Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

No sleuthing of minors!

The rule at WS is that the sleuthing of minors is not allowed. If you suspect a minor is a perpetrator of a crime, you may not post about your sleuthing of him/her.

Warnings and timeouts will be given for posts that include sleuthing of a minor.

Thanks,

Hoppy
    mod
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here

Thanks to JBean

Threadiquette

Name Variations and Name calling
    Please do not alter the names of anyone discussed in this case, except appropriate abbreviations.Derogatory name changes, or any kind of name change is not acceptable.
    Name calling is not allowed.

If you have any questions about what is ok to post, please ask, you can check at the bottom of the page for a Mod on this particlular forum, we are all happy to help out and answer your questions. Glad to have you all here!!!
    Last edited by imamaze; 10-30-2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: edited to add name calling rules

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

The only thing I dislike about Websleuths is the (occasional) personal attacks, unnecessary sarcasm and "my opinion means more than yours does" vibe. Wow. Other than that, no other site out there will analyze a case and get to the bottom of it like Websleuths does!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePhantom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    The only thing I dislike about Websleuths is the (occasional) personal attacks, unnecessary sarcasm and "my opinion means more than yours does" vibe. Wow. Other than that, no other site out there will analyze a case and get to the bottom of it like Websleuths does!
    Hi ThePhantom,

None of that is allowed on Websleuths, please if you see or read something like that alert us to it by clicking on the triangle at the top right corner. We don't always get to see everything posted so if you see something against TOS, please alert us to it. Thank you!! Thanks too for the compliment, I agree our members are the best at getting to the bottom of a case!!!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

Question about posting info in the PL.

Is it okay to post LE related info in the PL if it has not been verified by the media, or if there is not a link to a media outlet online?
    Thanks.
    JustToSeeYouSmile

Quote Originally Posted by JustToSeeYouSmile View Post
    Is it okay to post LE related info in the PL if it has not been verified by the media, or if there is not a link to a media outlet online?
    Thanks.
    JustToSeeYouSmile
    Posts in the Parking Lot are approved by the Mod Squad up front. If you have some information that you believe could qualify for private forum discussion, please contact a moderator.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

P. S. It is best to contact the mod that is familiar with the case and is the moderator for that specific forum already. Thanks!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    P. S. It is best to contact the mod that is familiar with the case and is the moderator for that specific forum already. Thanks!
    Thanks Kimster. Is there a way to know which mod is in that specific forum? Is there a list somewhere?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JustToSeeYouSmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks Kimster. Is there a way to know which mod is in that specific forum? Is there a list somewhere?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php

It is listed as "View Forum Leaders" at the bottom of most WS pages.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php

It is listed as "View Forum Leaders" at the bottom of most WS pages.
    Kimster, thanks and forgive me for being an idiot- I see the section marked 'view forum leaders' or whatever, but is that what you are talking about? Thanks.
    Sorry- I mean, how would I know which was the appropriate one to contact?
    Last edited by JustToSeeYouSmile; 03-04-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: stupidity

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JustToSeeYouSmile For This Useful Post:

Kimster, thanks and forgive me for being an idiot- I see the section marked 'view forum leaders' or whatever, but is that what you are talking about? Thanks.
    Sorry- I mean, how would I know which was the appropriate one to contact?
    Hi JustToSeeYouSmile

Yes, that is what Kimster is talking about, when you click on 'View Forum Leaders' it will show you all the Mods and Administrators and which forums they Mod.

ps... Its a very good question!!! I'll bet lots of people want to know this and was afraid to ask, lollol.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Hi JustToSeeYouSmile

Yes, that is what Kimster is talking about, when you click on 'View Forum Leaders' it will show you all the Mods and Administrators and which forums they Mod.

ps... Its a very good question!!! I'll bet lots of people want to know this and was afraid to ask, lollol.
    Thanks imamaze... I'll try and make sure I ask the right questions of the right folks.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JustToSeeYouSmile For This Useful Post:

What causes one to be placed on "time out," and is there a standard amount of time to be on "time out," or is it determined on a case by case basis?

Is it allowed for minors who have been identified as suspects or POI by the police or is discussing them off limits too?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast