Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajun

Reaction score
IN HER OWN WORDS: Cindy Anthony says Caylee 'will be watching over so many other children'

February 8, 2009 Cindy Anthony wrote this eulogy to her slain granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony for publication in the Orlando Sentinel — her first public comments since the toddler's death was confirmed in December. A public memorial service is Tuesday.

Caylee Marie Anthony has captivated the hearts of so many people over the course of the last several months. Many feel a great loss for a beautiful child that they never had the opportunity to meet. They quickly fell in love with her beauty and her charming ways, as she read a story to her ailing great-grandfather, whom she loved very much.

Caylee's life will be honored in a memorial service open to the public Tuesday at the First Baptist Church of Orlando beginning at 10a.m.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/serv...onday/orl-cayleeobit0809feb08,0,6952778.story

That is very nice. It had to be reeeeeeeeeealy hard to know how to phrase it.

Thank you for posting.

i think cindy did a great job on this and she is correct .. we didnt know caylee they did .. they will never get over her . we will go on with our lives and we still have our families and children but those that do not have thier kids with them im sure understand what cindy is saying . i cant bash her for this .

that was really beautiful.. it had to be so very hard to write that..

That was beautiful It had to be sooo hard writing it.

Why were donations even mentioned more than in one sentence? I give her some credit tho, it is nice...but she could have stopped at "in lieu of flowers donations can be made to:...

I think she drove the point home that we all didn't KNOW Caylee. I think CA did the best that she could, I don't know if I would even be able to make sense if I had to do it. Good for her for being strong..it is beautiful.

ETA..this must be a typo as Caylee was their grandchild.

The family is requesting that those with only the purest of hearts and truly honorable intentions attend the service for their beloved child

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/serv...onday/orl-cayleeobit0809feb08,0,6952778.story

hmmm...i'm stuck on what to say right now...wish she would've at least "asked" for donations for the church that is so generous to hold Caylee's memorial, seems if for no other reason than etiquette she would've included them...etiquette...I digress...LOL

Since I removed all of my other tacky's from this post I will leave it at this....

I can't imagine ever having to write anything like this for my child (have no grandkids). For that, I have empathy for CA...

Thanks for fixing, JBean. I wasn't sure how much we could use before it violated copyrights. I haven't started a thread since the beginning of the Holloway case. :)

i think cindy did a great job on this and she is correct .. we didnt know caylee they did .. they will never get over her . we will go on with our lives and we still have our families and children but those that do not have thier kids with them im sure understand what cindy is saying . i cant bash her for this .

I am surprised to see it; I didn't expect it. I really hope that the service goes well and the people who attend offer them comfort and acceptance of their grief so maybe the family can step towards healing. They have to be extremely gun-shy of the public right now. I think I will follow the link to see what the responses are in the newspaper.

Annette

Why were donations even mentioned more than in one sentence? I give her some credit tho, it is beautiful...but she could have stopped at "in lieu of flowers donations can be made to:...).
That's what you took away from her eulogy?

ETA: LOL I was responding to a different post of yours, but I see you changed it or I am going nuts.

It's not written clearly in regards to the new smile. The article stated how donations on behalf of Caylee were given to various organizations. IMO they left out the name of the organization that donates to children born with cleft pallets. I forget what it is called but they give money so children with cleft pallets so they can have their mouths reconstructed.

ETA..I think there are a few but one is CP Foundation.

Why were donations even mentioned more than in one sentence? I give her some credit tho, it is nice...but she could have stopped at "in lieu of flowers donations can be made to:...
i read it and the only donation they asked for was flowers ect ect ...i thought that was a beautiful eulogy .. and i really do not see what you are saying ..she was talking about missing kids organizations that are getting donations more because of caylee now .. i think that is wonderful ! i see how passionate you are about this case i just hope you are doing ok

Thanks for posting cajun - a very nice eulogy.

