1018 users online (160 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Tornado kills at least 4 in southern Oklahoma

OKLAHOMA CITY A large, violent tornado ripped through a southern Oklahoma town late Tuesday evening, killing four people and injuring up to 50, authorities said. Severe weather also caused damage and power outages in metro Oklahoma City and western Texas.

At least four people were killed and between 20 and 50 were injured by the tornado in Lone Grove, the state Department of Emergency Management said. The town of about 4,600 people is about 100 miles south of Oklahoma City.

Damage in the town was extensive and ambulances and other first responders from communities near Lone Grove were heading there, said Amber Wilson, the emergency management director for nearby Ardmore.
    "Basically, all we have, it is pretty bad," said Chester Agan, assistant emergency manager for Carter County.

The National Weather Service said the tornado that hit Lone Grove was large and violent. At least two other twisters were confirmed, including one that damaged buildings in Oklahoma City and the northern suburb of Edmond.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_re_us/severe_weather

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

It was a rough evening around Oklahoma. OKC saw a lot of damage as did Edmond. Other small towns saw minimal damage, but the hardest hit was Lone Grove. The reports I am getting from OKC are a couple of F-2s or possibly F-3s. I haven't heard about the one that hit Lone Grove yet. They were hit hard and the loss of life is so sad. The death toll is up to 8 now and they are still searching.

I do know in OKC, there were roofs torn off several houses and an apartment complex. The wall of Chuckie Cheese was blown out along with windows of surrounding businesses. It snapped electric poles and ripped off signs in various areas. I haven't heard of any injuries in OKC or Edmond. Thank Goodness.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

My sis lives in Edmond. I called last night and fortunately the tornado there was about a mile from them. A few years ago when they lost part of their roof, thankfully both she and my bil were at work.

Prayers for all those effected. Tornados have no mercy and are scary.

fran

I feel for everyone up in OK that lost loved ones last night. That was one heck of a storm line. It was from up in OK all the way down past south of us (central TX). We had structural damage down here, flipped 18 wheelers, but no deaths. The winds did not die down until very early this morning. We had 80 MPH gusts, I would say that the winds were over 60 MPH sustained (going by my previous experiences here in CenTX).

Hopefully the people up in OK can begin to recover and I send prayers to those who lost their loved ones, from my heart to heaven.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I feel for everyone up in OK that lost loved ones last night. That was one heck of a storm line. It was from up in OK all the way down past south of us (central TX). We had structural damage down here, flipped 18 wheelers, but no deaths. The winds did not die down until very early this morning. We had 80 MPH gusts, I would say that the winds were over 60 MPH sustained (going by my previous experiences here in CenTX).

Hopefully the people up in OK can begin to recover and I send prayers to those who lost their loved ones, from my heart to heaven.
    I'm in your area too and tornadoes scare the heck out of me. I'm originally from the Valley, where there are hardly ever any tornadoes.

The death toll is now up to 8, according to the AP.

The killer tornado SOUNDS like an F4, based on my knowledge as a storm spotter, but I don't think it's been confirmed. Maybe a strong F3.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.