Dog found after being missing for 6 months

wildTrose

Reaction score
HELENA, Mont. — A golden retriever named Buck that darted from his owners last summer after being spooked by a train whistle and went missing for six months is back home in Washington state, thanks to several residents of rural north-central Montana.
The 7-year-old dog survived despite apparently spending most of the winter exposed to heavy snow and temperatures well below zero before he was found taking refuge under a collapsed building.
"I've never had a miracle happen to me, so I don't really know what to think," said Kim Halter of Bonney Lake, Wash.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Feb07/0,4670,HomewardBound,00.html

That really is a beautiful story! The towns people where he went missing did a lot to help the family with posters and such too. Thank God he was found and reunited with his family!! :clap::clap:

This just warms my heart! I love animals so much and dogs in particular. Just the thought that my beloved dog Baxter could get lost makes me want to cry. Buck is very lucky dog and his family has indeed experienced a miracle. I hope he lives the remainder of his days in joy and comfort!

I emailed this story to all my co workers who loved it as much as I did.
I hugged my dog and cat extra too. Buck was lucky he had some loving caring people around him. What a great story.
I like this thread, because it sure does make me smile.:heart:

Thanks for sharing this heartwarming story. I'm so glad doggy Buck and family were reunited! I know this must have felt like a miracle to this family (and for little Buck, too). It must be like Christmas morning every morning waking up to see Bucks cute little happy face. Happy story!

Now this is a great story with a happy ending!

HELENA, Mont. — A golden retriever named Buck that darted from his owners last summer after being spooked by a train whistle and went missing for six months is back home in Washington state, thanks to several residents of rural north-central Montana.
The 7-year-old dog survived despite apparently spending most of the winter exposed to heavy snow and temperatures well below zero before he was found taking refuge under a collapsed building.
"I've never had a miracle happen to me, so I don't really know what to think," said Kim Halter of Bonney Lake, Wash.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Feb07/0,4670,HomewardBound,00.html

What a wonderful story.

It reminds me of a cat we had and we adored him. He had been neutered but one day he just went missing. I don't know who cried the most, me or our children. Well one day about 7 months later our son heard something at the back door and looked out and there stood "Warrior" :blowkiss:looking up at him.

We have no idea where he had been but he was very healthy like he always had been. We had looked everywhere for him for almost a month after he went missing. We live in a wooded area so we thought that he wandered back into the woods and another animal or snake got him.

He never left after then.

So I know how happy this family was to see their beloved pet they thought they would never see again.

imo

This is such a beautiful story and bless Buck's heart for surviving outside in the cold all winter. I'm sure he's very happy to be home again! :blowkiss:

What a wonderful story.

It reminds me of a cat we had and we adored him. He had been neutered but one day he just went missing. I don't know who cried the most, me or our children. Well one day about 7 months later our son heard something at the back door and looked out and there stood "Warrior" :blowkiss:looking up at him.

We have no idea where he had been but he was very healthy like he always had been. We had looked everywhere for him for almost a month after he went missing. We live in a wooded area so we thought that he wandered back into the woods and another animal or snake got him.

He never left after then.

So I know how happy this family was to see their beloved pet they thought they would never see again.

imo
I know just what you mean, ocean! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson