CA CA/IA - What Do Michaela Joy Garecht & Johnny Gosch have in common ?

JaneInOz

Former Member
Reaction score
:eek:

I cant believe this , Im doing some googling and research into a few different cases and I happened across this and I am gobsmacked. Ive stopped doing what I was doing to post this
Im not mad am I ? Do you see what I see ?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/181dfca.html - the case of Michaela Joy Garecht
Abducted
Circumstances of Disappearance
Garecht was abducted by an unidentified White male on the parking lot of the Rainbow Market on Mission Boulevard in Hayward, California, which is about 10 miles south of Oakland.
Garecht had ridden her bicycle with a friend, the two blocks from her home to the store, at about 10:20 a.m. to buy some snacks.
After the two left the store and returned to their scooters, a man got out of a four-door gold or brown sedan and grabbed Michaela, a fourth-grader at Hillview Crest Elementary School, by the waist and forced her into the car.

The car the kidnapper was driving was described to police as a large, older model American-made Sedan, gold or tan in color, in ratty condition, and possibly with four-doors. The car may have had cement splattered on the sides, and lights set into the rear bumper. It was last seen speeding south on Mission Boulevard toward the nearby Union City border.
The kidnapping prompted a massive investigation. No arrests have been made, and Michaela has never been found.

The abductor is described as having long, dirty blonde hair; a slender build; and a pockmarked or pimpled face. He was approximately 18 - 24 years old at the time of Garecht's abduction. A sketch of her abductor is below:

Please look at the Doe Network link Ive provided above for the sketch of abductor

THEN

http://www.johnnygosch.com/

Johnny gosch's Mother writes

July 12, 2008 - NEW INFORMATION!

I have had the following composite drawing for some time and am releasing it now due to new information on Johnny's case. You will see one photo/composite is from 1982 the second is the same man approximately 10 years later. There is further information concerning this man which will be released at a later time.

Johnny Gosch Kidnapper Composite SketchThe second man involved in the kidnapping of Johnny Gosch, Sept. 5th, 1982. His name is Tony... He followed Johnny down the street shot Johnny with a stun gun and after he dropped to the ground, grabbed Johnny and threw him in the back seat of the kidnap car. The dark areas on his cheeks are "severe pock marks from acne scarring". This has been consistent in the description given by all witness's.

Johnny Gosch Composite Sketch Number 2 KidnapperThis is a updated version of Tony approximately ten years after Johnny's kidnapping, showing him with a different hairstyle. He is wanted in at least 4 other kidnappings and the children have never been found. The dark areas on his cheeks are "severe pock marks from acne scarring". This has been consistent in the description given by all witness's.

Michaela Joy Garecht
Missing since November 19, 1988 from Hayward, Alameda County, California.
Abducted 1988

Johnny Gosch kidnapped 9/5/82

But the 88 sketch is the same as the 82 sketch

What is going on ?

I am seeing what you are seeing..

here are the pics... I saved them to my photobucket....

Johnny Gosch POI
image001.jpg

I have followed Johnny's case for a long time..... I see this is 'new' information:
(I didn't post the second picture of this POI)
snipped from The Johnny Gosch foundation website:
http://www.johnnygosch.com/
July 12, 2008 - NEW INFORMATION!

I have had the following composite drawing for some time and am releasing it now due to new information on Johnny's case. You will see one photo/composite is from 1982 the second is the same man approximately 10 years later. There is further information concerning this man which will be released at a later time.

The second man involved in the kidnapping of Johnny Gosch, Sept. 5th, 1982. His name is Tony... He followed Johnny down the street shot Johnny with a stun gun and after he dropped to the ground, grabbed Johnny and threw him in the back seat of the kidnap car. The dark areas on his cheeks are "severe pock marks from acne scarring". This has been consistent in the description given by all witness's.

Here is the POI in Michaela Joy Garecht case:

181DFCA.jpg

See the decription is the SAME!

I know there is a HUGE "market" for children out there... but it is amazing this guy would travel that far .... makes you wonder how many others he took.....

GREAT catch by the way!

These look like the same guy to me.

GOOD CATCH!

Are you going to send this to LE?

One of the descriptions notes that he's wanted in the abduction of at least 4 other children. I've been trying to find the other names he's linked to, but so far no luck.

These look like the same guy to me.

GOOD CATCH!

Are you going to send this to LE?

Hi all

Im afraid that I cant - I havent a clue who to contact

Would someone Please do this ? Someone who lives in the USA and is used to doing submissions of things etc ?

This was me googling another couple of cases and going from one place to another to another to another and then I thought WAIT A MINUTE - I just saw that face earlier today

I have read up on the Johnny case before but before his mother posted that photo

Im stunned

I think that one of the other four cases she's talking about is Michaela's and that's where she got the pic. In her mind she's made a connection when there probably isn't one. I haven't been to Johnny's website for awhile, but is this one operated by his mother?

I have followed Johnny's case forever and FYI, his mom has linked everyone to Johnny's case. IMO, She's a very sad desperate case.

There's an explaination for the two pictures somewhere in the Johnny Gosch threads in the cold case forum. Sorry I'm unable to add a link due to computer problems. I know it's been discussed here already....

There's an explaination for the two pictures somewhere in the Johnny Gosch threads in the cold case forum. Sorry I'm unable to add a link due to computer problems. I know it's been discussed here already....

Can you find the thread and PM me where it is please

Thanks..

Suzi, so is the Johnny G case true or not ? Ive also followed it for a while because I was like OMG I cant believe this can happen and the mother was so intent and intense about everything and for such a very long time.

There is also this case Tara Leigh Calico

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calico_tara.html

There is this thread on WS about it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1003776#post1003776

This is also a scary and sad case, what makes it the most upsetting is that both Tara's parents have since died , although her Step father is still alive which would be nice if he could see it solved.

Johnny's mother used the picture of Michaela's kidnapper as a "new lead" in her sons case or something like that. I thought it was proven to be false.

Jane, IIRC, pretty near everything besides the actual abduction has been debunked. According the everyone in LE on up to the Feds that is. Also, the pics supposedly of Johnny being tied up was the latest and that was debunked as well.

ETA: So what's left is a conspiracy theory. I had to step away from the case because it was painful to watch Noreen. This poor lady needs closure...badly.

I just looked on the mother's Web site and I'm pretty sure the second picture is of Timothy Bindner, who was a suspect in Michaela's case and the cases of a few other California girls. I have the book about those cases, Stalemate, at home, and it has pictures of Michaela's alleged abductor and Bindner, because at the time LI thought they looked very similar. I will look at it tonight to confirm.

Dr. Doogie was doing some work on this case....I say ask him. The #4 thread hasn't been updated in a while...not sure if he's found out anything new or not.

Thanks for the updates everyone!

I have read alot about Johnny's case.... have always thought it was strange that mom (Noreen) would post and not "seem" upset over the photos of "HER" son..... IDK.... just my opinion...

I guess she's not upset because for one it was what, 25 years ago? And two, she seems to believe he is still alive, even says that he visited her once years ago. Now she thinks that he escaped from the "ring" but is in hiding or something and in fear for his life. I'm not sure what I feel about Noreen. The website that she set up is certainly disturbing but she sure does have alot of detractors. I tried to read our threads here, but there is too much bad feelings over there, conspiracy theorists, etc. It gets heated over there. But not Dr. Doogie, he always keeps his cool and he is one smart cookie! I respect and admire him.

Thats pretty freaky about those pictures though.

Hmmmmm

I have a lot spinning in my mind about this.

I am one who believes *some* conspiracy theories Or shall I put it this way I have a open mind
You would be suprised at what I Think about, put it this way enough to type something out and then delete it all , Just in case, just in case any of what is said is true in anyway, referring to various things ...

So the pictures are supposed to be fake ? Suzi Q ? as in who would take them ? or is that a real boy but not Johnny ?

I thought one of the other boys was confirmed in the photo of 3 ?

And yes BeavisMom I read also that he apparently escaped and saw her but went back in fear....

I was just shocked that there i was googling away and reading up on missing persons and saw a photo and then saw another photo some hours later of the SAME person as being an abductor.

That is VERY strange that those two pics are identical! I wonder if someone made a mistake somewhere or something?

What's weird, is I KNOW that I have been to both Noreen's site and also read about Michaela and had to have seen both pictures, but I obviously didn't see them on the same day. I have a bad memory but I would have remembered something like that!

So Beavis did The mum just pluck that guys sketched pic out of someone elses and use it :eek: is that what people are getting at ?

Or is this just a bizarre twist

wow, I have done alot of reading the past few days.....

I think Mom (Noreen) may have read up about this person and posted it on her site... just my opinion ..... this person is a POI in 4 or 5 other cases.....

Also, there is a picture of another boy on Noreens site... It says Unknown boy... I posted it in the un-id' section here.... but now I am not sure I should have..... I have looked at tons of missing boys from that time period, none match..... but it sounds like you are hinting maybe it is a hoax? WTH? why on earth would someone do that? maybe I just don't understand....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back