1111 users online (211 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Defense Team has not visited KC in 8 Days

http://www.wftv.com/news/18734025/detail.html

Jail records show Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not visited her for eight days, nor has anyone else from the defense team. That's the longest she's ever gone without seeing her defense attorneys since she was indicted four months ago.

I'm curious if the legal eagles might have some insight to offer as to why the defense team might have pulled back somewhat at this time.

I personally find this especially interesting as this means that no one from the defense team has visited KC since the day after Caylee's memorial.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post

Jail records show Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not visited her for eight days, nor has anyone else from the defense team. That's the longest she's ever gone without seeing her defense attorneys since she was indicted four months ago.

I'm curious if the legal eagles might have some insight to offer as to why the defense team might have pulled back somewhat at this time.

I personally find this especially interesting as this means that no one from the defense team has visited KC since the day after Caylee's memorial.

Thoughts?

I posted this in the "Visitors and Commissary" thread, but I wonder if the defense team has stopped spending SO much time (aka billable hours) with Casey since severing ties with the illustrious Todd Black and the generous "family from Connecticut" ??

I wonder if some recent events (publicly known or not) have jeopardized whatever funding arrangement seems to have been behind the defense machine for some time. Casey shopped like someone else was footing the bill (and they were) and I think her legal representation also looked like it was undertaken with the knowledge some deep pockets would be there in the end to pay for everything. Maybe the pockets have left the building?

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post

Thoughts?
    Wow, that is really interesting! I hope nothing's going wrong with the Team KC defense.

I'm not stalking you, I swear!
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
    Wow, that is really interesting! I hope nothing's going wrong with the Team KC defense.

Naaaah They probably just broke up..
    Fools take a knife and stab people in the back.
    The wise take a knife, cut the cord, & free
    themselves from the fools.

unknown

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!

Quote Originally Posted by nachomama View Post
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by nachomama View Post
    A mere tiff. KC made JB sick to his stomach, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by nancy botwin View Post
    I posted this in the "Visitors and Commissary" thread, but I wonder if the defense team has stopped spending SO much time (aka billable hours) with Casey since severing ties with the illustrious Todd Black and the generous "family from Connecticut" ??

I wonder if some recent events (publicly known or not) have jeopardized whatever funding arrangement seems to have been behind the defense machine for some time. Casey shopped like someone else was footing the bill (and they were) and I think her legal representation also looked like it was undertaken with the knowledge some deep pockets would be there in the end to pay for everything. Maybe the pockets have left the building?
    I hadn't made that connection, but that certainly is plausible, isn't it? Add to that JB's recent stomach issues, and I would imagine a king-sized headache, as well.

If the deep pockets have indeed left the building, let's keep a close eye on the number of D Team that appear on the MSM shows over the next few days after the release of the doc dump. Usually they appear en mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post

Stalk away - I've missed you guys. And this topic does interest me. Nancy had a great point about the deep pockets & TB, don't you think?

Maybe this is a sign that JB is leaving the building. Likely, he will blame the press and all of the hate mail being sent his way/death threats...being unpopular for taking on an unpopular client. JVM on HLN just said that his hospital visit was the result of acute anxiety brought on by stress. I have no doubt. That and like another poster suggested, that the deep pockets may have absconded as well...plus, the hideous vomit-inducing client that he has = he is probably planning his exit strategy. I know I would be.

sadyjade is offline "I'll follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt you"
    Perhaps this is just another form of denial on the KC front ... I mean maybe she is/has been pouting about not getting her way ie: Caylee's Remains. This was the ONLY time she has ever felt compelled to make a statement since her arrest, and it was the ONLY time Jose has obbliged. Me thinks they are simply at odds and she has been refusing his visits (witholding from) just as she has done with her family.

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Poor Casey.
    Nah, I got nothing (that won't get me at least a TO).
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

Maybe you're right. The money is drying up. Was JB in NYC during the memorial? Do you think the photographs were hawked for sale, but no takers?

This part of that news really stuck out with me, too. I'm sure there has to be some reason why the sudden distance between them. If I'm counting correctly, that would put his last visit to Casey on the day of the memorial. Hmmm.

I wonder how 'beautiful' is dealing with not having any visitors.

I bet Casey is fit to be tied. She shouldn't look at this in a negative light. She should look at the total isolation as a practice run for life in prison. I wouldn't wanna be JB though, she will probably rip him a new one. Ha Ha, she can't even call or text to see where the heck he is.

Maybe they're trying to knock-off a bunch of quick civil cases so they can collect $$ to pay some bills before the hearings start up again?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast