GA - Marc Stewart, 38, found shot to death, Duluth, 11 Feb 2009

angelmom

The love stays...forever in our hearts
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2009/02/15/missing_businessman_body.html

The body of Marc Stewart, a DeKalb County businessman missing for several days, has been found near Duluth, police said Sunday.

The body of Stewart, 38, of Stone Mountain was found inside a parked Ford Explorer...

Spellman said a passer-by discovered the body about 10:15 p.m. Saturday.

Stewart’s MySpace page shows he was president and chief executive officer of Island Coast Entertainment, a 10-year-old event planning company based in Atlanta.

Stewart’s wife...reported him missing to DeKalb County police...

Stewart was last seen leaving his home about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, driving his Ford Explorer.

Previous news:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content...tain_missing.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

His cellphone and credit card had been used since he was last seen.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content...tain_missing.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

Irregular charges on cc, texting on phone.

There certainly wasn't much information in either link. I guess it's just too early to speculate what might have happened. Since his cell phone and credit cards have been used it makes it sound like a robbery/murder.

Do you know if he was having any difficulties? Say financial problems or anything.

This sounds like a robbery gone bad. This is exactly what I am worried about with Atlanta right now. Too many people with no jobs and no hope of a job. Georgia is second in the nation with bank failures (6) and another 42 on the iffy block right now. Atlanta's strength has always been small business and lots of it. With that option gone the other options are downright scary.

I am afraid it is going to turn into a cowboy town especially since a lot of the fire departments are furloughed. One house in Snellville was burned twice recently.

Please, Atlantans, be careful out there and this means the burbs too. No longer is Alpharetta, Duluth, Roswell etc. the safe havens they once were.

This sounds like a robbery gone bad. This is exactly what I am worried about with Atlanta right now. Too many people with no jobs and no hope of a job. Georgia is second in the nation with bank failures (6) and another 42 on the iffy block right now. Atlanta's strength has always been small business and lots of it. With that option gone the other options are downright scary.

I am afraid it is going to turn into a cowboy town especially since a lot of the fire departments are furloughed. One house in Snellville was burned twice recently.

Please, Atlantans, be careful out there and this means the burbs too. No longer is Alpharetta, Duluth, Roswell etc. the safe havens they once were.

NO kidding! We have had 2 home invasions within a couple of miles of my house in recent weeks. Both in affluent areas, both in the middle of the night. Brazen break-ins and violence. It is scary.

NO kidding! We have had 2 home invasions within a couple of miles of my house in recent weeks. Both in affluent areas, both in the middle of the night. Brazen break-ins and violence. It is scary.

They are looking for durable goods that can be sold cheaply. Laptops, Ipods, any cash, and don't value what anyone has worked for. Be as plain as possible when out, no jewelry, no expensive coats and stay off your cell while driving. Do the Christmas thing and check under your car while at a mall or shopping center especially at night. Frankly, do your shopping in the daytime when there is a modicum of security around. Nighttime security is a farce for the most part.

Watch for people following your vehicle to see where you live. Keep the kids bikes and such away from the front of the house. Keep lights on at night. Of course,never open your door in the middle of the night and call 911 before you even take a breathe. Tell them it is a home intrusion even if you aren't sure. No heroics. Don't leave the garage door open while unloading groceries...close it. That is all I can think of right now but will add when I think of something else. Oops, don't sit in your car alone while the kids are at practice.

I also live within a few miles of those home invasions, and it has made me realize I need to be a lot more careful. I have always had a bad habit of leaving my front door unlocked when I go for a run or walk my dogs, but I am now locking it. And one of my neighbors leaves her garage door up all the time, and I told her she needs to leave it down now. Sad we can't be more trusting, but times are a changing.

Imo, the ones that are not invading the home are watching the home and wait to follow the person leaving the home. Then they waylay them to rob and then murder them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back