She did do a decent job but I also wish her father, dead or alive had been mentioned, even if it had to say "she was preceeded in death by her father......." I am sad she did not mention all the donations made to Texas EquuSearch in the name & memory of Caylee. Cindy may not like Tim b/c he was searching for a dead Caylee but for so many lost, Tim is a kind, loving man who runs a wonderful organization. I also wish all those who have offered prayers or searched would have been thanked.

I wish I could feel in my heart anything I donated to the foundation would be put to sincere use to help others. As long as they hitch their wagon to Kid Finders, I cant give one penny. My donations will continue to go to TES. I think that's what Caylee would want, after all, she was found on Tim Miller's birthday.

I know the obit was very difficult for Cindy. It really was nice & I hope this family can begin to heal. I agree 100 percent with Cindy asking only those with pure intentions coming on Tuesday, it's ONLY about Caylee, nothing else. May God Bless & keep this little child in his arms & may she know she is loved.

I changed my post a bit, but yes...unfortunately the backhanded jabs were still there at people she doesn't like and listing all of those things were a request for even more donations. I didn't expect to see it in Caylee's eulogy. I would have expected to see nothing besides sweet things about Caylee.

It's not written clearly in regards to the new smile. The article stated how donations on behalf of Caylee were given to various organizations. IMO they left out the name of the organization that donates to children born with cleft pallets. I forget what it is called but they give money so children with cleft pallets so they can have their mouths reconstructed.

ETA..I think there are a few but one is CP Foundation.
OT but my dad used to fix the cleft palates for the little ones at Shriners :)
Such a worthy cause.

I think she drove the point home that we all didn't KNOW Caylee. I think CA did the best that she could, I don't know if I would even be able to make sense if I had to do it. Good for her for being strong..it is beautiful.

ETA..this must be a typo as Caylee was their grandchild.

The family is requesting that those with only the purest of hearts and truly honorable intentions attend the service for their beloved child

I think Cindy did a very nice job on something that must have been very hard to do especially knowing that so many people will be going to scrutinize it.

I do hope that last sentence you quoted from Cindy's eulogy remains true. I so fear that this memorial will became a circus if the same type people show up at the memorial as did in front of their home.

I really wish the media would lay low for this but I doubt it. I can already envisage all the interviews they will airing of people entering and leaving the church.

She did do a decent job but I also wish her father, dead or alive had been mentioned, even if it had to say "she was preceeded in death by her father......." I am sad she did not mention all the donations made to Texas EquuSearch in the name & memory of Caylee. Cindy may not like Tim b/c he was searching for a dead Caylee but for so many lost, Tim is a kind, loving man who runs a wonderful organization. I also wish all those who have offered prayers or searched would have been thanked.

I wish I could feel in my heart anything I donated to the foundation would be put to sincere use to help others. As long as they hitch their wagon to Kid Finders, I cant give one penny. My donations will continue to go to TES. I think that's what Caylee would want, after all, she was found on Tim Miller's birthday.

I know the obit was very difficult for Cindy. It really was nice & I hope this family can begin to heal. I agree 100 percent with Cindy asking only those with pure intentions coming on Tuesday, it's ONLY about Caylee, nothing else. May God Bless & keep this little child in his arms & may she know she is loved.

Nice post...I agree about Caylee's father...I had that in my original post but it wasn't stated as nicely as yours. I too think it was tacky, regardless of Caylee's relationship--or lack of---with him...he (whoever "he" is or was) helped create that beautiful baby!

And the donations part...you worded that better than I had in my post (pre-edit) also...

hmmm...i'm stuck on what to say right now...wish she would've at least "asked" for donations for the church that is so generous to hold Caylee's memorial, seems if for no other reason than etiquette she would've included them...etiquette...I digress...LOL

Since I removed all of my other tacky's from this post I will leave it at this....

I can't imagine ever having to write anything like this for my child (have no grandkids). For that, I have empathy for CA...

What a great example you set ! I appreciate your doing that. I know how hard it is...I really do. And yes, it's hard enough to do an obit for a parent. And under these circumstances, what the he** do you say in it?

Anyway, I wanted to give you a pat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member