George Makes Debut As Kidfinder's Spokesman

Jay D

Registered Cynic
Reaction score
I took a couple hours this rainy afternoon to transcribe the video http://www.wftv.com/video/18701735/index.html
I realize that this news is a couple days old, but thought transcribing could be useful to our members for a couple of reasons.
First, we can get accurate quotes for discussion. Secondly, I think it can serve as a baseline to study George's message and how it evolves as he learns how to best function in his latest endeavor.
I will state that I am disappointed in George's decision to tie in with KFN, but fortunately, we are all free to make our own choices.
I'm a one fingered typist, so this took me a long time, but I tried my best to be accurate:

GA - They need to eat, they need to sleep, they need the community support. They do not need to be judged, they do not need to be scrutinized, they need your help. The community needs to come together to help this family to bring this beautiful little girl home. I understand it. Some of you might not, but I understand it. So please help them.

Reporter - what's the most important thing you can say to them....having gone through what you've gone through ...

GA - They need to be in support of each other. They need to be there no matter what. They need to reach out when things get tough, and there's tough days, there's tough hours, there's tough minutes. To know that they can reach out to me, to Josh, to my wife Cindy, to my son, other families that understand. We've become members of a unique club, and that unique club...is there to help you....no matter what.

Reporter - you're still going through a lot of pain... to come up here....

GA - You know something, this is not about me guys. This is not about me. This is about Haleigh Annmarie Cummings, age 5, that needs to be found and brought home to this beautiful family. They need prayer, they need hope,.... and they... and they... they need me.

Reporter - What would you say to the community, you've been through this

GA - Help them! Turn every stone over. Open every door. Put the fliers out. Kidfinders Network is here to support them. We have a billboard, we have a website that's is up and running right now. That's the helpfindhaleigh.com Go on it, you guys will find a lot of great stuff. I've also
mentioned to them, we've got to get some donations coming in for this family. We've got to do stuff to support them.

Reporter - When did you decide to come up, I mean what what what....

GA - Tuesday, Tuesday

Someone else - The website is changed, it's bringhaleighhome.com

GA - Oh, bringhaleighhome, It's been changed I'm sorry, I apologize for that. Tuesday, after my grandaughter's memorial. Dennis from Kidfinders will tell you I was ready to come up with Josh, but I needed to decompress that day. But I feel for this family, I, I feel for them.

Reporter - inaudible... things you were saying are very personal things, uh, can you talk about any of the things you said?

GA - No, because because what I said to him is between him and I. What I say to her is between her and I. What I said to other members of the family is between us... That's because it's in my heart.....

Evidently, They were asked to leave Haleigh's location this morning. No details or links sorry.

Seeing this in print really helps! Good job my one fingered friend! Thank you for posting this. I'm just the one to want to figure out why GA is so comfortable with these people. I cannot believe he is not aware of there past. I find it sad he might feel these are the only people he can reelate to! Hopefull the time spent at Halleighs search he was able to bond with other men that might set him straight. I don't want anyone enterfering in GA's recovery of strenghthning his backbone.

:silenced: This is my opinion only.

Anyone have any more info on why the Anthonys were asked to leave? I checked every local news site and could not find a thing. It also was mentioned on the 6 pm news here locally.

I also heard this earlier today, but have no link.

I am worried about George, though. This is the same week as Caylee's memorial, and just a couple of weeks since his breakdown. He hasn't had enough time to heal sufficiently to handle something like this, IMO.

i wonder if it was the family that asked them [KFN/George] to leave or LE?

Seeing this in print really helps! Good job my one fingered friend! Thank you for posting this. I'm just the one to want to figure out why GA is so comfortable with these people. I cannot believe he is not aware of there past. I find it sad he might feel these are the only people he can reelate to! Hopefull the time spent at Halleighs search he was able to bond with other men that might set him straight. I don't want anyone enterfering in GA's recovery of strenghthning his backbone.

They probably pay attention to him, build him up as someone important and necessary. Flattery and spin. Special. He's very vulnerable right now. Plus, they are not Cindy. Or Lee. Or the perp.

His remarks are painful to read.

