Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajun

Reaction score
IN HER OWN WORDS: Cindy Anthony says Caylee 'will be watching over so many other children'

February 8, 2009 Cindy Anthony wrote this eulogy to her slain granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony for publication in the Orlando Sentinel — her first public comments since the toddler's death was confirmed in December. A public memorial service is Tuesday.

Caylee Marie Anthony has captivated the hearts of so many people over the course of the last several months. Many feel a great loss for a beautiful child that they never had the opportunity to meet. They quickly fell in love with her beauty and her charming ways, as she read a story to her ailing great-grandfather, whom she loved very much.

Caylee's life will be honored in a memorial service open to the public Tuesday at the First Baptist Church of Orlando beginning at 10a.m.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/serv...onday/orl-cayleeobit0809feb08,0,6952778.story

If you would like to discuss this without personally attacking each other then please do so. if you cannot refrain then please find another thread.
Raise the level of discussion and enjoy a good debate.

I think it is very touching that so many posters have such feeling for Caylee that they take everything so personally. Like Caylee belonged to them. Truth of the matter is she didn't belong to any of us, she belonged to the Anthony's for a very short time. Cindy does not have to impress me with loving words for Caylee in a eulogy or announcement or whatever you want to call it. If she talks people complain, if she is silent, people complain. I just fail to see what would be accepted in this situation. I still pray every night for Cindy and George to have peace in their hearts because if it is one thing that I feel is true in ALL of this since July 15th, Caylee loved Cindy and George and Cindy and George loved Caylee.

I think it is very touching that so many posters have such feeling for Caylee that they take everything so personally. Like Caylee belonged to them. Truth of the matter is she didn't belong to any of us, she belonged to the Anthony's for a very short time. Cindy does not have to impress me with loving words for Caylee in a eulogy or announcement or whatever you want to call it. If she talks people complain, if she is silent, people complain. I just fail to see what would be accepted in this situation. I still pray every night for Cindy and George to have peace in their hearts because if it is one thing that I feel is true in ALL of this since July 15th, Caylee loved Cindy and George and Cindy and George loved Caylee.

I totally agree with all of this. My prayers are with Cindy and George.

I just flicked through our local paper and every funeral notice had printed underneath "in lieu of flowers or gifts in memory of John Doe, donations to _______ (A,B or C) would be greatly appreciated" or something along those lines.

You'd expect the same outrage over this tiny piece of the eulogy had Cindy said "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY". I don't think the outrage even makes sense. Just another way for Cindy to come under attack, IMO. Kind of sad in a way that some beautiful things were said in that eulogy, and it really was the first sign of recognition from Cindy that Caylee is in fact, actually dead... but people still want to nitpick?

The only thing in the whole eulogy that irked me was the mention that Caylee was survived by Casey - which is sickening. I'm sure this wasn't added in there by Cindy in anyway to cause the public pain, it is fact, but it's also fact that Casey killed Caylee. I'd just hate to be Cindy right now. What a conflicted range of emotions she must feel.

What you said. I totally agree.

I just flicked through our local paper and every funeral notice had printed underneath "in lieu of flowers or gifts in memory of John Doe, donations to _______ (A,B or C) would be greatly appreciated" or something along those lines.

You'd expect the same outrage over this tiny piece of the eulogy had Cindy said "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY". I don't think the outrage even makes sense. Just another way for Cindy to come under attack, IMO. Kind of sad in a way that some beautiful things were said in that eulogy, and it really was the first sign of recognition from Cindy that Caylee is in fact, actually dead... but people still want to nitpick?

The only thing in the whole eulogy that irked me was the mention that Caylee was survived by Casey - which is sickening. I'm sure this wasn't added in there by Cindy in anyway to cause the public pain, it is fact, but it's also fact that Casey killed Caylee. I'd just hate to be Cindy right now. What a conflicted range of emotions she must feel.
Even the Soares's had to include a mention of Mark in Lori Hacking's obit. But at least they ultimately
removed the hacking name from her tombstone IIRC.

