Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
    Yep. "Physician, heal thyself." George seems like a good guy deep down, a little easily led perhaps, but decent and caring at the root of him. He could eventually be a good advocate for missing and murdered children and their families, but he needs to deal with his own pain, his own life and THE TRUTH of his own situation before taking on anyone else's.
    Bold by me.

Agree. (IMO) Before George can have credibility as a missing child advocate, he must face the truth of his own situation.

Quote Originally Posted by aksleuth View Post
    George requested donations in this video clip when he visited Haleigh's family.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18701735/index.html

He mentions Kid Finders and says "we got to get some donations coming in for this family" at about 1:37 on the clip.
    I think I missed something. What does the family need donations for? I haven't been able to find anything where the family asks for donations, or indicates that they have any monetary needs. The family has been pleading repeatedly for precious little Haleigh to be found. They seem consumed with desperation and sadness about Haleigh's plight, and just want her found. I have not even seen anything where they ask for donations to fund any search efforts such as TES, although I would certainly find that most appropriate.

Sooo... could someone tell me what I missed that George is calling for donations to the families? And out of curiosity, does anyone know why George is not calling for donations for the well documented reputable search efforts by TES?

TIA

Also, the previous post about how curious it is that George as a former LE would say the family shouldn't be scrutinized. After 10 years with a sheriff's department, he should know how important it is that the people immediately surrounding a missing child are *the* most important people to look at. I thought that basically everybody knew that.

Reaching out to help others is great way to heal for many people. Reaching out with the appearance of helping others to gain support for one's less than admirable agenda is just plain exploitative.

Has M Klaas been there to guide Haleigh's family? I know he can help them tremendously. He knows exactly what the family needs to do, and how to do it, and I can't think of a better resource. How about Beth Holloway? She's another parent in that 'unique club' who is extremely knowleable about these situations and would be a fantastic resource for Haleigh's family. Has she contacted them?

Again, TIA.

George Anthony will never be Mark Klaas

George Anthony is all about secrets. His family is all about secrets. Perhaps Cindy has convinced George that he could be another Mark K or John Walsh.
    At this time there is no psychiatrist foolish enough who would recommend to GA to become an advocate for missing children and if there is they should lose their license. The death of Caylee is still fresh in his mind and there is NO WAY that George could even think clearly because of the grief he holds in his heart for his granddaughter.
    He's bucking for a meltdown if he continues in the way he is going, pushing his grief on the back burner to not deal with it by focusing his time on others problems. Remember it hasn't been that long since he wanted to commit suicide.
    George Anthony is not a well man and for That Kid advocacy group and Cindy to use him for their personal and wealth gain is just wrong. Perhaps the advocacy group promised George Big Bucks if he became their spokesperson. Am I correct to say they Anthonys have no or little income coming in since Cindy is not working at this time and George is in no shape now to work and they are relying on the donations of others?
    George needs to stay home and get grounded, deal with his grief and heal so that he can prepare himself for Court when call up to the witness stand during KC's trial because thats going to be tough on him.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I think I missed something. What does the family need donations for? I haven't been able to find anything where the family asks for donations, or indicates that they have any monetary needs. The family has been pleading repeatedly for precious little Haleigh to be found. They seem consumed with desperation and sadness about Haleigh's plight, and just want her found. I have not even seen anything where they ask for donations to fund any search efforts such as TES, although I would certainly find that most appropriate.
    snipped for space

Donations are the way KFN survives. They ask for donations saying they are for the family, they obviously take their cut, what the percentage might be is anybody's guess.(95%?) Then, the sale of the t-shirts and bracelets etc, is just xtra money they make. KFN would like the public to believe they are doing things out of the goodness of their hearts when everything they do is just for their own benefit.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

Sooo... could someone tell me what I missed that George is calling for donations to the families? And out of curiosity, does anyone know why George is not calling for donations for the well documented reputable search efforts by TES?
    That's what I'd like to know. It's not reputable to just come out asking for donations and not being up front about what those donations are for, what organization they are going to, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    This is all going to come to a bad end, I predict. As if the Anthonys already didn't have enough "bad end" to experience still, with the coming trial of their daughter, collaborating with KFN is going to add more trouble to their lives. I feel eventually KFN will be caught in something fraudulent and George will be swept up in that.

I know many here feel pity for him and think he means well. Sometimes I am swayed that way for a bit, but in general, I do not trust him. He's just a little too... something... what? Too used car salesman sincere? I just know I cringe every time I hear him speak more than a sentence or two and double over when he brings up "donations." As someone else said, why does he immediately think the family of a missing child needs donations to pour in?
    I agree. I've said before I don't think he's a sweet, hapless bystander. But no matter what his intentions, IMO he's not a good spokesperson for this cause. Not right now anyway. He hasn't come to any kind of acceptance of what happened and who did it. The trial is still a way off. He's still in for a major amount of turmoil when THAT finally starts. Caylee's case is also still in the public eye, so anytime he appears anywhere to try to advocate for other missing children and their families, people are going to be distracted by thoughts of Casey, trunks smelling like "pizza," etc.

Right or wrong, I do think George was sincere in trying to help the family. I agree it's too soon for him to be "out there" though and it's a real shame he has affiliated himself with KFN.

When he was talking about not scrutinizing the family, I think he was referring to the media and people in general, not LE.