Seeing this in print really helps! Good job my one fingered friend! Thank you for posting this. I'm just the one to want to figure out why GA is so comfortable with these people. I cannot believe he is not aware of there past. I find it sad he might feel these are the only people he can reelate to! snipped for space

I think George just bought into another Nigerian money scam.

The guy really seems to be easily lead into schemes, a symptom of his own lack of self esteem, I am guessing.

Part of me says "Hooray" for George for stepping in and trying to add something positive to the search from this little 5-year-old.
But the realistic part of me says George Anthony is not a good role model for a grandfather of a missing child. And, what needs to be done to organize or prepare others for finding a child.
I can't foget how George tried to ignore the smell of a dead body in the trunk of his daughter's car. And, that car was abanded and had to be recovered from a lot with no word from their daughter as to why it would be there. In my own insight, I see his double sided testimony (one story to the FBI and LE) and another for the press in front of his wife, as lacking responsibility for his granddaughter and a poor sense of truth. Much of his testimony to LE sounds phony to me - that he's hiding something or trying to avoid the real truth and what he knows.
I can't forget what I saw and heard from him on the Larry King Live show the evening before Caylee's remains were found. He lied!
I also think his sucuide attempt was a ploy to gather support for him and have LE ease up on him.
I don't recall him using the media coverage to plead with the people he believed had taken his granddaughter for her safe release.
George would be the last spokesman I would call upon when it comes to locating lost youngsters.
I am not concerned with what you all might think of how I view him. But, I think when LP claims there will be surprises when this case comes to trial, he's referring to Casey's dad George behavior.
jmo

Heard from a geologically distant relative that during lunch George ran his mouth and said things as though he was comparing Haleigh's disappearance to Caylee's murder, i.e. circle the wagons, stick together, be careful of LE, lawyer up, etc, and one of the gramp's told George they didn't need him there taking the focus off of finding Haleigh and that George needed to go home and get his own house in order.

Since I can't give up my source, just take it as gossip until it comes out. If I'm wrong, I was lied to. (wouldn't be the first time, lol)

Jay D - you're awesome, thank you so much for transcribing George's presser. :rose:

Hadn't noticed before that GA was speaking for KFN although I did see Milstead milling around in the background, I obviously wasn't paying attention LOL. Personally wish George would work with someone under less scrutiny...

In my opinion George is channeling his grief in a positive way. He is someone that understands what this family is going through, and it seems he just wants to help. Its a shame anyone would ask him to leave. He could be an excellent resource for Haleigh's family.

AZwriter, agree with you. Everything except the last line. Padilla seems to like and sympathize with George. I don't think he means George when he hints at things to "come out". I think it's Cindy and Lee. George may be involved as well, but Padilla would look at it as George just trailing along behind the rest as usual.

Heard from a geologically distant relative that during lunch George ran his mouth and said things as though he was comparing Haleigh's disappearance to Caylee's murder, i.e. circle the wagons, stick together, be careful of LE, lawyer up, etc, and one of the gramp's told George they didn't need him there taking the focus off of finding Haleigh and that George needed to go home and get his own house in order.

Since I can't give up my source, just take it as gossip until it comes out. If I'm wrong, I was lied to. (wouldn't be the first time, lol)

Oh, that's a shame if it should turn out to be accurate. I really thought Ga could do some good up there and maybe help himself a little, but not if he is going to turn it into another us against them. How disappointing.

if that's true then, yay for gramps...i wondered if part of the reason that haliegh's family cut ties with the media was partly due to george's influence. *shrugs*

Evidently, They were asked to leave Haleigh's location this morning. No details or links sorry.

I wish there were some verification of this. It would be most interesting to know who made the request and their reason for it. Also it would be very interesting to know George's personal reaction to this. I hope it would make him question the organization he has aligned himself with but I doubt he will do that.

But after George spoke on camera about Haleigh, the father and girlfriend hugged him tightly. While Haleigh's grandfather may have clearer vision, dad and the gf may have taken what George said to heart.

IF what you heard is true, then once again and even more intently, I say that the Anthonys are not suitable as advocates for missing children and their families. Except, perhaps, if they want to counsel a family in which a member killed the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back