Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    This woman is only suing for $50 million. In my opinion she's entitled to much more than that. The owner of the chimp claims it was one of her duties to help with the chimp and therefore is only entitled to workman's comp. This woman should be glad the victim is only asking for $50 million. If it had been my pet I would be so wracked with guilt that I would give this woman anything she asked for.

I saw a note at the Oprah site that asked if the victim should be a candidate for a face transplant. I wonder if that's been looked into?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

Wow, I had not heard that the owner now claims this woman WORKED with her and should only get workman's comp! OMG. You have got to be kidding me. How disgusting.

If I remember correctly, when this took place it was originally reported that the owner called this woman to come help her because she was a friend and the chimp supposedly liked her and responded to her.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyMama For This Useful Post:

I think it was on the abcnews.com link. The owner of the chimp said that it was a workers' comp issue. She owned a tow truck company and the victim worked for that company. She said she had occasionally been asked to go over and feed the chimp when the owner was out of town. She didn't like to do it because the chimp was huge and frightened her.

I'll see if I can find the exact words.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/victim-...9053544&page=3

The chimp's owner claims that Nash was her employee at the time of the attack and is entitled only to file a workman's compensation claim, which would greatly limit the amount of money she could receive.

Nash told Oprah that taking care of the ape was not part of her job and she was scared of even being around the animal.
    "I do remember going to feed him a couple of times," she said. "He was big and scary. He was huge."
    Last edited by lizzybeth; 11-11-2009 at 04:20 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

There is a story coming up on Opera in a few minutes about a chimp attack case. I believe it is this one.

This is going to be a very sad sad story, I don't know if I can watch it.

I am watching it right now... she is such a brave/strong woman. Her disfigurement is shocking, but her beautiful spirit eclipses all of it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I am watching it right now... she is such a brave/strong woman. Her disfigurement is shocking, but her beautiful spirit eclipses all of it.
    I agree,and just like Oprah,after a the initial shock,you see beyond her face and "see" the real woman. I pray to God,she can live an independent and fulfilling life.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hockeymom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    You and Hockeymom said it all. Very powerful story, but more importantly a very powerful woman in her own right.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Lawyers: Warnings Foresaw Berserk Chimpanzee

http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story/law...anzee-16934378

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Charla Nash Wins 4 Million From Owner of Chimp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...als-owner.html

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

It's something but still not enough for what this woman has suffered. Looking at the photos, even with the face transplant, she will never be the same. No hands, a bald patch on her head, and the loss of sight.

SMH

Chimpanzee attack victim Charla Nash denied permission to sue Connecticut for $150 million

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2WE5vxKDi

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

byo

"Charla Nash struggles to rebuild her life four years after chimp attack as she reveals that no one at her nursing home comes near her"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mp-attack.html

This is such a sad story because Charla essentially lost her life that day. No, she didn't die but the life she lived before is forever gone, along with her sight, her hands and ability to touch, the ability to be independent. She now lives in a place where she is is dependent on others for help and is basically cut off from the rest of the world.

I hate to hear that she is so lonely.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SwampMama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Chimpanzee attack victim Charla Nash denied permission to sue Connecticut for $150 million

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2WE5vxKDi

I do agree with the decision precluding her from during the state.
    She's trying to have that over turned. I wish her well in life, but it wasn't the state of Connecticut's fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

byo

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast