girl in the turned-on oven, creating sear lines on her back from the oven’s interior.

“She said that her heart’s hurt and broke,” the 4-year-old told police, according to Bielecki.

The girl, the detective said, also told police that: “ ‘Mommy doesn’t love me anymore. Mama’s going to hurt me again. She hurts me with a nail and cooks me in the oven like a turkey.’”

Valentino’s other daughter told investigators her mother once hit her with a crowbar. All five children are now in foster care and doing fine, Bielecki said. He said the 4-year-old’s wounds are healing and she’s doing well, too.

Every time I think I've heard it all and it can't get any worse than this....IT DOES! What is wrong with today's society? Those poor children,that little girl was being cooked like a turkey what in the he!! was her mother thinking.
    "Truth is,everybody is going to hurt you; You just gotta find the one's worth suffering for.~Bob Marley~

I am just speechless. How could anyone do such horrible things? Put her in the oven, turn it on and lock her in.

Good Lord! GOD bless these children. I hope that this woman never gets custody of ,or even gets unsupervised visits with, these poor children ever again. She should never be allowed to see them again.

That is beyond words terrible. It's a miracle this little girl even lived.

Wasn't it the 'mother' that called out for help? It appears that she's mentally ill and thank goodness she realized it before it was too late. Seems she needs a hospital room, not a jail cell, imho.

I feel terrible for the children and I'm sure it's going to take many years to recover from what they've been put through. Hopefully, their mom can get the treatment she needs and they can some day be a family again,.........or at least 'friends.'

It's too bad her husband didn't realize what was going on. Or did he and just didn't say anything? Makes you wonder.

Bless those poor children. They're safe now, thank goodness.

JMHO
    fran

The mother must have been alert and sane enough to fool the dad about the children's injuries. If he knew and did nothing, then he needs to go to jail. The mother needs to go to a state mental hospital, then to jail IMO. Mentally ill children are arrested at schools all the time for acting up, so some mentally ill adult shouldn't get away with physically hurting a child.

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Wasn't it the 'mother' that called out for help? It appears that she's mentally ill and thank goodness she realized it before it was too late. Seems she needs a hospital room, not a jail cell, imho.
    JMHO
    fran
    It does sound like the mother is mentally ill. In the article, it says the 4 year old went next door and asked them to call 911, but it also states the mother called. She has four children under the age of 6 - I fear this is another Andrea Yates, though thankfully, the children are alive.

Words fail me.

In sorry I have nothing else to say, I just don't have the words

Being the mother of a four year old it just killed me to read that the little girl said her heart was hurt. The mother had to be mentally ill, thank god she called and got help before she killed one of them. Poor little babies. I hope they forget.

Not all parents that hurt their children are mentally ill some are just evil.
    "Truth is,everybody is going to hurt you; You just gotta find the one's worth suffering for.~Bob Marley~

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaBrown23 View Post
    Being the mother of a four year old it just killed me to read that the little girl said her heart was hurt. The mother had to be mentally ill, thank god she called and got help before she killed one of them. Poor little babies. I hope they forget.
    I think the little girl said that her mother said her "heart's hurt and broke." This case is so disturbing -- a little preschooler being baked in the oven by her mom. But, I'm with you; thank goodness this mom called 911 on herself. I hope she's never allowed around any children ever again. I do think she must be insane (because the sane ones don't report themselves -- they want to get away with it.)

omg...that's horrendous...all these poor babies...it just breaks the heart & boggles the mind
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

All of these babies will be in my prayers. I am glad that the mother called 911, this could have been even more tragic. I hope that those precious kids are never given back to her.
    Happy New Years

OMG, I am speechless!

I am a foster mom, so I hear things that just so blow my mind often about how children are mistreated & abused -- but this is just terrible, way beyond my comprehension.

I hope these kids are kept in a safe, healthy, nurturing place and are able to have a normal life. So sad...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast