Identified! NY - Staten Island, WhtFem 16-27, UP2689, scorpion tattoo, ring watch, dress, sneakers, Sep'91 - Christine Belusko

hmg

Reaction score
Case File 645UFNY
Unidentified White Female
* The victim was discovered on September 19, 1991 in Staten Island, Richmond County, New York
* Estimated Date of Death: 1 day prior
* Cause of Death: Blunt trauma to head

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 20-27 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, medium length, curly hair; brown eyes. Scorpion tattoo on right buttock.
* Dentals: Available. Tooth 18 has a porcelain fused to metal crown that was dislodged during examination. Decedent possibly had braces in the past.
* Clothing: A black, knit type, 3/4 length dress, with pink or fusia colored collar and pocket. White, size 8, low cut, "Thom Mcaan", "Baloon" sneakers. White bra, black, "G-string type panties with multicolored flowers. Victim was wearing a 18 inch gold, herringbone necklace, 20 inch gold rope chain necklace, a ring that contained a small, watch face with a expandable band, possibly black in color.
* Fingerprints: Available
* DNA: Available in FBI NMPDD.

Case History
The victim was located in a vacant lot on September 19, 1991. She was struck approx 17 times with a large hammer(body shop type). Her body was smoldering when found by a passerby. She was set afire with turpentine.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Richmond County District Attorney
D.I. Patrick Savage
718-556-7122
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
R91-00885; 58/08

NCIC Number:
U-519910873
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
UDRS
D.I. Pat Savage

645UFNY2.jpg

645UFNY.jpg

Marie was reported missing on October 23, 1990 - the UID was found
Sept 19 ,1991 - it's a possibility it could be Marie. It states that Marie has blue eyes but the UID has brown.... I think the pic of Marie and the UID look alike...

chaddylex

How about Frances Morales- 340DFNJ?

She's missing from New Jersey, but is originally from Monticello, NY. She was not reported missing until November 1992 but her family last heard from her in April 1990. It seems like it is possible she was alive between these dates without her acquaintances realizing it. The vitals pretty much fit-- Morales was 5'3" and 125 pounds, UID is 5'4" and 120 pounds. Both have brown eyes and brown curly hair. Morales is mixed race (white/Hispanic) but had a fair complexion, UID is listed as being white. The buttock tattoo on UID is not listed on Morales's profile.

Marie was reported missing on October 23, 1990 - the UID was found
Sept 19 ,1991 - it's a possibility it could be Marie. It states that Marie has blue eyes but the UID has brown.... I think the pic of Marie and the UID look alike...

chaddylex

Yes, I realized that right after which is why I deleted my original post.

Interesting, what makes you think she could be Hispanic/ mixed race?

I just think he/she has brown hair and brown eyes, the possibility can't be ruled out. and I think it's more difficult to discern a mix from skeletal structure alone. just my opinion though.

The jewelry looks like it was pretty expensive so obviously, robbery was not the motive. I can search more on doenetwork for some possible matches.

I agree Heckel bares a strong resemblance to the forensic sketch despite her weight being off. The question then would be what happened to her in the months in between? We know for a fact that UID was killed on September 18th since her body was still smoldering when found.

or what about carrie lawson? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1091dfal.html

i know its a long drive, but the motive would be strong to try to hide the evidence.

i can't find any details about carrie to compare...but a scenario like this seems to fit the uid.

OK, well let's take a look at some of the facts:

*Struck 17 times in the head (indicative of rage) with a hammer from a body shop
*not immediately matched up with a missing person
*clothing intact although slightly burned
*jewelry intact
*killer used turpentine (also found in body shops) as accelerant (a move also indicative of rage)

Things that seem apparent to me:

*probably a prostitute as she hasn't been identified yet. I wonder if they could detemine if she had recently had sex
*whoever did this didn't like her or what she represented and was prepared to do something should the situation not turn out how he wanted. I doubt they knew each other.

Things not mentioned: was there a purse, what time of day the body was found, what kind of area she was found in (industrial, residential, etc).

A lot of prostitutes are taken to areas out of the way so they can do their thing and get paid. I wonder if local police interviewed other prostitutes in the area. Frustrating.

Has anyone contacted LE about this Jane Doe, if not I do not mind emailing them to obtain the police report etc :) this girl deserves a name the way in which she died is absolutely horrible!!!

i am not sure pearly, but that would be great.

i don't know, anubis, i don't think we can assume that she was a prostitute. this was definitely an overkill, and someone obviously wanted to hide the identity. sounds like someone knew the vic to me.

otherwise, why try to burn jane? the rage factor on that doesn't add up to me.

Ok well if we don't hear from HMG (who originally posted this UID) with any objections then I will contact the district attorney in charge to obtain:
the police report
autopsy report
any pictures
rule outs
etc

Do you think that the scorpion tattoo might mean she was a Scorpio in horoscopes?

good thought.

apparently tattooing was illegal within the NY city limits until 1999.

i wonder if it would be worthwhile contacting an old school tattoo artist in new york to see if they recognized the work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back