Was it Appropriate to mention Casey?

Was it appropriate to mention Casey?

• Yes, it was completely appropriate.

Votes: 102 20.0%
  • No, it was highly distasteful.

Votes: 261 51.2%
  • Maybe a little, but not as much as they did.

Votes: 147 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuffaloPI

Reaction score
At today's memorial?

I didn't think so.

(not a Rant Thread btw ;-) just wondering everyone's opinion)

NO. :silenced:

It's not really our business is it? If your family (not taling to anyone specifically here) suffers a terrible tragedy you can decide what is appropriate for you. The Anthonys have that right too. Not our place to judge. They lost two. So they are never supposed to greive Casey?

There is no standard of behavior for this very bizarre situation. Whatever makes the family happy I guess.

I say yes. It is a church memorial for her daughter. Regardless of the case building against her, she is still Caylee's mother and CA & GA's daughter. If I had a family member in her position, I'd be praying for them every minute. There is no better place for her mention. Never underestimate the power of God. If anyone can mend the broken hearts, minds and spirits......

Aside how I feel about Casey, I do think that the way that Cindy acknowledged her was what a mother would have done. Or at least I would have. I think had she left her name out then we would judge her for not mentioning the person who gave birth and (allegedly) took her life. If that makes sense. We are a judgmental society and today I can't judge Cindy.

No, I didn't think it was proper. For GA to ask folks to write to Casey....NOT proper at all! Today was supposed to be all about Caylee, I didn't want to hear anything about her so called mother. I had to chuckle at Cindy wasting all that time & breath talking to her daughter who was in no way listening because she couldn't even find it in her busy jail schedule or ice cold heart to watch the memorial for her baby :furious:.

I'm glad that there were no problems for the Anthony's today. Other then the mention of their "waste, complete waste" daughter......I thought it was beautiful.

It's not really our business is it? If your family (not taling to anyone specifically here) suffers a terrible tragedy you can decide what is appropriate for you. The Anthonys have that right too. Not our place to judge. They lost two. So they are never supposed to greive Casey?

Amen truemystery. Amen.

She is still their daughter. Let's hope they were trying to reach out to KC that it is not too late for her to tell what really happened so they can all heal. I was not going to watch but it was done very well and I hope it helps them to begin healing.

While I understand the anger with KC, we have to remember, this is THEIR family and there are 2 members affected by this tragedy. It must be difficult for them to wrap their heads around "hope" and "forgiveness" to get through the grieving process. I am angry too but I respect what this family is having to face, as confusing as that can be for them.

I think had KC's name not been mentioned we would all be theorizing as to why she was never mentioned........."Do they think she's guilty?......Was it a last dig at her?" etc................ I don't feel they mentioned her for any reason other that she is their daughter and Caylee's mother.

Lee kept repeating "CMA I miss you, CMA I love you", anyone else think he was meaning Casey as well as Caylee???
You know, I thought the same thing Mermaid! Unless Lee always called Caylee CMA??? I hope that's the case & he didn't waste his words on someone who couldn't be bothered to watch like Cindy did......

While I understand the anger with KC, we have to remember, this is THEIR family and there are 2 members affected by this tragedy. It must be difficult for them to wrap their heads around "hope" and "forgiveness" to get through the grieving process. I am angry too but I respect what this family is having to face, as confusing as that can be for them.

Right. It's pretty arrogant of us to think we are the all knowing ettiquette experts of what to do and say when your evil daughter kills your beautiful granddaughter.

I say no.

When my husband's cousin and 2 year old child were brutally murdered, I couldn't imagine what would have happened if someone had mention the murderers name.

I know everyone grieves differently, but IMO it was not necessary to mention her name.

I don't know how anyone else felt, but I was extremely shocked to see pictures of Caylee AND Casey. I felt a sudden urge of anger!!

yes, if that is what they felt in their heart...it is their family, not ours...he who throws stones...

They are caught in a tough situation. I can't imagine what they are going through and would never want to be faced with the decisions and pain they have been dealing with (and will continue to deal with for a long time).

I thought it was a beautiful ceremony, it was brave of them to share their feelings with the world, and I can understand why they mentioned casey... it's an unbearable spot for them to be in.

Just my 2 cents.. what a heartbreaking situation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back