Our precious daughter and sister, Lori Kay Soares Hacking, slipped into eternity July 19, 2004. She was the daughter of Thelma Black Soares of Orem, Utah and Eraldo Soares of Fullerton, California.

snip
Lori married her high school sweetheart, Mark Hacking, on August 7, 1999, in the Bountiful Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She was an active member of the Church, and was dearly loved by her family, her in-laws, and her many friends, roommates and work colleagues.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20040811/ai_n11474478

I think it's a lovely eulogy and I am sorry for this family's loss. I hope they can find peace and comfort.

yup definately agree here .. i also thought how she added how the foundations are helping other children through caylee .was very unselfish of her .. she didnt have to put that in .that shows me she does indeed care about others and not just herself . im sick of seeing her attacked she knew caylee ..loved her.. held her.. heard her first cry . there is no way any of us could love caylee like cindy did .. she bonded with caylee the second she was born ..we didnt we learned of her via the news and internet ..caylee is loved by so many because of her tragic demise and the videos .. that isnt the same as actually knowing the baby when she was alive none of us even knew she existed.. however cindy did .lets try to remember that before we say cruel things about her gp.. there is alot of coulda shoulda woulda .. well cindy cant change that now .. george cant change that now .. its over and she is gone and they cant change what they did either . all they can do now is co-operate and i beleive they will and i pray for them to heal

I sincerely hope that CA wrote this by herself without help from a PR person.
I do think the family all loved Caylee, just kc couldn't handle being a mom. IMO

<respectfully snipped>

I'm a little disheartened by the wording in that too, and maybe it could've been put a different way. Yes, it's true Casey is the mother of Caylee, but considering she's the one who is accused of her murder, it seems out of place to have it written the way it was. Just my opinion. :)

I cannot even imagine having to write the eulogy for a murdered grandchild. I think that Cindy did her best to honor Caylee with this tribute.

I was thinking of going, but now I'm not. Sad to see them being completely ungrateful for what Texas EquuaSearch and what hundreds of volunteers did for Caylee. It just seems as if it was just the direct infusion of money that counted. I will light a candle and say a prayer & let go of a pink balloon in Caylee's memory. RIP Most Beautiful Little Angel.

yup definately agree here .. i also thought how she added how the foundations are helping other children through caylee .was very unselfish of her .. she didnt have to put that in .that shows me she does indeed care about others and not just herself . im sick of seeing her attacked she knew caylee ..loved her.. held her.. heard her first cry . there is no way any of us could love caylee like cindy did .. she bonded with caylee the second she was born ..we didnt we learned of her via the news and internet ..caylee is loved by so many because of her tragic demise and the videos .. that isnt the same as actually knowing the baby when she was alive none of us even knew she existed.. however cindy did .lets try to remember that before we say cruel things about her gp.. there is alot of coulda shoulda woulda .. well cindy cant change that now .. george cant change that now .. its over and she is gone and they cant change what they did either . all they can do now is co-operate and i beleive they will and i pray for them to heal

Nicely said. They are trying to bring something, somehow good out of this nightmare. My sister donated her body to medical research because she appreciated how much they did for her when she was dying of cancer. Some of our relatives gave me he** about abiding by her wishes, (how could I let them cut her to pieces? How could I deprive them of a funeral with a real body? How could I let her be cremated afterwards?) but it was her way of trying to make something positive out of a horrible, brutal, unfair death. So I let people rage as they desired and did what I thought was best. In the end, that's what everyone has to do.

The 5 lines about Caylee were very nice.

The rest has made me feel quite sick and was far worse than I could have expected. To me it just read "show me the money" and pretty much confirmed my worst fears about this family and their motives. I really think the As ought to leave the searching for children business to people who are willing to assist law enforcement when 2 year olds are murdered.

The rest has made me feel quite sick and was far worse than I could have expected. To me it just read "show me the money" and pretty much confirmed my worst fears about this family and their motives. I really think the As ought to leave the searching for children business to people who are willing to assist law enforcement when 2 year olds are murdered.

I feel the same, Bunny. Of all people to go into the missing persons business here is a family that did nothing but try to STOP a search and tried to derail all search efforts and reviled all searchers. I don't like this obit/eulogy/press release -- I think it's a travesty on so many levels I can't even begin to count.

LOL 5 lines? Which 5 lines about her did you like?

I think it was beautiful and very heartfelt. I have said all along that no matter how much people want to feel that they "knew" and "loved" Caylee, they didn't. The public loves the persona of Caylee, the perception of what they see on TV and what we have been told about her from the people who knew her. It's wonderful that so many cared about Caylee and that her memory will live on in some of us, but this family will be the ones who will mourn her loss forever. As Cindy said so perfectly: "But for those who actually had the honor to meet Caylee Marie, it will be much more difficult for them to say goodbye, and their hearts may never heal."

I so agree with this. There has never been any doubt, to me, that George and Cindy loved little Caylee with all their hearts. She was the light of their lives--George even said that she was the one that kept him going. It was also quite evident that this precious little girl loved her grandparents. It is just so sad and my heart breaks for them. I don't think any of us can begin to imagine their pain and heartache. Losing a loved one causes tremendous pain but losing a granddaughter at the hands of your own daughter is unimaginable. My prayers are with this family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave