Defense Team has not visited KC in 8 Days

ThoughtElf

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/news/18734025/detail.html

Jail records show Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not visited her for eight days, nor has anyone else from the defense team. That's the longest she's ever gone without seeing her defense attorneys since she was indicted four months ago.

I'm curious if the legal eagles might have some insight to offer as to why the defense team might have pulled back somewhat at this time.

I personally find this especially interesting as this means that no one from the defense team has visited KC since the day after Caylee's memorial.

Thoughts?

Jail records show Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not visited her for eight days, nor has anyone else from the defense team. That's the longest she's ever gone without seeing her defense attorneys since she was indicted four months ago.

I'm curious if the legal eagles might have some insight to offer as to why the defense team might have pulled back somewhat at this time.

I personally find this especially interesting as this means that no one from the defense team has visited KC since the day after Caylee's memorial.

Thoughts?

I posted this in the "Visitors and Commissary" thread, but I wonder if the defense team has stopped spending SO much time (aka billable hours) with Casey since severing ties with the illustrious Todd Black and the generous "family from Connecticut" ??

I wonder if some recent events (publicly known or not) have jeopardized whatever funding arrangement seems to have been behind the defense machine for some time. Casey shopped like someone else was footing the bill (and they were) and I think her legal representation also looked like it was undertaken with the knowledge some deep pockets would be there in the end to pay for everything. Maybe the pockets have left the building?

Thoughts?

Wow, that is really interesting! I hope nothing's going wrong with the Team KC defense. :behindbar

I'm not stalking you, I swear! :crazy:

I posted this in the "Visitors and Commissary" thread, but I wonder if the defense team has stopped spending SO much time (aka billable hours) with Casey since severing ties with the illustrious Todd Black and the generous "family from Connecticut" ??

I wonder if some recent events (publicly known or not) have jeopardized whatever funding arrangement seems to have been behind the defense machine for some time. Casey shopped like someone else was footing the bill (and they were) and I think her legal representation also looked like it was undertaken with the knowledge some deep pockets would be there in the end to pay for everything. Maybe the pockets have left the building?

I hadn't made that connection, but that certainly is plausible, isn't it? Add to that JB's recent stomach issues, and I would imagine a king-sized headache, as well.

If the deep pockets have indeed left the building, let's keep a close eye on the number of D Team that appear on the MSM shows over the next few days after the release of the doc dump. Usually they appear en mass.

Wow, that is really interesting! I hope nothing's going wrong with the Team KC defense. :behindbar

I'm not stalking you, I swear! :crazy:

Stalk away - I've missed you guys. And this topic does interest me. Nancy had a great point about the deep pockets & TB, don't you think?

Maybe this is a sign that JB is leaving the building. Likely, he will blame the press and all of the hate mail being sent his way/death threats...being unpopular for taking on an unpopular client. JVM on HLN just said that his hospital visit was the result of acute anxiety brought on by stress. I have no doubt. That and like another poster suggested, that the deep pockets may have absconded as well...plus, the hideous vomit-inducing client that he has = he is probably planning his exit strategy. I know I would be.

Perhaps this is just another form of denial on the KC front ... I mean maybe she is/has been pouting about not getting her way ie: Caylee's Remains. This was the ONLY time she has ever felt compelled to make a statement since her arrest, and it was the ONLY time Jose has obbliged. Me thinks they are simply at odds and she has been refusing his visits (witholding from) just as she has done with her family.

Poor Casey.
Nah, I got nothing (that won't get me at least a TO). :boohoo: :boohoo:

Maybe you're right. The money is drying up. Was JB in NYC during the memorial? Do you think the photographs were hawked for sale, but no takers?

This part of that news really stuck out with me, too. I'm sure there has to be some reason why the sudden distance between them. If I'm counting correctly, that would put his last visit to Casey on the day of the memorial. Hmmm.

I wonder how 'beautiful' is dealing with not having any visitors.

:woohoo: I bet Casey is fit to be tied. She shouldn't look at this in a negative light. She should look at the total isolation as a practice run for life in prison. I wouldn't wanna be JB though, she will probably rip him a new one. Ha Ha, she can't even call or text to see where the heck he is. :clap::behindbar:behindbar

Maybe they're trying to knock-off a bunch of quick civil cases so they can collect $$ to pay some bills before the hearings start up again?

I was very surprised to see that KC had not had any visitors in 8 days! Does anyone know whether the "JB law firm" is handling any other cases?? Possibly any that will be paying their fees in cash? I can't imagine KC sitting in her cell quietly without her lawyer to "console" her!

:woohoo: I bet Casey is fit to be tied. She shouldn't look at this in a negative light. She should look at the total isolation as a practice run for life in prison. I wouldn't wanna be JB though, she will probably rip him a new one. Ha Ha, she can't even call or text to see where the heck he is. :clap::behindbar:behindbar

:floorlaugh:

I hadn't made that connection, but that certainly is plausible, isn't it? Add to that JB's recent stomach issues, and I would imagine a king-sized headache, as well.

If the deep pockets have indeed left the building, let's keep a close eye on the number of D Team that appear on the MSM shows over the next few days after the release of the doc dump. Usually they appear en mass.

I think they'll probably still be on the tv shows-- unless the new media advisor tells them to adopt a new strategy. But I do think the attys from the Baez law firm have seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time at the jail with Casey. Who on earth can afford to pay 200-400$ an hour just to watch youtubed Nancy Grace episodes with their lawyer? It seems like a lot of Casey's atty visits were occurring during critical times (george's hospitalization/the memorial/late at night, etc.) and to me, it looked more like Buddy Time/Babysitting Casey than standard atty/client meetings for the purpose of trial preparation.

If the new docs have info that was distressing enough to send JB to the hospital, now is the time they should be meeting and working hard on the case-- more than ever. If JB is disgusted or personally alarmed by new revelations, I don't think he'd stop visiting her for trial prep. And if he's too sick to visit, you'd think the other lawyers from his firm (who also visited Casey a LOT) would still be visiting during JB's illness.

To me, it's either a $ thing or Casey is pouting and refusing visits for whatever reason?

Could he be trying to make casey so angry she insists on different counsel? Can she do this and wouldn't this be an easy exit for him?

This part of that news really stuck out with me, too. I'm sure there has to be some reason why the sudden distance between them. If I'm counting correctly, that would put his last visit to Casey on the day of the memorial. Hmmm.

I wonder how 'beautiful' is dealing with not having any visitors.
I read in the Astrology thread that she was throwing Cheetos and Toast at the bars of her cell...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back