1394 users online (315 members and 1079 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

WI - Boy's Essay Leads To Dad's Child Abuse Charge

OREGON, Wis. — A father allegedly shot his 9-year-old son in the buttocks with a BB gun, a revelation that came to light after the boy wrote a school essay about the incident.
    The essay referred to the "painful afternoon my Dad shot me with a BB gun." The boy wrote that his mother could hear him scream from the road, and called the experience "the most painful thing I ever felt in my life."
    The elementary-school teacher turned the essay over to Dane County investigators.
    David J. Peschl, 36, was charged Friday with one felony count of child abuse. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 6 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,494945,00.html

That is crazy the Father says he was "PLaying around" when he did it

If this is his idea of PLAYING, then what would a punishment be???

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    That is crazy the Father says he was "PLaying around" when he did it

If this is his idea of PLAYING, then what would a punishment be???
    And did you read further down in the article that he was previously charged with child abuse in 2005??? This guy should never be let out! Embellished my *ss!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

I say let's up the game and shoot the dad in the butt with a 22.

I agree SuziQ, I say let's game up though and shoot dad in the buttocks with a shotgun packed with rock salt. For that extra sting.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    And did you read further down in the article that he was previously charged with child abuse in 2005??? This guy should never be let out! Embellished my *ss!!!...
    Linask..A Sadist is what comes to mind...

Quote: Sadism is the derivation of pleasure as a result of inflicting pain or watching pain inflicted on others.

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    And did you read further down in the article that he was previously charged with child abuse in 2005??? This guy should never be let out! Embellished my *ss!!!
    I agree with you, i hope he gets the max. This isn't his first charge, it's his second. Most likely there is a whole bunch more stuff he never got caught or charged for. Thank God for creative writing in schools..

And the fact that the mother did nothing when she could hear him screaming makes it even worse. I hope he has other family that truly loves him and takes him in.
    Happy New Years

I feel terrible for the boy. Most likely, he wrote the essay having no idea what it would put in motion. Now his father is being charged. Even if no one else in his family is blaming him, he is certianly blaming himself. I've known enough children, of all ages, in similar situations that beat themselves up for "turning in" a parent, whether they mean to or not. I hope that the child receives counseling and a lot of love.

He has the gall to accuse the TEACHER of trying to EMBELLISH the story for the kid???

That kid's teacher cares more about him than his own father.
    "It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."

- Mark Twain