GUILTY OK - Wendy Camp, Cynthia Britto, & Lisa Kregear, Chandler, 29 May 1992

smile22

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
i was watching and older unsloved mysteries today at my grandmas and they had this story on this women her sister in law and step doughter, she had ms and was from oklahoma she had a son from a previus marrige that didnt last long she got pregnant from a co worker had the babyt then developed a bad case of ms her husband left her got custdey of the child, she got better remairried, anyways she was on a visit to see him she couldnt drive and her husband was like call me when u get there or it might have been on the way and when u get their, her sons fathers mother and his sister were picking them up the ex wife, her sister in law and the neice i think it was or her step doughter to visit the son they got their visited then on the way home back to ok city, the ex wife was fighting with her ex sister in law about geting her son back and ex sister was like hes better off with me and his father more stablity anyways the fight got so bad the mother asked to be droped off home then it was just the ex sister in law ex wife her sister in law and the neice or doughter still fighitng so then she drops them off at a shoping center becuse shes had enugh of the bikering they never came home she claims she droped them off but she was suposed to meet her brother and her niefew at some dinner or something at like 7 it was 3 hrs to ok city from where she was to and back becuse she took the long way, does anyone remeber that and if they were found?

found something on them from the doenetwork was in the yahoo chat for doenetwork and the owner of doenetwork,org found the case for me they dont have pictures of the other 2 women so their cases are not listed but they have one for the step doughter so sad i did a search on google and found nothing else on them foul play is suspected

Cynthia M. Britto
Case File 623DFOK
Missing since May 29, 1992 from Chandler, Lincoln County, Oklahoma.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 17, 1986
Age at Time of Disappearance: 6 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0" - 91 cm, 60 lbs - 27 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Brown eyes; brown hair.
Clothing: Britto was last seen wearing a pink sweater, a blue and black striped shirt and tennis shoes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Britto was last seen being dropped off at Walmart in Chandler with her mother; Wendy Camp and her aunt; Lisa Kregear who are also missing. They were dropped off by Wendy's former mother-in- law. They disappeared after visiting Wendy's son, with whom she had just received visitation rights, in Shamrock, Oklahoma. Camp’s husband said Wendy called him during the afternoon of May 29, 1992. Camp said she was calling from a pay phone in Shamrock, and was on her way home. None of the three has been seen or heard from since. Foul play is suspected.
Wendy has Multiple Sclerosis it is necessary for her to take medication daily and she did not have her medication with her. She was wearing a bright red jogging suit. Foul play is suspected.

I remember that story too. I saw it on Unsolved Mysteries recently too. Curious Smile22, can you PM me your name on doenetwork? I'm a member too. :) (Carey)

lately ive been really intrested in this case and there is virtualy nothing on the web about it does anyone know on how i can get some more info id like to put up a webpage with info pertaning to these women and maybe someone somewhere will know the answers

On Friday, May 29, 1992, 22-year-old Wendy Camp, her daughter 6-year-old Cynthia Britto, and Camp’s sister-in-law, 23-year-old Lisa Kregear disappeared after visiting Camp’s son in Shamrock, Oklahoma. Camp’s husband said Wendy called him during the afternoon of May 29, 1992. Camp said she was calling from a pay phone in Shamrock, and was on her way home. None of the three has been seen or heard from since. The Oklahoma City Police Department requested OSBI assistance.

I was involved in a professional capacity with Wendy and her daughter Cynthia prior to their disappearance. Wendy had been in a custody battle with her ex-husband who had basically taken and not returned their child at birth claiming that her MS made her incapable of giving good care to him. He (the ex)and his mother had gone to great lengths to block visitation and access to the child.

Through the courts, after a protracted struggle, she was finally awarded visitation and went to see her son and took her sister -in-law with her(for protection) and her daugher Cynthia. Prior to going, she expressed concerns for her safety and was warned to be very careful as these people had a history of violent acting out.

When she did not return, I was contacted by her husband. Given what I knew about Wendy's concerns and her ex's threats, I contacted law enforcement officials and during a very long weekend they ignored Wendy's family and my plea to look into the situation closely. I felt that we were basically stone walled. They insisted that she probably just wandered off and no one would follow up. Atr the time I thought that if these people were the relatives of the Gaylords (big newpaper family) or anyone with power and name recognition,,,,that the officers would be out looking for them and spraying Luminal all over the cars and homes of the ex mother in law and ex husband.

After some time, I was contacted by the OSBI. Their supposition, and what I know in my heart to be true, is that the ex-husband was involved in their disappearance and that the bodies were buried somewhere south of Tulsa never to be found. Without bodies, they could not assume murder. The OSBI was unable to receive any cooperation from local law enforcement it seems because the ex's mother-in-law had embarassing information on local officials that precluded their cooperation with OSBI. If you remember, the mother-in-law is the one who claims to have dropped the three off at their parked car and therefore was the last person to see them. The car was found in that parking lot and the story spread that she had hooked up with some truck driver. This is not true at all . This was just not something Wendy would do.

Wendy's parents continued her fight and eventually were awarded custody of her son. He must be in his early 20's by now.

I keep a photo of Cynthia to this day. It sits in my desk and I think of what a sweet child she was and about how easy it is to just disappear of the face of the earth. This case left two other small children mother less as well. I know Wendy's parents must continue to miss her terribly.

Frogpjs,
Thank you so much for sharing your story! It is so nice to have the insights of someone closer to the situation. What a waste of a beautiful little family. You are probably right, if they had been famous or prominent or even just wealthy, they would have probably gotten better attention.

Thanks again.

its just one of the few cases that haunt me i remeber watching on tv the story on unsolved and the ex i think grandma of her son the fathers mother deying the whole thing saying they wouldnt lie and such. well she really didnt know her own family i just hope they find the bodys so the famlys can be at some peace

A new member has asked that we look into this case. I will post an entry for each of the three missing persons involved. Please pardon any duplications.

Wendy L Camp
Missing since May 29, 1992 from Chandler, Lincoln County, Oklahoma
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 1, 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 200 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Medical Conditions: Wendy has Multiple Sclerosis. It is necessary for her to take medication daily and she did not have her medication with her.
Clothing: She was wearing a bright red jogging suit.

Camp was last seen being dropped off at Walmart in Chandler with her with her daughter, Cynthia Britto, and Lisa Kregear, who are also missing. They were dropped off by Wendy's former mother-in- law. They disappeared after visiting Wendy's son, with whom she had just received visitation rights, in Shamrock, Oklahoma. Camp’s husband said Wendy called him during the afternoon of May 29, 1992. Camp said she was calling from a pay phone in Shamrock, and was on her way home. None of the three has been seen or heard from since. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations 405-848-6724

NCIC Number: M-592484086
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations
The Doe Network: Case File 1745DFOK

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1745dfok.html

Cynthia M. Britto
Missing since May 29, 1992 from Chandler, Lincoln County, Oklahoma.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0" - 91 cm; 60 lbs - 27 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; brown hair.
Clothing: Britto was last seen wearing a pink sweater, a blue and black striped shirt and tennis shoes.

Britto was last seen being dropped off at Walmart in Chandler with her mother; Wendy Camp and her aunt; Lisa Kregear who are also missing. They were dropped off by Wendy's former mother-in- law. They disappeared after visiting Wendy's son, with whom she had just received visitation rights, in Shamrock, Oklahoma. Camp’s husband said Wendy called him during the afternoon of May 29, 1992. Camp said she was calling from a pay phone in Shamrock, and was on her way home. None of the three has been seen or heard from since. Foul play is suspected.
Wendy has Multiple Sclerosis. It is necessary for her to take medication daily and she did not have her medication with her. She was wearing a bright red jogging suit. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation
405-848-6724

NCIC Number: M-592484494
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 623DFOK

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/623dfok.html

Lisa R. Kregear
Missing since May 29, 1992 from Chandler, Lincoln County, Oklahoma
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: October 18, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.

Lisa Kregear was las seen with Wendy Camp, who is also missing, and Camp's daughter, Cynthia Britto, being dropped off at Walmart in Chandler. They were dropped off by Wendy's former mother-in- law.
They disappeared after visiting Wendy's son, with whom she had just received visitation rights, in Shamrock, Oklahoma. Camp's husband said Wendy called him during the afternoon of May 29, 1992. Camp said she was calling from a pay phone in Shamrock, and was on her way home. None of the three has been seen or heard from since. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations 405-848-6724
NCIC Number: M-592483899

Source Information:
The Doe Network: Case File 1741DFOK

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1741dfok.html

Can it be verified that these three were even seen at this Walmart? Or do we only have the ex mother in law's claim that she dropped them off there? I remember now seeing this case on Unsolved Mysteries.

Susan Shock said:
Can it be verified that these three were even seen at this Walmart? Or do we only have the ex mother in law's claim that she dropped them off there? I remember now seeing this case on Unsolved Mysteries.
It would seem from all posts and available information, that it is simply the Mother-In-Law's word which places the three at the parked car.

My personal opinion is that they never left Shamrock. A family that will go to such lengths to block visitation and that has a history of violence will probably not stop at a court order. But that's just my opinion.

The Oklahoman
May 31, 1993

........Saturday marked the one year anniversary of the mysterious disappearance of Britto, Camp, and Camp's sister-in-law, Lisa Renee Kregear,23, all of Northwest Oklahoma City.
The three traveled to Shamrock on May 29, 1992, to visit Camp's son Jonathon Noe, now 5, at his fathers home. They never returned.Family members last heard from them about 5 p.m. that Friday before Memorial Day when they called to tell Camp's husband, Leon, that they were headed home.
Beverly Noe, the boy's grandmother, picked the trio up in Oklahoma City that morning and drove them to Shamrock, said Kim Koch, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation.
On the return trip, Beverly Noe has told investigators, an argument ensued between her and Camp, her ex-daughter-in-law, Koch said. Noe has said she stopped at a Wal-Mart in Chandler and told the three to get out sometime between 5:30 and 6 p.m that day.
Two possible sightings of the two women and child at the Wal-Mart have been reported to OSBI, but Koch said investigators have questions about the validity of the witness' statements.
" We haven't been able to get good enough descriptions to determine if the witnesses actually saw them there, " Koch said.
Camp and ex-husband Noe were embroiled in a custody dispute over the then 4-year-old at the time of the disappearance. Camp's mother and step-father, Ed Taylor said they have continued the court battle, seeking granparent visitation rights............

if they were droped off at the local walmart wouldnt they have had the brains to get to a phone and call home and tell the husband where you are. i know they would anyone would in that situation, so i belive that they were droped off and somenone else came and killed them per her ex husbands family or they were never droped off at walmart and that is the story that the family has mantained to this day. i think the ex husbands family had something to do with it. im very very intrested in this case

Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0" - 91 cm; 60 lbs - 27 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; brown hair.

Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Jan 17, 1986
Missing Date: May 29, 1992
Age Now: 20
Missing City: CHANDLER
Missing State : OK
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC774277

NCME

Charley Project

cas has been on my mind for a while and would like anyone intrested who wants to help solve it. any new info on this case?

Hello to all. My name is Kimberly Hashmi, maiden name of course, is Taylor, and I am Wendy's sister. I am sad to say that my Father, Ed Taylor, of Guthrie, Oklahoma, passed away June 29th, 2006, just two months ago, and he never got to see this case settled. I did tell my mother of this site this morning and I could not believe my eyes when I saw this! Actually, I was making a yahoo 360 page, and decided once and for all I am going to do something to help find my sister, because in the OFBI, once Jackie Johnson retired, whoever took her place, is not even PRETENDING to work on my sister and neice and sister-in-laws case! So, when I forgot the exact address for the doe network site that has the age-progession pictures of Cynthia, my nieice, I went to search again for it and by chance, saw that there was a "Do you remember" title and then my sister and neice's name! I started crying when I saw there was a whole STRING of messages, and all about them, and such heartfelt sweet words about them and feelings for my family to put our family at peace. You just dont know how that made me feel! I am sad to say that my nephew has decided to return to living with Beverly, his OTHER grandmother. Chad, his Father, the one who is suspected of causing all of this, is not even in the picture, and is no where to be found, I am sad to say... I am so thankful, from the bottom of my heart, as is my Mother, that there are so many who put others before themselves, as I would in a heartbeat as well, and that think of others so selflessly, even if they can do nothing but offer words of comfort. It has renewed my spirit to know I my Mother and I do not walk alone, and I would live to update ANYONE and I do mean ANYONE with questions about this case. I will give out my phone number to Smiles22 since it seems she is the one who keeps bring this up, :))))))) and I will hope that anyone else she trusts on here will be given the phone number, as she will know who to give it to, and you can call me anytime. I hope and pray for all the others on here that are in pain and suffering as I am to remember, it takes on second to find someone like this so many years later and thinking your all alone, and then to find this is like getting the biggest hug in the world. I am crying so i cant see nows. sincelrely,
proud little sister of Wendy, loving proud aunt of Cynthia, and sister in law of lisa kregear here is my personl email for whoever would like it, cricketwinner@sbcglobal.net, and my Mothers email can be given on request, and my yahoo page is: http://360.yahoo.com/profile-G3nEqFsyaa.UIh8C3ESKIMffAYqloqWqB2aTokwqMyLrsj8-?cq=1 I have never had a webpage before so I hope I put that in there right, lol. If not let me know if you cold not go to my site...
Thakn you for taking the time to read this soppy mess but it was from my heart and I meant every word. you guys deserve more than I can say
Mrs. Kimberly Hashmi

Welcome to WS Kimberly.

I hope we can help you to find your family. I found on another website this 'update'. http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=154119&highlight=wendy+camp

'I have friend that lives in the Shamrock, OK area where Wendy Camp, her daughter and Lisa Kriegar went missing after making a trip to Shamrock from OKC to visit Wendy's son. Bones were found in a pond located on private property in the Drumright/Shamrock area. Bones are those thought to be Wendy Camp, her daughter and Lisa Kriegar. An investigation is under way to determine more information as to what happened. It has been rumored that Chad Noe killed them and placed them in pond and had help. '

Have you heard anything about this? I am so sorry for your losses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back