Former Tenant talks about Haleigh's Trailer

darlin gal

Reaction score
SATSUMA, FL -- The floor creeks, the back door sticks and makes a scraping noise, and you can feel other people walking in the house.

That's how Dr. Jessie Smallwood describes the mobile home where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared.

Smallwood lived in it nearly a decade ago.

When we called him this morning -- 1 week since Haleigh was reported missing -- Smallwood says it "shocked" him and "chilled" him to know his old home is now at the center of a massive search that's made national headlines.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131566&catid=295

<snipped from another article>
Smallwood remembered the house and said its floors were noisy. He said if someone was walking inside, he could hear them even if they were on the other side of the house.

"Someone could not carry the child out of that house unless someone was in a drunken stupor, and not hear that child being taken from that house," Smallwood said.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131562&catid=295

This confirms my suspicion that the GF was either in a stupor (drugs / alcohol) or absent.

From the beginning, many of us have believed she left the house. I still think that scenerio is the most logical.

What I don't understand about the home is this...

I read in a comment from the landlord that Ronald had lived in a different trailer, next to him, before he moved into this one. The landlord then indicated that Ronald expressed interest in getting another trailer, so each of the kids could have their own rooms, so the landlord rented THIS trailer (the current one, from which Haleigh disappeared) to the family.

Well, here's my question: If Ronald and family specifically moved into this trailer so each of the kids could have their own room, then WHY is everyone sleeping in one room? I heard tonight on NG that a toddler bed was in Master bedroom, too. She also indicated that one of the rooms was used as a playroom. Wouldn't that leave one extra room? I wonder what was in it, that they could each have their own rooms, if this is why they specifically moved?

Thoughts?

I read in a comment from the landlord that Ronald had lived in a different trailer, next to him, before he moved into this one. The landlord then indicated that Ronald expressed interest in getting another trailer, so each of the kids could have their own rooms, so the landlord rented THIS trailer (the current one, from which Haleigh disappeared) to the family.

Well, here's my question: If Ronald and family specifically moved into this trailer so each of the kids could have their own room, then WHY is everyone sleeping in one room? I heard tonight on NG that a toddler bed was in Master bedroom, too. She also indicated that one of the rooms was used as a playroom. Wouldn't that leave one extra room? I wonder what was in it, that they could each have their own rooms, if this is why they specifically moved?

Thoughts?

The kids do have their own rooms. I am betting they were having a a hard time adjusting to sleeping alone. Especially if the trailer was as dark as what Dr. Smallwood said it was.

They said the kids were afraid of the dark. Perhaps they were scared to sleep in their own room or they slept in the room with Misty on the nights daddy was working.

This confirms my suspicion that the GF was either in a stupor (drugs / alcohol) or absent.
I absolutely agree. I'm so glad Rev. Smallwood has come forward with this valuable information about the house. :clap:

Smallwood described the master bedroom where he things they were sleeping. He says there was a garden tub in the corner. What the heck is a garden tub? Is there no connected master bath for the room?

Smallwood described the master bedroom where he things they were sleeping. He says there was a garden tub in the corner. What the heck is a garden tub? Is there no connected master bath for the room?

I used to live in a double-wide that had what they called a "garden" tub. It was my favorite part of the house - not any longer than a standard tub, but deeper and more oval in shape - SUPER comfy. :)

Edit: At least at my old place, this was in a bathroom that was attached to the master bedroom, it should be noted.

The kids do have their own rooms. I am betting they were having a a hard time adjusting to sleeping alone. Especially if the trailer was as dark as what Dr. Smallwood said it was.

They said the kids were afraid of the dark. Perhaps they were scared to sleep in their own room or they slept in the room with Misty on the nights daddy was working.

Okay, thank you. I haven't seen this stated anywhere. I just heard the Grandma say tonight that the toddler bed was in the master bedroom. Do you know, off the top of your head, when exactly they moved to this particular trailer? I thought I read 4 weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it anywhere...or the landlord's name....

thanks

Thoughts?
Id bet everyone is sleeping in one room b/c there is a TV in there. I'd say one in living room, one in bedroom. who knows. Maybe Haleigh and Ron are scared to sleep alone, especially when daddys not home..

So, if a garden tub is in the corner there must also be a sink and toilet. A bathroom. Surely not just a tub out in the open in the corner of the bedroom.

I didn't quite understand that either unless he was talking about the master bathroom! :waitasec:

Definately a master bath, Id bet money. The mobile home would have a master bath if they would go to the expense of having a garden tub. It may mean there is a shower also. My master has garden tub, shower, and double sinks....But I am in a home, not trailer...I dont see a bathtub in the corner of a bedroom..

Even 20-year-old 2-bedroom mobile homes have master baths.

Updated list of the Bards rental:

102 Hoover Lane
William Brown & Holly Hancock

104 Hoover Lane
can't find any current name

200 Monroe Ave
Kevin L Prestrude
Could be where Ron C rented from Aug 2008-Nov 2008

201 Monroe Av e
Donald Bard appears to be the Bard residence even if they do not stay there full time or this was previous rented out and they are now living there full time.

212 Monroe Av
Kyle Johns RSO & Ricky R. Fodor [do we know when Johns got out of jail?]

103 Buchanan Cir
can't find any current name
We think that Ron C. live here from Aug 2008 &#8211;Nov 2008

202 Green Lane
Rev Jesse Smallwood 2001-2002 approximate
Waldon Parson aka Jeffery Lane RSO previous tenant moved out Nov 2008
Ron C moved in Nov 2008

The Bards, Donald and Phyllis have an address listed in Needmore Pa and 201 Monroe Ave.

EDIT New Information:

"Satsuma Apartments For Rent, Satsuma Houses For Rent, Satsuma ...Rent: $650.00 (Monthly). Deposit: $650.00. Date Available: 15-Oct-2008. Address: 202 Green Lane Satsuma Florida 32189. Lease Terms: 1 Year ..."

If someone had gone through the woods around the house wouldn't they have broken down branches and left a trail going through all that dense underbrush?

This confirms my suspicious too.........she either wasn't there, or incapacitated on drugs.

Rev Smallwood also said"

He had an extra lock installed on the back door.
You can park down under the trees and no one would see you.

Reverand Smallwood also described the master bedroom as being small. I thought I heard him say 10ft by 10ft. He said he had a queen-sized bed and it was difficult walking around it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back