1276 users online (199 members and 1077 guests)  

Websleuths News

Consumer Reports Picks the Best Cup o' Brew

Folgers, Maxwell House, and Starbucks are America's best-selling ground coffees. But all three were iced by Eight O'Clock Colombian coffee in our taste tests. As for Starbucks, it didn't even place among the top regular coffees and trailed among decafs.

Our tests of 19 coffees also show that some of the best cost the least. At about $6 per pound, Eight O'Clock costs less than half the price of Gloria Jean's, Peet's, and other more expensive brands.

Like your joe without all the caffeine? Dunkin' Donuts and Millstone were the front runners among the decafs. But Folgers Gourmet Selection Lively Colombian came in close behind and costs up to $3 less per pound. But even the best decaffeinated coffees couldn't match the best regular brews in our taste tests.

Much more at link:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...est-cup-o-brew

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

That is pretty interesting, I had no idea. I have never tried 8:00, but if it is sold in Canada, I am going to try it.

We like various coffees. 8 O'clock is good -all the varieties. Lately we have been liking Dunkin Coffee - the Dunkin Dark especially. A couple weeks ago, I bought a couple bags of that and one of the Dunkin Decaf, just to have on hand for a relative who drinks Decaf. The bags look the same and last Sunday, DH finished off one bag of the Dark, and opened another from the freezer. Good, as always. Later, I was looking for something in the freezer and noticed the Decaf, in a prominent spot, looked, and sure enough, he had opened it. Both of us where shocked as it tasted just like the Dunkin Dark. The best decaf I have ever had.

We love our coffee, Community Coffee is good as well. They just had a big sale and we stocked up on a variety of their coffee, so we are set.

But, if you get the chance to buy it, 8 o'Clock is great - especially now that I think of it, either the Columbian or the French Roast. It is better, In my opinion than Starbucks - although I really like the Starbucks Sumatra.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    We like various coffees. 8 O'clock is good -all the varieties. Lately we have been liking Dunkin Coffee - the Dunkin Dark especially. A couple weeks ago, I bought a couple bags of that and one of the Dunkin Decaf, just to have on hand for a relative who drinks Decaf. The bags look the same and last Sunday, DH finished off one bag of the Dark, and opened another from the freezer. Good, as always. Later, I was looking for something in the freezer and noticed the Decaf, in a prominent spot, looked, and sure enough, he had opened it. Both of us where shocked as it tasted just like the Dunkin Dark. The best decaf I have ever had.

We love our coffee, Community Coffee is good as well. They just had a big sale and we stocked up on a variety of their coffee, so we are set.

But, if you get the chance to buy it, 8 o'Clock is great - especially now that I think of it, either the Columbian or the French Roast. It is better, In my opinion than Starbucks - although I really like the Starbucks Sumatra.
    I always viewed coffee simply as a means of waking up, since I don't like the taste, but the fact that people actually drink decaf tells me some people actually drink it JUST for the taste, and this shocks me, LOL! It's bitter, to me, without heavy doses of cream and sugar, hehe. I do like cappuchino (sp?) But I find black coffee so distasteful that it always suprised me when people drank decaf just because they like it, not to wake up. I live in a sheltered world, I know, lol.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Our favorite is Community Coffees "Dark Roast". Order on-line at ccscoffee.com for freshness. 8'oclock is good also. Remember my folks buying it at the old A&P Market. We can still go down to our local grocer and throw a bag of 8'oclock beans into the grinder for some outstanding morning brew.