Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 176

Thread: Today Show - Fri., 2/6/09, Defense Team Is On

  1. #101
    I would love to know what the other attorneys in Orlando are saying about this...this...magical mystery media tour.
    Justice for CAYLEE

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In left field (where the birds are)
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
    I always thought if you can't afford a lawyer one would be appointed to you, such as a public defender, why is it Casy has all these high price lawyers, I don't understand why she isn't using a public defender??? Can someone tell me this? My hubby and I were talking about this last night, is it because it's a murder trial?

    Baez's reason = publicity and fame. He thinks he is destined for bigger things than a small law office in Kissimee, Florida

    The high-priced lawyers' reason = publicity and fame and, maybe, $$$$. They have to jump in on high-profile cases in order to keep their high-profile status. Also, Baez may have lured them with prospects of $$$$ after the successful $200K sale of Caylee's pix last Summer.

    Casey's reason = snobbery. Casey didn't have an imaginary clerical job, she had imaginary managerial-type career complete with an office, company phone and flex time. Casey didn't hire an occasional imaginary babysitter, she had a high-priced "nanny" who took Caylee to expensive theme parks.
    A public defender - not for Jose's "girl" !

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoslayer View Post
    "Zanny" is more like Osama bin Laden .. if only we could find them!
    This is perfect! I wish this had been said to JB, wonder what his reaction would have been?

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
    This is perfect! I wish this had been said to JB, wonder what his reaction would have been?
    Justice for CAYLEE

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,741
    Grammieto5: JB's reaction would probably be as usual, "I have no more questions?"

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    129
    Gross! Its too early to be spewing this nonsense...

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Amil View Post
    Baez compares himself to F.Lee Bailey? OMG
    That's not a good comparison either. Bailey got into a lot of trouble with the Bar, and served time too, IIRC.


    'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned/Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.'

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    41,920
    IMO, This interview was an insult to my intelligence. Baez says it's not in the best interest of his client to provide info about what they suspect. Maybe that's because they haven't a clue? And this lightening rod moment hit when? I'm guessing based on some phony, fantasy tips that came through their newly created tip line, which is better than the one that's been out there for months how? Paleease. I think that's why they opened a second tip line, they needed some good fodder to try to build an alternative case for a lying client cause they had nothing from the evidence and JB's own lack of experience to work with. I don't buy it, nope, not for one second.

    That said, I can't wait to hear how decomp magically appears in a car that was previously and post-mortem proven to be driven by their client. And how their client, who was so worried and needed to 'feel safe' found her best comfort in clubs. Or how their client found comfort robbing her friend, or lying to friends about the smell in the car. I would have so much more respect for the whole lot if they just plead out, this has gotten ridiculous. IMO.

    Guess I need to go back to the rant thread, this interview has me feeling stormy!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracey276 View Post
    I do remember he said it one other time, after the last court hearing on the motions he had just filed. He said, I know you aren't going to like hearing this, but she (KC) wants her day in court. She is innocent. .
    Here's the link to that crappola: 4:10 mark

    http://www.wftv.com/video/18651668/index.html


    Also..Did Baez really go there with F. Lee Bailey?..For a lawyer with just 3 years experience he's got gall..LOL!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    41,920
    I will add, does the sunshine law appear in reverse? I want to see exactly what they have gotten from their tipline. Okay,okay, I'm going to the rant thread

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Way up Yonder
    Posts
    726
    L. Baden says we are to stop thinking of KC as guilty. OK, alrighty then. We are to believe in the defense they spin at trial when they oppose prosecution witnesses and forensic evidence. OK, alrighty then. In other words, whatever they say, we are to see it their way. To top that off 'mydailyopinion' is right; they either know who did it and are withholding that information from LE and the public; or they know KC is guilty and just have to do their job of getting the best possible outcome. Funny how Baez said it's up to the selection of the jury. Who are the most likely individuals to buy their defense? How exhausting justice is but I guess it's better than the village system of steal something, loose a hand. Just my very uneducated opinion!

  12. #112
    BS in. BS out. 'Nuff said. (Could someone hand me a new pair of waders, please?)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    41,920
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    BS in. BS out. 'Nuff said. (Could someone hand me a new pair of waders, please?)
    Here you go Seriously, *hands over 2 fresh pairs of waders*, I ordered a box lot of these things a couple of weeks ago, just knowing they would come in handy.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    591
    Ok, I seriously don't understand LKB. Isn't she supposed to be the one who knows what she is doing? Isn't she the big time defense attorney? I just can't believe she compared Casey to Osama Bin Laden. The statement is so ridiculous, I'd think she was the one who has only been an attorney for three years. I expected LKB to be alot more savvy and professional, I thought she'd reign in JB, bring some experienced lawyering to this case, but I haven't seen it. Is she always like this?

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    No, that's not my point. If they throw those names out there, and then throw around some theories, the public could then tend to see how they judged so quickly. I personally think she's guilty of so much more that what we've even seen based on her actions alone, however what happens when the defense throws out a bunch of theories that could tend to create doubt? Remember, BinLaden is a terrorist in our country, and he's despised by millions of people here, but he's also a hero to many in our outlying countries...and they view Bush as a terrorist. There's even people in the US that backed off of their theory of BinLaden being terroristic. There's also several countrymen that agreed with Hitler, as well as Americans, and don't really think he did anything wrong. I think he, or rather both of them, are atrocious...but that's beside the point. KC's lawyers put those names out there for the exact same reason Egoslayer said. They're just putting it in relation to how the public views her, and in turn, this is making a case for them to be able to able to change venue. I think they coupled the comparison for the reasons given plus using worldwide names to remember KC's name. If everyone has heard of KC before her trial, how will they find an impartial jury? Why not kill two birds with one stone. It's rather ingenious if you ask me...I don't agree with it, though. LKB is doing her job, and if you think about what I just said, you'll see what I'm talking about. She did this on the #1 morning talk show program, and we all (the public) tuned into watching it, thus exponentially omitting ourselves from jury pool or selection. What they did was lowhanded...but smart...and now I'm mad I watched the show!

    We just see it differently. I doubt that a change of venue will be denied IF when the trial begins the coverage has not died down. That's a long way off though, things can change. What won't change is the fact that KC will have to stand trial, somewhere, so I still hold my opinion that to link yourself and your client to Hitler and Bin Laden is not intelligent in the long run. Also I don't watch the morning shows, I only became aware of it because I am a member of websleuths so while they may have a large audience not everyone watches. I agree to disagree with you.
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    752
    She compared her public persona to Bin Laden, not her ... yeah .. I'm just gonna leave this thread.
    "I left work around 5pm, and went back to the apartment to pick up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment, I realized that niether Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roomates were home."
    -Casey Anthony.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    41,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Never4GetCaylee View Post
    Ok, I seriously don't understand LKB. Isn't she supposed to be the one who knows what she is doing? Isn't she the big time defense attorney? I just can't believe she compared Casey to Osama Bin Laden. The statement is so ridiculous, I'd think she was the one who has only been an attorney for three years. I expected LKB to be alot more savvy and professional, I thought she'd reign in JB, bring some experienced lawyering to this case, but I haven't seen it. Is she always like this?
    I hate to say it but she's actually right. Both are charged with murder and try to hide and outsmart the law. Great analogy there, KC and Bin Laden, yep, they appear to be very much alike...sheesh, and what a clever analogy to post up..way to go Defense d'oh

