FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the new thread :clap:

:rose: Praying for little Haleigh.

Could Misty have had a guy over and Haleigh walked in on them?

Ok - about the church and K Johns and possible father Pastor Alfred Johns.

It was said that Haleigh was in the children's ministry. Could that be the link between KJ and Haleigh? IF the pastor is his father - do we know that for sure? Anyone? It would make sense that KJ would hang around the church and father would be trying to "save him" or "redeem him" from his "previous sins".

I would really like to know if LE are all over this - I would think there are local LE - lived there all their lives and KNOW, personally know, these people and whose father is whose son is married to whose mother. Wouldn't that info be shared behind closed doors of the command center?

Do they suspect this KJ - what has he said. Its his house that the bloodhound track makes a loop around.

Found this in media:

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- The search for Haleigh Cummings is continuing by foot and along the St. Johns River Sunday.

Crews from Equusearch were handling the bulk of the ground search.

At church services all around Satsuma people were praying for Haleigh's safe return.

Pastor Alfred Johns at the Satsuma First Baptist Church says the suffering of one family has devastated the whole community.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/news-article.aspx?storyid=131393&catid=4

Sounds to me like one of the guys who was over at the house earlier in the evening came back and got HC. The dad and the girlfriend swear the door was locked, and that a child couldn't unlock the deadbolt, but maybe that deadbolt was unlocked. HC probably let the guy(s) in because she recognized them, and she was taken.

Or, that cousin of Misty's that's supposedly a RSO, that lived there for a while.

Here's a thought. If Misty HERSELF went to bed at 10:30 and woke up around 3, thats 4.5 hrs of sleep. If something happened, she probably stayed up all night, I wonder how much she slept the next day. Did she crash hard, or what? Maybe thats why she went to her Moms, she knew they'd let her sleep allll day, and no one would bother her. Now, I know she must have needed rest because this has to be exhausting, but I could manage on 4.5 hrs much better than 0 hrs...

The Greta interview said that Ron and Misty had been living there for awhile. How long is awhile? Is she almost 18 or just barely 17 yo? Obviously her judgment is impaired by age, immaturity, and other unknown factors. What normal 17 yo would want to be holed up in a double-wide with a man and his kids? None of that makes either of them guilty of any wrong-doing to Haleigh, it just goes to her thought-process if she does know more than she is saying.

I brought this up this morning, my fiance noticed it and left it for me in a note full of questions about Haleigh.
In the Geraldo show last night, they showed a shot of the screen door to the trailer. There was what appeared to be a piece of rope around the handle on the screen door.
He questioned why this was and I do as well. WHo ties rope around a door handle? I could see it if they had a small dog, but from what I have heard, there are no pets at the house.
Did anyone else notice it or have any idea why it was there?
TIA.

The Greta interview said that Ron and Misty had been living there for awhile. How long is awhile? Is she almost 18 or just barely 17 yo? Obviously her judgment is impaired by age, immaturity, and other unknown factors. What normal 17 yo would want to be holed up in a double-wide with a man and his kids? None of that makes either of them guilty of any wrong-doing to Haleigh, it just goes to her thought-process if she does know more than she is saying.
RC and MC have been "dating" for 5 months - lived in THAT home for 4 months.

MC just turned 17 in Dec. 08.

I brought this up this morning, my fiance noticed it and left it for me in a note full of questions about Haleigh.
In the Geraldo show last night, they showed a shot of the screen door to the trailer. There was what appeared to be a piece of rope around the handle on the screen door.
He questioned why this was and I do as well. WHo ties rope around a door handle? I could see it if they had a small dog, but from what I have heard, there are no pets at the house.
TIA.

I have thought about it since your post this am. I have come up with 2 reasons that might make sense
1-to loop over a railing (do they have one?) to hold the door open
2-for the kids to be able to open it if they are too short to reach the handle (like if out playing and need to get inside to go potty).

What have you come up with?

TIA.
I saw that too - looked for it again today when you brought that up. That is the screen door to the front porch - which goes to the front door. I don't think that was the screen door that was propped open. The door on the side of the house has a screen door and a solid door together.

Hope that helps - that's what I saw.

I have thought about it since your post this am. I have come up with 2 reasons that might make sense
1-to loop over a railing (do they have one?) to hold the door open
2-for the kids to be able to open it if they are too short to reach the handle (like if out playing and need to get inside to go potty).

What have you come up with?

Honestly, not much. I have thought about it maybe being to hold the door shut if the latch is broken, so the door doesn't slam in the wind. I don't think I saw a railing and my fiance doesn't remember one either, but they only showed it for a second.
The other option that I have thought of is maybe at night, using the rope to tie one of the children outside. I don't know, it would have had to have been at night for something like that, which would have meant that Misty was doing it.
Even though I do think that whatever happened to Haleigh is at least partially Misty's fault, I hate to thin that she was capable of sustained cruelty.
So I am hoping that it's one of the simple explanations, like to hold the door shut or something that the prior tenants left that Ron and Misty never took off.

I saw that too - looked for it again today when you brought that up. That is the screen door to the front porch - which goes to the front door. I don't think that was the screen door that was propped open. The door on the side of the house has a screen door and a solid door together.

Hope that helps - that's what I saw.

I wasn't sure which door it was. But it struck him so odd and it was very odd to me too, once he got me thinking about it. He is very good at catching tiny little details.
I use my old man as my own video screening station.

RC and MC have been "dating" for 5 months - lived in THAT home for 4 months.

MC just turned 17 in Dec. 08.

Oh my. I'm sorry, I have a problem with this. And I am well aware that there are many teen moms who are good moms, but this girl is NOT the mother of these children and was NOT married to their father. She is not their stepmother but just shacked up with a dude who happens to have children. I really find it difficult to believe she had a meaningful connection with these babies after 5 months. Not saying she hurt Hayleigh herself, but I just don't see her having the experience or sincere desire to keep them safe and sound. JMHO.

TIA.

A long time ago my parent's lock on the screen door was broke and when we would get strong winds it would blow the screen door out and make it sometimes come off the hinges. We never used the front door until my neice started kindergarten, so my dad tied a rope from the handle on the screen door to the knob on the storm door, which kept is closed and wind proof. That could be a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee