The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

Haleigh Cummings 911 call transcript

911: "911, what's your emergency"

Misty Croslin: "Hi...umm...I just woke up...and our backdoor was wide open and I think...and I can't find our daughter"

911: "you can't find what?"

Misty Croslin:"our daughter"

911:" OK, what's your address?

Misty Croslin: "(inaudible)"

911: "OK, what's the numerical?"

Misty Croslin: "The numerical...what's that?"

911: "the number...green lane?"

Misty Croslin: "Yes"

911: "OK when did you last see her?"

Misty Croslin: "Um, we like just, you know...it was about 10 o'clock- she was sleeping- I was cleaning...

911: "OK- how old is your daughter?"

Misty Croslin: "She's five"

911: "Ok...what was she last seen wearing? Maam..."

Misty Croslin: "She was in her pajamas- she was sleeping..."

911: "OK...alright...You said your back door was wide open?"

Misty Croslin: "yes- it was bricked- there was a brick on the floor...when I was asleep it was not like that."

911: Ok...the back door...listen to me...your back door was wide open...what are you talking about a brick?"

911: "what is a brick?"

Misty Croslin: "it's almost like-- on the stairs- we have a walkway..."

911:" uh huh....and there was a brick laying there?"

Misty Croslin: "yes...it's still there"

(background) tell them they've better come on...

911: "we've got em coming- tell him we've got them coming"

Misty Croslin: "they're coming"

911: "Ok what's the color of your house ma'am?

Misty Croslin: "blue"

911: "blue, OK
(pause)

OK- what does she look like? How tall is she? Give me some description of her."

Misty Croslin: "How tall she she? Like long hair like curly...with curls..

911: "long curls...what color?"

911:" ok- what color hair? Brown hair?"

Misty Croslin: "Yes...oh my gosh...."

911: "OK- how tall is she about? Or how much does she weigh...do you know that?"

Misty Croslin: "huh?"

911: "about how tall or how much she weigh?"

Misty Croslin: "24 sounds about right- I don't know- she's not that tall...."

911: "OK-wait- tell your husband we've got them coming, ok?"

Misty Croslin: "OK"

911: "How much does she weigh- do you know?"

Misty Croslin: "huh?"

911: "How much does she weigh?"

Misty Croslin: "um...like 40-50 pounds- 60 pounds?

911: "40-60 pounds?"

Misty Croslin: "yeah"

911: "OK- let me get your name and phone number. Spell your last name...

spell your last name?

Was your back door locked do you know?"

Misty Croslin: "Yes...(inaudible)"

Ronald Cummings: "Man, I need somebody to get here now!"

911: "OK, let me speak to him..."

Ronald Cummings: "I just got home from work, my five-year-old daughter is gone- I need someone here now."

911: "OK, listen to me...listen to me...we've got two officers..."

Ronald Cummings: "if I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing them...I don't care- I will spend the rest of my life in prison....you can put that on the recording...I don't care."

911: "It's OK sir, we've got them on the way...ok- can you give me...what kind of description of pajamas was she wearing? "

Ronald Cummings: "I don't f%$ know!"

Cummings:" Hello"

911:" OK sir let me just talk to your wife. Let me get some information from her. "

Misty: (inaudible) crying. "I don't wanna…(inaudible)"

911: "Can I talk to her? OK"

Misty: "inaudible"

Cummings: (inaudible, in background ) "Where my daughter at?"

911:" Ma'am. OK listen I need you to answer some questions. Does the door look like it was pried open?"

Misty:" Umm… (inaudible)"

911: "Does it look like you had to sorta…like someone tried to enter your house."

Misty: "Umm. Hold On."

911:" And another thing, make sure you and your husband don't touch the door anymore. Don't mess with the door or anything. "

Misty: "No it doesn't. "

911: "it doesn't look like it is?"

Misty: "No"

911: "Ok, now listen, tell your husband, do not touch anything- because we are going to get a k-9 out there"

Misty: "ok....she said don't touch anything because they are bringing a k-9 out here"

Ronald Cummings: "they better bring f'ing something out here- because if I get my hands on that mother f'er I'm going to kill him...I don't give a f%*)@# about prison...mother F'ing prison doesn't scare me."

911:" ok, we understand- we've got them on the way

What's her name...{redacted}...how do you spell her first name...{redacted}...what's her middle name? ...{redacted}. And the spelling of the last name is? ...{redacted}."

Misty: "well, that's my last name"

911: "What's her date of birth?

Ronald Cummings: "i'm going to f'ing kill somebody"

911:"Tell him we understand- we need to get her date of birth."

Misty: "what's her date of birth?"

Ronald Cummings: "F her date of birth- we need to find her- f her date of birth."

911: " Ok Listen to me, I'm getting this information- I'm not the officer driving out there ok? - they are coming out there to handle that situation. I need to gather all the information from you over the phone...it has nothing to do with me driving out there...ok? They are coming out there...ok?"

Misty: "ok"

911: "ok, I'm going to stay on the phone with you ok? Until they get there...ok?"

Misty: "ok"

(backgroud noise)

911: "tell him we've got them coming, he's got to calm down a little bit. The officers are going to come out there and do what they can. We can't have him screaming and yelling at the officers whenever they get there ok?"

Misty:" Uh huh..."

Ronald Cummings: "where is my f'ing phone...we've got better people to talk to then some mother f'ers who ain't coming."

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2009/2/12/haleigh_911_transcript_part_1.html
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2009/2/12/haleigh_911_transcript_part_2.html

Thought this might help.

As I posted in another thread , i found it odd that she said I cant find our daughter.
But then in other interviews she said would say things like "id never hurt those kids"

So On one hand she is personalizing it and on the other she is distancing herself.

The other thing was of course the 10pm and the cleaning thing...

Then there is the anger from the father and the whole where is my phone...

They are the things that jumped out at me the most

Damn the uncut one is different (slightly)

:eek:

not long after the part about Green Lane the operator says when did you last see her
Misty says about 10oclock that she as in Haleigh was sleeping and She as in Misty was cleaning..
The operator asks what she was wearing as in Haleigh and Misty says

Side issue here......but also I hear a person in the background which sounds like *note*

Then Misty says pyjamas WE WERE SLEEPING

I thought she was cleaning !!!!

Dunno what to think/say,don't know so much about this case yet,
but the dad sounds a bit....theatrical,I mean the language and stuff

and how old is his gf?17?....dunno,guess we'll have to wait to see more.....

Ronald Cummings: "they better bring f'ing something out here- because if I get my hands on that mother f'er I'm going to kill him...I don't give a f%*)@# about prison...mother F'ing prison doesn't scare me."

--

---

Ronald Cummings: "F her date of birth- we need to find her- f her date of birth."

Mmm,well..........:waitasec:

Dunno what to think/say,don't know so much about this case yet,
but the dad sounds a bit....theatrical,I mean the language and stuff

and how old is his gf?17?....dunno,guess we'll have to wait to see more.....

It doesnt surprise me his language is the way it is. He just found out his daughter was missing I highly doubt he care what words he was using:) Just saying:)

It doesnt surprise me his language is the way it is. He just found out his daughter was missing I highly doubt he care what words he was using:) Just saying:)

Yeah I know that:)
Okay forget the language,was just watching the interview
http://www.news4jax.com/video/18684460/index.html

Gotta admit I believe her so far,not sure about him though,at least she has tears in her eyes when she cries.

--

---

Mmm,well..........:waitasec:

If he was what some refer to as a snitch for LE I dont think his behavior is werid. Im sure if he did rat on someone and they did time that would be his first thought. That someone wanted their revenge:)

What gets me about the 911 call and a couple of other interviews is how Ron goes from incoherent babbling to speaking fine instantly. That is not real. He slips in and out of it way too easily. It's like it screams "guy trying to fake crying". Just mooooooooo

What gets me about the 911 call and a couple of other interviews is how Ron goes from incoherent babbling to speaking fine instantly. That is not real. He slips in and out of it way too easily. It's like it screams "guy trying to fake crying". Just mooooooooo

Thank you:)
My sentiments exactly.

I don't see this in the above transcript of the 911 call but on one of the shows (news, I think) they played background of the 911 of RC that I hadn't heard before, he was saying to MC "B$%&h how could you let someone steal my daughter?" and the pain in his voice...it was sincere sounding. Also in the past couple of days, watching him talk about his duaghter, I broke down crying listening/watching him, I definately "felt" his pain. I don't think he had a thing to do with this. JMHO If I can find a link to what I'm talking about I'll bring it over.

me too - on the 911 call he is mumbling and whining while on the phone with the 911 operator, then two seconds later when Misty takes the phone he's like "... blah blah blah!" just completely not crying or sounding sad at all.

this flipping from complete devastation to anger to confusion is just off the charts hokey to me. its more what I don't hear that bothers me mostly though.
Nobody screaming for her or running from room to room or outside - no rechecking closets and other areas Misty may have already checked - no little brother crying in the background. I don't hear him shouting questions to her, like where did you see her last, was anyone here tonight, or Misty what the hell happened????? Mostly I don't hear anyone shouting her name.

Just to add to that thought - if there are two people and one is calling 911 - wouldn't the other be doing something?? like yelling her name outside or grabbing a flashlight or turning headlights on and pointing it twords the back yard or SOMETHING - not standing there calling the other person an f'n beotch

This call is bizarre. She doesn't know how tall or how much Haleigh weighs? Even if she's not your child, you can make a good judgement about that. The constant mumbling and "I don't knows" is weird. Why didn't she immediately say "it's my boyfriend's child, not mine" and why not correct them about not being his wife?

It sounds as though she is making things up as she goes along and is being deceitful. I'll have to read over this again. Too weird.

I totally agree..I was also wondering why if she was FINALLY calling 911, and he supposedly just got home..why in the heck wasnt he running around outside screaming her name..running back into the woods. I also got that first impression of his fake crying. He was just being a little over the top about cussing that poor 911 operator out. I dont believe anyone..and that includes the birth mother too.:snooty:

Misty says Haleigh is wearing pajamas, but she doesn't describe them.

Misty sounds confused, and the more RC angers, the more confused, and scared Misty gets.

She also says she "doesn't wanna" talk to the 911 operator which makes me think of another female (that we aren't suppose to mention) who didn't wanna talk to 911, and phone is shoved in their face forcing them to. jmo

As I posted in another thread , i found it odd that she said I cant find our daughter.
But then in other interviews she said would say things like "id never hurt those kids"

So On one hand she is personalizing it and on the other she is distancing herself.

The other thing was of course the 10pm and the cleaning thing...

Then there is the anger from the father and the whole where is my phone...

They are the things that jumped out at me the most

To offer another side.....

I NEVER find it odd when people in these cases say things like, "that child" or "those kids". It's exactly the way I speak of people / children that I love and care for deeply. I often say of my hubby, "God, I love that man."

Also, if my hubber thought that someone had harmed one of our (not yet born!) kids, he would sound like a wounded sailor also. Not saying it would be his finest hour, but it definitely would not be for children's ears!

To offer another side.....

I NEVER find it odd when people in these cases say things like, "that child" or "those kids". It's exactly the way I speak of people / children that I love and care for deeply. I often say of my hubby, "God, I love that man."

Also, if my hubber thought that someone had harmed one of our (not yet born!) kids, he would sound like a wounded sailor also. Not saying it would be his finest hour, but it definitely would not be for children's ears!

I don't know, his behavior during this call sounds very immature. I can understand being hysterical, just coming home from work, but he refers instantly to "killing that m.f-er" and threatening to shoot him right through the windows of the patrol car. I don't believe he was very rational in the beginning. And Misty just was not any help at all, couldn't give sensible answers to sensible questions. It almost sounds fake to me, but I try to visualize how I might have reacted at that young age, and I can't imagine being calm or rational myself.

Between fear, confusion and shock, I can't hold Ron's reaction against him. So he cusses a lot. You should hear me when the kids are in bed on just a normal day.
If F-bombs were real bombs, my home would be rubble.
His language doesn't bother me, not even the comments directed at Misty. I give him points for the incredible self control that it must have taken not to grab her and shake or slap an answer out of her.
I believe if Ron were really that violent, he would have beaten her throughout that entire call. An abuser under that much stress would abuse, immediately, with no thought to consequences.

I just can't understand the discrepancies, "I was cleaning" "We were sleeping." "my daughter", not bothering to correct the 911 operator. There have been three year olds that have called 911 and been able to understand the importance of giving their address and the situation clearly.
I try not to read too much into the fact that she was not able to give an accurate description. I'm giving Misty as much benefit of the doubt as I can. If I wasn't the one taking my kids to the doctor, I'm not sure that I could pin down their weights and heights either. I could probably get closer than a 20 lb estimate, but then again my kids were actually born to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back