Heads Up, the A&E doc appears new!

why_nutt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It will be repeated again at 2 a.m. Eastern time.

This is not a repeat of any of the old documentaries in any form.

Thanks, why_nutt. I was going to skip it because I thought it would be a re-run, and I didn't think I'd be able to stand watching the camera-pretending-to-be-the-intruder again, showing what the "intruder" saw going down the stairs carrying JonBenet. If I see any phony stuff like that on this program, I'll shut it off and fire off another blistering email to A&E.

imo

why_nutt said:
It will be repeated again at 2 a.m. Eastern time.

This is not a repeat of any of the old documentaries in any form.

OMG TELL US WHY NUT...What is it like? I don't know if I can catch it.

Will most of us be mad or glad?

I think gladness is in order. As I have written earlier and elsewhere, it is like an Illustrated Perfect Murder Perfect Town. Although, as it goes on, it also takes on touches of the Steve Thomas book.

I think I see now how it managed to slide under our radars. The Ramsey defenders usually would have liked to call attention to it well ahead of time, because of course, all documentaries end up revealing how totally innocent John and Patsy are, right? Not this one. This one is about as objective as is possible, and therefore cannot please the RST very much. Lovers of fact should savor it, however.

By all that is holy, I have to make screen grabs. I could swear they just showed that the packing peanuts were still in the window well when Bill Kurtis was there years later.

why_nutt said:
By all that is holy, I have to make screen grabs. I could swear they just showed that the packing peanuts were still in the window well when Bill Kurtis was there years later.
Yes, I noticed that. I also noticed that the Ramsey private investigator, Dave Williams, invented some new evidence. He said there was evidence that the grate was moved and barks and twigs cleared from around the basement window where the "intruder" came in. Rewriting history, are they?

The most interesting part IMO was Alex Hunter's comments on the grand jury. Responding to the question of whether the GJ wanted to indict, after he declined to comment he promptly went on to say he refused to be pushed by anyone like the OJ prosecutors were and end up with a disaster like the OJ case. In other words (IMO), he wasn't about to be pushed by the grand jury. Now, why would he say that if they DIDN'T want to indict?

why_nutt said:

I leave it for the audience to judge.

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/debris.jpg

And for purposes of comparison:

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/window_right.jpg

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/window_ledge.jpg

I think something interesting can be observed. You can see a cleaner area in front of the center window in the frame grab from tonight's Kurtis program; it is roughly the shape of an arrow, with the feathers to the left and the arrowhead to the right. In the third photo, which was a crime-scene photo, an area much the same shape is present. Perhaps that cleaner area is an artifact of how the concrete was poured, and does not so much represent a cleaned area caused by a person, as it is an area which dirt and leaves do not stick to for long.

I had a good chuckle because Alex Hunter came off as an arrogant *advertiser censored**

The program was extremely neutral, however I was able to really focus in on Patsy's and John's emotions and body language. When asked directly about JonBenet, John Ramsey shifts his eyes. Patsy when spoken to, emphatically denies they had everything to do with it, while blinking her eyes and shifting her body. The body language is interesting and at NO time do either parents show ANY emotion regarding their child.

The program clearly defined the Ramsey's were not cooperating with police.

Nedthan Johns said:
I had a good chuckle because Alex Hunter came off as an arrogant *advertiser censored**

The program was extremely neutral, however I was able to really focus in on Patsy's and John's emotions and body language. When asked directly about JonBenet, John Ramsey shifts his eyes. Patsy when spoken to, emphatically denies they had everything to do with it, while blinking her eyes and shifting her body. The body language is interesting and at NO time do either parents show ANY emotion regarding their child.

The program clearly defined the Ramsey's were not cooperating with police.
I agree, Ned. It was a pretty good show except for the lie about the basement window "evidence."

An epiphany moment: when John made reference to proper burial. Sent chills. I'm now thinking John helped compose the ransom note. Either that or he's incredibly, self-sabotagingly stupid. Come to think of it, I can't decide which. What do you think?

Britt said:
An epiphany moment: when John made reference to proper burial. Sent chills. I'm now thinking John helped compose the ransom note. Either that or he's incredibly, self-sabotagingly stupid. Come to think of it, I can't decide which. What do you think?

I think it is just possible that after having been exposed to the note so many times, that it is sort of second nature to use some of those phrases. It is possible that he helped to write the note or had something to do with all of this, but I give him benefit of the doubt (my doubt so far). By exposure to the note, I am referring to having to write it for handwriting analysis and readign it a few times to try to glean clues from it, etc.

Edited to add: Wish I had seen this program. What was it called? I might just see if I can find it somewhere.

Just an FYI, Patsy stated she never read the entire note. The ransom note was in the hands of the BPD after the crime, and I am willing to bet the interviews the Ramsey's gave were long before that note was released to the public.

Arielle said:
I think it is just possible that after having been exposed to the note so many times, that it is sort of second nature to use some of those phrases.

Edited to add: Wish I had seen this program. What was it called? I might just see if I can find it somewhere.

That's easily possible. When asked the question, if John had looked flustered and chosen his words carefully, he would have appeared evasive and uncomfortable. Seeing his body language in some interviews like CNN, I never felt he was hiding anything.

Patsy always seems to come off as self absorbed and a little dramatic, so if she did something along these lines when answering a question it's kind of to be expected.

Sorry I missed the show.

Arielle said:
I think it is just possible that after having been exposed to the note so many times, that it is sort of second nature to use some of those phrases.
I've heard that rationale before and I don't buy it and here's why: IF this was a real intruder-crime and that monster wrote those words to the parent of the murdered child, IMO those words, every last one of them, would be seared into the parent's memory in all their nightmarish, revolting horror, to the extent that the parent would go out of his way to avoid ever uttering them. In other words, IMO the parent would have the exact opposite reaction to the words as you suggest above.... he would literally choke on the words.

If, OTOH, the parent were involved in the crime and/or in the creation of the fake note, IMO the guilt/subconscious attachment to the crime and all its elements, including the words in the note, would cause "Freudian slips" (for lack of a better term) because the subconscious is driven to reveal truth. Under these circumstances I could see how the words would become "second nature" to the parent, thanks to the subconscious.

In both instances, the words would haunt the parent, but in the first case (true victim) IMO the parent's intense awareness of the words and their horror would prevent them from just slipping out like "second nature." Such mindless slippage by the Ramseys suggests they are NOT true victims.

I haven't seen this "new" program - but I remember John Ramsey using "proper burial" way back when - one of their first TV interviews. It caught my attention at that time.

Was this a clip from back then or a new interview for the documentary?

TLynn said:
I haven't seen this "new" program - but I remember John Ramsey using "proper burial" way back when - one of their first TV interviews. It caught my attention at that time.

Was this a clip from back then or a new interview for the documentary?

shitzee...I believe I missed it but maybe not...I remember helping my 6yr old w/homework due on the last day of school 5/28--and the TV blarring about 'ALL INVOLVED SHOULD TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ?' ... and I remember John w/Patsy at his side talking about such and his dam hand language; did anyone catch his hand language? ... I found this to be very odd ... his hands going with his words about a killer out their and wiping the slat clean etc., next thing I notice is John has both hands to his chest saying "we've I've made mistakes" dadada???help? :laugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back