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    No, that's not my point. If they throw those names out there, and then throw around some theories, the public could then tend to see how they judged so quickly. I personally think she's guilty of so much more that what we've even seen based on her actions alone, however what happens when the defense throws out a bunch of theories that could tend to create doubt? Remember, BinLaden is a terrorist in our country, and he's despised by millions of people here, but he's also a hero to many in our outlying countries...and they view Bush as a terrorist. There's even people in the US that backed off of their theory of BinLaden being terroristic. There's also several countrymen that agreed with Hitler, as well as Americans, and don't really think he did anything wrong. I think he, or rather both of them, are atrocious...but that's beside the point. KC's lawyers put those names out there for the exact same reason Egoslayer said. They're just putting it in relation to how the public views her, and in turn, this is making a case for them to be able to able to change venue. I think they coupled the comparison for the reasons given plus using worldwide names to remember KC's name. If everyone has heard of KC before her trial, how will they find an impartial jury? Why not kill two birds with one stone. It's rather ingenious if you ask me...I don't agree with it, though. LKB is doing her job, and if you think about what I just said, you'll see what I'm talking about. She did this on the #1 morning talk show program, and we all (the public) tuned into watching it, thus exponentially omitting ourselves from jury pool or selection. What they did was lowhanded...but smart...and now I'm mad I watched the show!
    I'm sorry, JerseyGirl, but I didn't tune in to watch, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that (reference bolded and underlined by me). The defence lawyers' comparison to Bin Laden and Hitler is the most stupid comment I've heard from them yet. I totally disagree that it will have any impact at all on "reasonable doubt", or omit anyone from jury selection. I don't even consider it "lowhanded" - just a totally ridiculous statement, indicative of utter confusion on how to defend this woman.

    KC is now like the one-armed man? So she was planning to run?


    'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned/Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.'

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,685
    Before Caylee's remains were found it was 'you don't know the real true story & when you hear it you'll be aahhh kc is mother of the year'; now it's "defense strategy" & the forensics are suspect. Funny how LE, GA, CA, the tow yard guy and the dogs all smelled death in the trunk--the "science" confirmed it and voila! turned out they were correct. Oh yeah, and KC smelled death in the trunk but blamed it on a squirrel.
    Last edited by SoCalSleuth; 02-06-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added something

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL area
    Posts
    2,433
    JB and LB accomplished exactly what they wanted to accomplish. How soon after the segment aired did someone here start a thread about it? 5 pages already and counting - they are keeping the case in the public eye. I don't think they are doing anything different than every other defense attorney did in any previous high profile cases.

    When the trial starts, they will have to back up their theories with proof - I don't think they are going to be able to tear down the Prosecution's case as easily as they think they are.

    Scenario: Expert witness for Prosecution testifies. Expert witness for Defense testifies and says other expert doesn't know what he is talking about. Jurors listen to both of them, can't make heads or tails out of what either of them said and decides to ignore both of them, Jury makes their decision based on what they can understand - the lies, the partying, the not reporting her missing, the complete and utter lack of anything that even looks like it might be sorrow or regret over the death of her daughter. Prison doors slam - The End.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
    Posts
    4,250
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    BS in. BS out. 'Nuff said. (Could someone hand me a new pair of waders, please?)
    LOL! Yes, I need a new pair too, SS! Gone through several just in the past couple of days!
    Plus, Gonna need something for a headache, stomachache, high blood pressure, and I think I need to go buy a pack of cigarettes and start smoking! Now!

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,197
    I find it strange timing to make such comments just before the memorial. Are they hoping for a scene?

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoslayer View Post
    She compared her public persona to Bin Laden, not her ... yeah .. I'm just gonna leave this thread.
    I agree.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    JB and LB accomplished exactly what they wanted to accomplish. How soon after the segment aired did someone here start a thread about it? 5 pages already and counting - they are keeping the case in the public eye. I don't think they are doing anything different than every other defense attorney did in any previous high profile cases.

    When the trial starts, they will have to back up their theories with proof - I don't think they are going to be able to tear down the Prosecution's case as easily as they think they are.

    Scenario: Expert witness for Prosecution testifies. Expert witness for Defense testifies and says other expert doesn't know what he is talking about. Jurors listen to both of them, can't make heads or tails out of what either of them said and decides to ignore both of them, Jury makes their decision based on what they can understand - the lies, the partying, the not reporting her missing, the complete and utter lack of anything that even looks like it might be sorrow or regret over the death of her daughter. Prison doors slam - The End.
    Yep, Yep, & Yep...and I hope it ends up that way b/c that's the way I see it too!

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,741
    To my knowledge Bin Laden did not try to kill his first born.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Casey's Defense Team. What Now? #2
    By TURBOTHINK in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 01:05 PM
  2. Does the Defense Team read this site?
    By badmotorvision in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 11:32 AM
  3. KC defense team.What now?
    By blackopsglock in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 599
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 02:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •