Haleigh Cummings Almost Drowned At 2??

Razzle

Reaction score
I don't have the link handy....but there was an interview with I believe Crystal's Mom where she is talking about Haleigh.
She says that Haleigh would not go down to the water alone because there had been an incident when she was 2 where she had "almost drowned".

Does anyone have more info on this?

i remember hearing this also, i don't have the link. but a lot of the pictures being shown of haleigh, shows her playing in water, swimming, in a swim suit. i am not sure if it matters, but i don't get the impression that she is afraid. fwiiw...

I don't have a link, but I do recall the basic story.

Crystal and Ron were still married at the time. They were perparing to go somewhere with both kids. Jr. was a small baby. Crystal told Ron she was going out to get the baby and carseat buckled in. She asked Ron to get Haleigh and bring her to the car.
Crystal finished with the baby, Ron and Haleigh weren't out yet, so she went in to grab the diaper bag and other stuff... asked Ron "where's Haliegh?". Ron cursed at Crystal, said he didn't know.
Crystal hurriedly searched and found Haleigh outside in the canal. H was face down and not breathing when C pulled her out. C had to do CPR to revive the child.

Susan

Crystal and Ron were still married at the time. They were perparing to go somewhere with both kids. Jr. was a small baby. Crystal told Ron she was going out to get the baby and carseat buckled in. She asked Ron to get Haleigh and bring her to the car.
Crystal finished with the baby, Ron and Haleigh weren't out yet, so she went in to grab the diaper bag and other stuff... asked Ron "where's Haliegh?". Ron cursed at Crystal, said he didn't know.
Crystal hurriedly searched and found Haleigh outside in the canal. H was face down and not breathing when C pulled her out. C had to do CPR to revive the child.

Susan

Just to add to your post- Crystal stated this incident didn't occur at their home, it was at Ronalds mother (Theresa Neves) house.

i remember hearing this also, i don't have the link. but a lot of the pictures being shown of haleigh, shows her playing in water, swimming, in a swim suit. i am not sure if it matters, but i don't get the impression that she is afraid. fwiiw...

All of my girls loved playing in the water and"swimming" when they were very young, but they had a healthy fear of going in without a grown-up. They never got near the edge or went in without one of us. The older one sceamed bloody murder any time she thought her little sis was getting too close to the water without us!

Yet, no one called 911 and she didn't go to a hospital. I really don't know how true this is.. Didn't this come from one of the custody dispute hearings?

Yes, it was only stated in the custody papers and neither the parents nor the anyone else called 911 or even took her to a doctor later.

I have always doubed the credibility of this story, but only based on personal opinion.

Susan

FIrst, I highly doubt C even knew how to do CPR. As someone who does know how & is certified in advanced life support, I PROMISE you no one that needs CPR just get's up and goes about their merry way after getting it. If ya need or had CPR you can bet someone has called the medics & you DO need a hospital. I wonder if C can even tell anyone what CPR stands for.

The more I see, the less I want to know.

She re-scheduled the Dr's appointments 12 times? Did Haleigh ever make it to the Doctor?

I have a question about the drowning incident. If she did go into the water, would she just automatically float. I was under the assumption, that once the lungs filled with water, they would sink. Somebody please straighten me out on this.

FIrst, I highly doubt C even knew how to do CPR. As someone who does know how & is certified in advanced life support, I PROMISE you no one that needs CPR just get's up and goes about their merry way after getting it. If ya need or had CPR you can bet someone has called the medics & you DO need a hospital. I wonder if C can even tell anyone what CPR stands for.

I disagree with you .. many highschools now encourage students to do free CPR training as an add-on for their PE classes (this is how it was with me) They told us if someone is revived in less than a minute and their heartbeat returns to normal you don't HAVE to get an ambulance, but alot of times someone would have called 911 already, which is ok too.

This is just what I learned in public school, and we were CPR certified for a year, then we would have to go take refresher courses to continue to be certified (CPR certification or whatever it is called is required for my lifeguard position I used to have.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back