1079 users online (273 members and 806 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

LA: "the knowledge/means to facilitate the answers"

From LA memorial speech
    http://www.wftv.com/video/18682111/index.html

*snipped*

"....Finally, for those of us who have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say."

What are your thoughts on the meaning of this?

What knowledge...what means...to facilitate what answers specifically?

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

Good Gosh...this one throws me for a loop! Actually, his whole speech did.

Is he talking to Casey? Or the "KIDNAPPERS"? I don't think he's talking to Casey because he uses the phrase "my family". Wouldn't he say "our family" if he was speaking to Casey?

I think he wants her to confess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    From LA memorial speech
    http://www.wftv.com/video/18682111/index.html

*snipped*

"....Finally, for those of us who have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say."

What are your thoughts on the meaning of this?

What knowledge...what means...to facilitate what answers specifically?

1. It's either directed to Casey for her to CONFESS and be ruled by her conscience,

OR

2. Lee thinks someone else is involved and wants them to come forward.

I can't think of any other way to construe the comment.

Find a conscience with compassion and truth, tell the truth for my family.

It felt and sounded like it was meant for KC. "Allow your conscience to speak even though your mind cant comprehend the words to say". I think it would probably be easier for them to get through this if she would tell the truth and that way they can be angry with her and later forgive if they want, at least they would have that option.

If he'd said "those among us" instead of "those of us", it would have made a lot more sense. I think he's referring to anyone who knows anything, to please come forward and say something.

~*Jai Yen

Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
    1. It's either directed to Casey for her to CONFESS and be ruled by her conscience,

OR

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post

OR

IMO...it's #2....seemed to me a good majority of his "eulogy" was speaking to Casey.

I'm still thinking he thinks Casey is innocent and that he is pleading to the kidnapper/murderer to find compassion and come forward with the truth. The way he phrased it ....."Finally, for those of us who have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves...." He said that his family stands united - so if this stmt was directed towards Casey I think he would have phrased it differrently and said "....answers that OUR family deserves".

I'm sorry I'm repeating myself. I just didn't think I made myself clear in my previous post. I'm on info overload and I'm tired (oh lord....I sound like CA)

Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    Talking in circles in a backward kinda way....sounds like a version of "casey-speak" (has handed down to her, by her mother)
    IMO I was thinking the same thing as you........because it makes no sense to anyone else but them...........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Didn't Lee make Casey promises in his jail conversation to her? Also, I have not found where to add this comment. But yesterday Baez read a statement that was said to be from Casey. In that statement Casey states that she has told her parents what her wishes are. So, that means that the family has had contact with Casey but there is no log of that at the jail. Is Baez letting Casey call the family on his phone?

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    Didn't Lee make Casey promises in his jail conversation to her? Also, I have not found where to add this comment. But yesterday Baez read a statement that was said to be from Casey. In that statement Casey states that she has told her parents what her wishes are. So, that means that the family has had contact with Casey but there is no log of that at the jail. Is Baez letting Casey call the family on his phone?

Baez is probably taking letters to and from the family. He's probably giving them to Casey when he visits her.

~Jai Yen

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    phone calls, email from JB's laptop, letter or just corresponding through JB and BC. I wonder if we will ever know.

I definitely think JB would allow her to use his laptop to send emails if he thought he could get away with it. If caught, he'd claim ignorance to the rules and just get a slap on the hand - you know, like he did when he hugged his client.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    I'm still thinking he thinks Casey is innocent and that he is pleading to the kidnapper/murderer to find compassion and come forward with the truth. The way he phrased it ....."Finally, for those of us who have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves...." He said that his family stands united - so if this stmt was directed towards Casey I think he would have phrased it differrently and said "....answers that OUR family deserves".

I'm sorry I'm repeating myself. I just didn't think I made myself clear in my previous post. I'm on info overload and I'm tired (oh lord....I sound like CA)
    There is only one person with the knowledge and the answers and Lee knows who that person is. By saying "my family".... Lee's subconscious mind speaking? He may have already cut KC from his heart and no longer feels she is a part of his family. I sure picked up on a better sense of what I felt he was saying after listening to his speech several times. My heart breaks for him, he obviously loved his CMA very much.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast