FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cutie-pie... I hope she is found quickly and is okay.

Oh, no! Not another one! LE needs to get this little girl's picture on national TV right away.

I hope and pray that Haleigh is found safe and sound.

I just read a couple of articles... I"m sorry, the girlfriend said the door was unlocked. Who in this day and age doesn't lock their doors anymore? Hinkey meter way high on this off the start. How do you find a child missing at 3:30 am unless that child always wakes up around then? Most children sleep very well by that age.

And the Amber Alert however useful, is ineffective in this case and didn't meet all the necessary criteria to release one. Although I'm not against any alerts for missing children, there's no suspect discription, no vehicle, no tag number, etc....

I just don't think this is a stranger abduction case. I hope I am wrong. I pray to God I am completely wrong and she's found quickly. Poor child. My goodness.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490466,00.html

I just read a couple of articles... I"m sorry, the girlfriend said the door was unlocked. Who in this day and age doesn't lock their doors anymore? Hinkey meter way high on this off the start. How do you find a child missing at 3:30 am unless that child always wakes up around then? Most children sleep very well by that age.

And the Amber Alert however useful, is ineffective in this case and didn't meet all the necessary criteria to release one. Although I'm not against any alerts for missing children, there's no suspect discription, no vehicle, no tag number, etc....

I just don't think this is a stranger abduction case. I hope I am wrong. I pray to God I am completely wrong and she's found quickly. Poor child. My goodness.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490466,00.html

NO ONE I know would leave their door unlocked and go to bed! I do not leave any of my doors unlocked even during the day!

When my children were 3 years old it was hard to wake them up if they were sleeping. Especially in the middle of the night!

Something is not right here! I agree with you that it does not sound like a stranger abduction! I hope I am wrong as well, PattyCake.

This does not sound good at all. :(

I hope that Hayleigh is found quickly and returned to her family...

Fox just said its a trailer park, with a river about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. Fathers girlfriend was home with her and he was at work.
What little child would wander outside in the middle of the night and reported she had a shirt and shorts on. Its a little cold in that area this time of year for shorts.

Reported by fox 26 sex offenders in area. I don't know if they mean county wide or not.

They need to get the dogs searching in there immediately.

Fox just said its a trailer park, with a river about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. Fathers girlfriend was home with her and he was at work.
What little child would wander outside in the middle of the night and reported she had a shirt and shorts on. Its a little cold in that area this time of year for shorts.

They said it was near Ocala National Forest. I used to live in Ocala but I did not realize Putnam was so close. ONF is a big area to search.

I hope they check the trailer park to find out who in there is friends/related to the local sex offenders. After that deal with Couey over in Homasassa they need to check these people immediately.

I hope they check the trailer park to find out who in there is friends/related to the local sex offenders. After that deal with Couey over in Homasassa they need to check these people immediately.

Jessica is who I immediately thought of. :(

Haleigh lives in a mobile home community called River Villa. It's on Green Lane in the Hermits Cove area of Satsuma, just off Buffalo Bluff Road and U.S. 17.

The little girl was home with her father's girlfriend and a 2-year-old sibling. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says the girl's father was at work in Palatka until about 3 a.m.

Authorities found no forced entry to the home.

Haleigh's bedroom door was open when her father's girlfriend woke up to go check on her at about 3:45 a.m.

Investigators haven't said what stirred the father's girlfriend at that hour, but authorities say she called 911 when she discovered Haleigh missing from her room.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement says Haleigh had on a pink shirt and underwear.

She is three feet tall and weighs 39 pounds.

The girl's mother lives in St. Marys, Georgia, and is on her way down to Putnam County to talk with authorities.

So maybe the GF woke up because dad got home?
I hope they IMMEDIATELY look at the sex offenders in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine