805 users online (117 members and 688 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

WI -18 y/o student charged with blackmailing students into sex acts using Facebook

I did a search and the perp's name doesn't come up. I can't believe this hasn't been posted already.

What a waste of a life. OTOH, if this guy was going to become a life-long pedophile, better we find out when he is 18.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/39091967.html

New Berlin - Describing a pattern of manipulation and deception using the social networking site Facebook, the Waukesha County district attorney today announced sexual assault charges against a New Berlin Eisenhower student who authorities say coerced male students into sexual encounters.

Anthony R. Stancl, 18, posing as a female on Facebook, persuaded at least 31boys to send him naked pictures and then blackmailed some of the boys into performing sex acts under the threat that the pictures would be released to the rest of the high school, authorities say.

What an unusual case! It's surprising that he was able to blackmail so many boys. A lot of children are still unaware of the dangers of the internet; facebook and myspace and such. This guy is 18, was still in high school when he was preying on other boys. I hope he gets the 293 years, he is a serious sexual predator at the age of 18 preying on his fellow students

It was very brave of the 15 yo to come forward and tell the police what Stancl was doing. He was probably afraid police would see his pictures when they searched Stancl's computer.

I wish more young people would realize that the cute little college girl that you're sending nude pictures to just may be a 53-yr. old man. Myspace and Facebook are so anonymous. Just like most of the internet is. It all boils down to trust and this day and age you really can't trust anyone.

Agree Meow and Lizzybeth. I'm sure the boys wanted attention from the female, and didn't realize (think with their BRAIN!!) what they were doing until it was too late.

It could be an old pedophile, or in this case it's the 18 y/o male you go to school with...

This kid has ruined so many lives, including his own. Can't wait for the "he was abused" defense to come out. (eyeroll)

19 yr. old used Facebook to blackmail students into sex

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/...d_facebook.php

This is one of the creepiest stories I've read in a long time. Thank goodness Stancl was caught now. He really thought he had a program going that just couldn't fail. This young man traumatized so many boys and men, it makes my head spin. What ever happened to finding a boyfriend or even sexual partner in the old-fashioned sort of way?

Parents, just another reminder to not only drill the girls about social sites but talk to your sons. They are vulnerable too. Have them read this story and I'll bet they'll get very very quiet. My 20 year old son listened, shook his head and said, "That is so low. What a slimeball." My thoughts exactly.

Yes, I remember hearing about this story on HLN. This boy did have a scheme that he thought would never fail. And for a while it didn't.

Thank goodness one of the boys went to his parents with what was going on and that started the ball rolling....