As for the donations...he knows this is going to cause a financial hardship for the family, maybe they aren't thinking about it right now, but how much work has Ron missed? Maybe he can take personal or vacation time, but maybe not. And isn't Bio-Mom staying in a hotel? If donations were being collected (by anybody but KFN) and put into a fund for the family, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
    I think GA really feels that helping missing children is his calling. It's his way of bringing something good out of losing the love of his life. There's nothing wrong with that. GA, speaking at Caylee's memorial, says:

"I’ve talked a lot about Caylee to many, many of you at our command center that we had, I miss that command center. But you know something, the command center needed to close at one time, and that was hard for me and it still is hard for me to drive by different places where we had our tent, our gray building where we held t shirts buttons wristbands and banners of not only of Caylee, but of other missing children. There are people here today that are family united and what that family united are: they’re missing their children right now and if there’s anything at all that any of us can ever do is to look for these children! There’s children out there that are missing, that need to be brought home, no matter what, no matter what."

His good intentions are being taken advantage of by KFN. The news of little Haleigh came out on the day of Caylee's memorial. KFN and, in particular, DM pounced on the opportunity to arrive on the scene and solicit donations. They knew GA would bring media attention and, hopefully, a lot of money. GA needs to step back and disassociate himself with this "network". That's the only way he'll be able to give of himself and help missing children in a truly honorable way. If he doesn't, he's setting himself up for heartbreak.

Why in the world would George feel that helping missing children was his new calling? He has no experience with a missing child whatsoever. Caylee was never missing. She was dead and his daughter never reported it and is still lying to this day.

I absolutely don't get this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by absolut_alexis View Post
    Cindy reported her granddaughter was missing in July. The grandparents didn't know she was dead. They thought she was missing.
    In my opinion they never experienced a "missing" child. They had uneasiness during the 31 days, for sure. The minute they got to the car at the tow yard they knew there was DEATH. There was no "missing" and they have nothing to contribute to frightened, distraught families in the midst of a desperate search.

If some choose to call their actions after day 31 denial that's a choice, but I don't think the facts bear this out.

Quote Originally Posted by zadari View Post
    i think ga just wanted to help .. i dont think he went to cause trouble he probably doesnt want to see that family make the mistakes he did .. and probably to get away from ca for awhile .. to feel like he has a purpose .. to find a reason to live .
    But it's not about HIM. It's about the needs of Haleigh's family. They cannot fix George. Thank god for this grandpa who told him to take a hike.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
    In my opinion they never experienced a "missing" child. They had uneasiness during the 31 days, for sure. The minute they got to the car at the tow yard they knew there was DEATH. There was no "missing" and they have nothing to contribute to frightened, distraught families in the midst of a desperate search.

If some choose to call their actions after day 31 denial that's a choice, but I don't think the facts bear this out.
    I feel that the Anthony family are now trying to appear main stream now that the trial is looming in the horizon. They know that public opinion is against them and they are trying to rehabilitate their image. Good Luck! Their daughter was never missing and they did not appear to be out looking for her when they said she was. The Anthony family will never have an ounce of credibility in establishing or being involved in a foundation raising funds for missing children. Marc Klass is a hero to those causes and took a polygraph test from the beginning. The
    Anthony's to this day continue to deny to the public that their daughter was involved.... how can you be an advocate for missing children when you do not stand up for your own little grandaughter??

I think George is with the wrong group. He should be a spokesman for a group that lost someone due to murder by a family member, not abduction. he knows way more along those lines!

I'm not sure if I feel his heart is in the right place or not....part of me does, part of me feels he is just trying to look good to the public, appeal to the jury pool somnce the trial will be coming up.

KFN definately should be shut down. I don't think they have ever really done anything helpful, just beg for money.

Personally, I don't think any of this is convoluted , mysterious,sinister or full of secret agendas.

I think George is trying to reach out to another family in crisis. Maybe his therapist told him to make himself useful through some constructive action that is near to his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Personally, I don't think any of this is convoluted , mysterious,sinister or full of secret agendas.

I think George is trying to reach out to another family in crisis. Maybe his therapist told him to make himself useful through some constructive action that is near to his heart.
    I think it would benefit him more to offer to help children/families who are alive and in trauma (medical, homeless, etc.). I believe they did mention this is one of their objectives. Perhaps staying away from the murdered and missing children would be more productive since people are not going to shy away from trying to keep KFN from preying on other families. He is in a lose/lose situation with KFN.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatchedcottage View Post
    I feel that the Anthony family are now trying to appear main stream now that the trial is looming in the horizon. They know that public opinion is against them and they are trying to rehabilitate their image. Good Luck! Their daughter was never missing and they did not appear to be out looking for her when they said she was. The Anthony family will never have an ounce of credibility in establishing or being involved in a foundation raising funds for missing children. Marc Klass is a hero to those causes and took a polygraph test from the beginning. The
    Anthony's to this day continue to deny to the public that their daughter was involved.... how can you be an advocate for missing children when you do not stand up for your own little grandaughter??
    I so agree. And I hope its true that this family will never have credibility. They've done nothing to deserve it. This jockying for position in the missing childrens field is extremely unseemly.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I think it would benefit him more to offer to help children/families who are alive and in trauma (medical, homeless, etc.). I believe they did mention this is one of their objectives. Perhaps staying away from the murdered and missing children would be more productive since people are not going to shy away from trying to keep KFN from preying on other families. He is in a lose/lose situation with KFN.
    I lurked on this thread until I could not stand it another second.

Respectfully, this is about cash. Donated cash and how to use it to pay for your personal living under the guise of a charity. The bilksteads are moving to Orlando in the next few months because they are being run out of their old hood by the people and police departments they hoodwinked.

I have had compassion for George following his breakdown, but since I know for a fact that he is aware of the donation issues regarding both the A's as well as KFN, on this subject, I say.. Dig deep for some dignity for your grandaughter already.

AND, to end my mini-wtf?, I say wait till this "union" files their tax returns this year... This will all look differently soon enough I predict, imo..

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast