694 users online (89 members and 605 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    New here. There's a case of a missing person from (wow) a year ago now. I didn't realize that long had passed. But, I didn't see it anywhere when I searched. There was only ever one article published as I kept an eye out for a case update. Here is the article link

http://readingeagle.com/mobile/article.aspx?id=379905

am I missing it somewhere since it is older?

And if not is there a way it could be added. I dunno how cases are added.

Thanks

Missing Person

Hi I would like to post about a missing person not listed here they have been missing since December 2012 in Australia not sure how to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiepie View Post
    Hi I would like to post about a missing person not listed here they have been missing since December 2012 in Australia not sure how to go about it.
    Hi zombiepie,

If you can pm me the info you want posted I am happy to help you with it.

Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyrrra View Post
    New here. There's a case of a missing person from (wow) a year ago now. I didn't realize that long had passed. But, I didn't see it anywhere when I searched. There was only ever one article published as I kept an eye out for a case update. Here is the article link

http://readingeagle.com/mobile/article.aspx?id=379905

am I missing it somewhere since it is older?

And if not is there a way it could be added. I dunno how cases are added.

Thanks
    I started a thread on Mr. Hollenbach here...
    PA PA - Michael C. Hollenbach 53, last seen 12 May 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you!

Ima
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Can anyone create a missing person poster, and if yes, is there a place online that I can do it? Also, I tried to put a picture in the missing persons thead but could not get it to work. Is there someone that can help me?

Is it really fair to say that other WS members who think differently about a case as you are "hindering" the case? Really?
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2Me1MoThyme View Post
    Is it really fair to say that other WS members who think differently about a case as you are "hindering" the case? Really?
    Please alert any posts like this and the mods will take care of it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maze View Post
    Can anyone create a missing person poster, and if yes, is there a place online that I can do it? Also, I tried to put a picture in the missing persons thead but could not get it to work. Is there someone that can help me?
    I have software that I purchased on my personal computer that can make posters. I haven't heard of something online. If you go to "new" in Word, you can sometimes find templates that might help?

Does anyone else have ideas on making posters?

Hi, this isn't really to do with threadiquette, but I'm wondering if there is a way that I can mark, or tag a the last post of a thread in which I'm reading, so that I can pick up where I left off, the next time I log in? I end up spending a lot of time trying to determine where I left off and sometimes its in a previous thread. I follow too many cases to actually remember.

Also, sometimes I find that I have a hard time remembering all of the cases that I'm following and don't end up noticing them until weeks, months later. Is there a way that I can keep track of all of the cases I'm following?

Thanks
    All of my posts are MOO

Quote Originally Posted by bluenoser View Post
    Hi, this isn't really to do with threadiquette, but I'm wondering if there is a way that I can mark, or tag a the last post of a thread in which I'm reading, so that I can pick up where I left off, the next time I log in? I end up spending a lot of time trying to determine where I left off and sometimes its in a previous thread. I follow too many cases to actually remember.

Also, sometimes I find that I have a hard time remembering all of the cases that I'm following and don't end up noticing them until weeks, months later. Is there a way that I can keep track of all of the cases I'm following?

Thanks
    Go up to the drop down above that says "Thread tools" and you can subscribe to a thread. You can even opt to have an alert sent to your email when someone posts on it. In the User CP area on the left, you'll see "Subscribed Threads" and you can look for more functions there. I don't know if you can pick up where you left off once you have logged out, but it will take you back to your last post as long as you're logged on, which is handy. I have seen some posters "thank" the last post they read before they log off to use as a marker too.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenoser View Post

Thanks
    Hi bluenoser :-)

I'm not sure if this helps you or not but you may want to check this out and see if it will help you manage your cases better

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq..._vb3_new_posts
    Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts
    How can I see the latest posts?

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Hi bluenoser :-)

I'm not sure if this helps you or not but you may want to check this out and see if it will help you manage your cases better

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq..._vb3_new_posts
    Viewing New Posts or Today's Posts
    How can I see the latest posts?

This is why I say Imamaze is the Admin Asst.

http://www.4themissing.net/missing-p...templates.html

Try this! Ala Nursebeeme

The Polly Klaas Foundation also has an online flyer template that runs through Microsoft Word. It's very easy to use. They have one for one child or two (or perhaps a child and suspect).

http://www.pollyklaas.org/yourchild/...templates.html

To put a picture in a missing persons thread, if you find the picture online, you should just be able to right click on the image, click Copy Image, and then Paste it into the thread. Or highlight the picture and again, just Copy and Paste.

What if the minor is the missing person???
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast