767 users online (186 members and 581 guests)  

Websleuths News

Exclamation Beware the Cash4Gold scam

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I have seen those commercials many times and have not changed my thought about them. Ed McMahan (sp?) really needs to find another way to pay off his debts. Dork. That being.... WTH would *anyone* take what gold they own, place it in some plastic envelope, and mail it to some melting company for a check???? Is it me? Maybe I am suffering from a small moment of clarity today, but to reply to some goofy advertisement who wants your gold and they'll send you a check that *they* decide it's worth after the fact seems waaaay hinky to me. Ummm, DUH! I cannot feel bad for any person who decides to use such a scam. This is *your* gold/jewelry and it's free to walk into a bonafide appraiser for true value. And, you do not have to mail it all in a "free" (vomit) plastic bag to who knows where.

I cannot believe how many may fall victim to this.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife View Post
    I have seen those commercials many times and have not changed my thought about them. Ed McMahan (sp?) really needs to find another way to pay off his debts. Dork. That being.... WTH would *anyone* take what gold they own, place it in some plastic envelope, and mail it to some melting company for a check???? Is it me? Maybe I am suffering from a small moment of clarity today, but to reply to some goofy advertisement who wants your gold and they'll send you a check that *they* decide it's worth after the fact seems waaaay hinky to me. Ummm, DUH! I cannot feel bad for any person who decides to use such a scam. This is *your* gold/jewelry and it's free to walk into a bonafide appraiser for true value. And, you do not have to mail it all in a "free" (vomit) plastic bag to who knows where.

I cannot believe how many may fall victim to this.
    Who would do it? Someone who has stolen the jewelry to begin with and will be satisfied with any amount they can get. This leaves the real victim with no chance to ever recover stolen items.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Who would do it? Someone who has stolen the jewelry to begin with and will be satisfied with any amount they can get. This leaves the real victim with no chance to ever recover stolen items.

Yes, Annie, that is exactly who would do it!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!