Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eddeva View Post
    the lettering is composed of far stronger man made materials than the Tshirt (usually mainly cotton especially in chilren's clothes) as the cotton based garment began to 'shred' the letters, loosened by soaking, would have fallen away altogether (moo)
    Yes, that could well be what happened, but where are the 'shreds'? I don't recall any mention of even small pieces of this T shirt fabric being found. I guess it's possible that small creatures may have taken some of it for nest/den building, but every piece? if so, why would they leave behind the collar and all the letters? Aren't they nice nesting material too?
    Oh what a tangled web we weave,
    when we set out to deceive!

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    Yes, that could well be what happened, but where are the 'shreds'? I don't recall any mention of even small pieces of this T shirt fabric being found. I guess it's possible that small creatures may have taken some of it for nest/den building, but every piece? if so, why would they leave behind the collar and all the letters? Aren't they nice nesting material too?
    This disturbs me too. Why is only the collar and lettering left? Looks like the arm holes are finished the same way as the collar so why wouldn't they be there too? And is the bottom of the shirt finished that way too?

I am thinking this was left on purpose - the collar for CA specifically b/c of the choking incident we've heard about and the letters to let CA know she thought of Caylee as the source of all her troubles.
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

Maybe KC sprinkled some lime in the bag which caused the cotton in the shirt to dissolve over time.

Just a guess.

Ants. If there was any type of protein on her shirt, the ants would have found a way to get to it. They can and will chew holes in clothing.

Could pesticides have caused the shirt to disintegrate?

Quote Originally Posted by JDzWife View Post
    Could pesticides have caused the shirt to disintegrate?
    Or chlorine?
    Oh what a tangled web we weave,
    when we set out to deceive!

I too, have been very disturbed by the fact that only the collar and lettering was found, along with only 4 teeth being found, and away from the skull. Perhaps all the rest were still in her skull but that isn't mentioned. If anything caused the natural disintegration of this shirt the shorts would have suffered the same. Animals would have been more attracted to the smell of the shorts than the shirt. The shorts were whole and it appears to me like the shirt was forcefully torn apart. Clorine may rot the shirt but it would the shorts too.

Regarding pesticides, I read one article that said they originally thought the PMI interval was very short but then discovered it was actually 4 months and the body had been sprayed with pesticides by the murderer to cover and stop the smell, which protected the body from normal insect activity. I'm not sure if lime would hasten decomp or counteract natural acidic activity. But what ever it would do to the shirt it would do to the shorts too.

If Casey pulled her by the shirt and tore it in a fit of rage, killed her then put her there, the rest of the shirt would be there too. She wouldn't pick up the collar without disposing of the shirt too. Animals wouldn't take the shirt and leave the shorts. The suspicious missing teeth, the missing shirt, the ducktape all sound more like a rape than mother murdering her child to me. How many children are missing, all within driving distance, not yet found in Florida at this time? Don't serial killers usually keep something as a memento? If someone wanted to really teach Casey a lesson wouldn't putting her daughter very close to home with the words "Big Trouble comes in small packages" be the perfect signature to get the message across? She is clearly in big trouble now. Finding this shirt body, I'm sure would be key evidence to connect the murder to the murderer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ZubenElSchemali For This Useful Post:

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by AquarianEssence View Post

. She wouldn't pick up the collar without disposing of the shirt too. Animals wouldn't take the shirt and leave the shorts. The suspicious missing teeth, the missing shirt, the ducktape all sound more like a rape than mother murdering her child to me. How many children are missing, all within driving distance, not yet found in Florida at this time? Don't serial killers usually keep something as a memento? If someone wanted to really teach Casey a lesson wouldn't putting her daughter very close to home with the words "Big Trouble comes in small packages" be the perfect signature to get the message across? She is clearly in big trouble now. Finding this shirt body, I'm sure would be key evidence to connect the murder to the murderer.
    snipped

First of all, it was reported that when Caylee's remains were found that no other children were missing in that area. That was why everyone was quite sure it was Caylee even before she was ID'ed.
    The neck of her shirt may have been caught by a twig or branch and the water movement finally caused it to tear away. Animals may have picked the fabric apart for nests, dens etc.
    No one was teaching Casey any lessons, Casey was teaching Cindy a lesson by killing her baby.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to whiteangora For This Useful Post:

Wouldn't animals be more interested in cloth with dried blood?

That would explain why the shirt would be taken and not the shorts.

Does Caylee have an injury under one of her eyes in the picture of her with the pink shirt where she is pointing her finger?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...6d24b2a202.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    Does Caylee have an injury under one of her eyes in the picture of her with the pink shirt where she is pointing her finger?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...6d24b2a202.jpg
    I thought so too at first, but on closer look, I think its her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    snipped

First of all, it was reported that when Caylee's remains were found that no other children were missing in that area. That was why everyone was quite sure it was Caylee even before she was ID'ed.
    The neck of her shirt may have been caught by a twig or branch and the water movement finally caused it to tear away. Animals may have picked the fabric apart for nests, dens etc.
    No one was teaching Casey any lessons, Casey was teaching Cindy a lesson by killing her baby.
    Yes, I agree. That is why it didn't surprise me at all that Casey would be so upset hearing this news. What else could anyone think when an actual body was found and it was so near to their home. I never thought LPs find was anything. I'm not sure what this has to do with my thinking it is the perfect description of of what a pedophilic serial killer might do though? The other currently missing children are within driving distance of Orlando, Haleigh, Daji...

Water movement in a densely wooded and brushed area wouldn tear apart a shirt. But if this could somehow happen, it would have been found by LE. I'm sure they wouldn't have stopped short of searching everywhere for the body to the shirt. They even checked a den to make sure there wasn't any animal storing parts away for safe keeping. If they would sift soil they would search thoroughly for a shirt to match the collar. I wish they would have sifted the landfill.

Jolynna, the video taken on Father's day shows the mark she had was healed and gone. Please don't count the cuts and bruises on my 7 year old since the day he learned to walk. Also, I don't think an animal would remove the lettering and collar before they consumed the shirt. That would be quite a hair ball too. I've seen a dog chew on clothing till they got all the flavor out but not eat it.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Yes, I agree. That is why it didn't surprise me at all that Casey would be so upset hearing this news. What else could anyone think when an actual body was found and it was so near to their home. I never thought LPs find was anything. I'm not sure what this has to do with my thinking it is the perfect description of of what a pedophilic serial killer might do though? The other currently missing children are within driving distance of Orlando, Haleigh, Daji...

Water movement in a densely wooded and brushed area wouldn tear apart a shirt. But if this could somehow happen, it would have been found by LE. I'm sure they wouldn't have stopped short of searching everywhere for the body to the shirt. They even checked a den to make sure there wasn't any animal storing parts away for safe keeping. If they would sift soil they would search thoroughly for a shirt to match the collar. I wish they would have sifted the landfill.

Jolynna, the video taken on Father's day shows the mark she had was healed and gone. Please don't count the cuts and bruises on my 7 year old since the day he learned to walk. Also, I don't think an animal would remove the lettering and collar before they consumed the shirt. That would be quite a hair ball too. I've seen a dog chew on clothing till they got all the flavor out but not eat it.
    bold,me
    Do you have any idea how huge that landfill is?
    Back to the shirt. The other night there was a story on the news about a clothes stealing cat. (honest) The owner had hung all of the stolen items on her clothes line hoping the neighbors would recognize their items and take them back. The items ranged from men's underwear to hats, scarves, gloves, shirts, you name it. I'm sure there are many more cats and dogs around with this same fetish.
    The possibilities are endless as to where the rest of that shirt could be and I don't think it has anything to do with any phantom rapist/serial killer. Caylee's killer is right where she belongs in the Orange Co Jail.

Video of Jack, The Clothes Stealing Cat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7a7UhOglug
    Last edited by whiteangora; 04-21-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: added Video of Jack, The Clothes Stealing Cat
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whiteangora For This Useful Post:

I too, have been very disturbed by the fact that only the collar and lettering was found, along with only 4 teeth being found, and away from the skull. Perhaps all the rest were still in her skull but that isn't mentioned. If anything caused the natural disintegration of this shirt the shorts would have suffered the same. Animals would have been more attracted to the smell of the shorts than the shirt. The shorts were whole and it appears to me like the shirt was forcefully torn apart. Clorine may rot the shirt but it would the shorts too.

Regarding pesticides, I read one article that said they originally thought the PMI interval was very short but then discovered it was actually 4 months and the body had been sprayed with pesticides by the murderer to cover and stop the smell, which protected the body from normal insect activity. I'm not sure if lime would hasten decomp or counteract natural acidic activity. But what ever it would do to the shirt it would do to the shorts too.
    If Casey pulled her by the shirt and tore it in a fit of rage, killed her then put her there, the rest of the shirt would be there too. She wouldn't pick up the collar without disposing of the shirt too. Animals wouldn't take the shirt and leave the shorts. The suspicious missing teeth, the missing shirt, the ducktape all sound more like a rape than mother murdering her child to me. How many children are missing, all within driving distance, not yet found in Florida at this time? Don't serial killers usually keep something as a memento? If someone wanted to really teach Casey a lesson wouldn't putting her daughter very close to home with the words "Big Trouble comes in small packages" be the perfect signature to get the message across? She is clearly in big trouble now. Finding this shirt body, I'm sure would be key evidence to connect the murder to the murderer.

*resp snipped. my bold.

none of us seem to know enough about how fabrics deteriorate in the presence of swamp water, insects, small animals and a decomposing body to say anything definitive but i would hazard a guess that it's possible the top was, in the main, reduced to the very threads that the garment was woven from and they could easily have been dispersed over a far greater area than caylee's bones were. As i said, that's just a guess, but to me it's a more plausible idea than the notion that it was taken by a serial killer as a momento.
    the only thing on my mind at all, and it's not weighing heavily on it, is casey supposedly having said, 'they haven't even found the clothes yet', but why would she cut around the collar and the letters leaving them behind? it doesn't seem like a believable scenario to me.
    the fact is we just don't have enough information or the resources to obtain that information in order to make a determination on this, but the FBI do and i believe they'll know the answer to this and if their answer is that the rest of the T-shirt just didn't survive it's enviroment then there is no evidence and it isn't 'key'. if i'm wrong though i still don't believe that finding it would be a priority for them. it's not something i think the case will be won or lost over. The very fact that the neck and letters, likely the strongest parts of the garment, are still there makes me feel that the rest disappeared as a matter of erosion and were not cut away by the killer. it's likely that the shorts were not made of exactly the same material and they could simply have been stronger than the T-shirt. different materials react differently in the same circumstances.
    I don't see anything particularly suspicious in the lettering either. When my youngest was about 3 he had a T-shirt that said, 'blame the parents'. that would send an even more accurate and chilling message imo, but sometimes a phrase is just a phrase.
    people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eddeva For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    I've resurrected this thread because this T shirt evidence is still bugging me! Why were only the collar and lettering from this garment found with the remains? Were is the rest? Did it disintegrate or rot away, and if so, why? The shorts were still intact, the blanket was still intact, even pieces of fabric from what appeared to be a diaper were found - but where is the T shirt?

Was the T shirt exposed to some chemical either prior to, or after Caylee's death, that caused the fabric to weaken and rot away, leaving only the thicker/stronger parts such as the lettering and collar? How did the lettering become detached from the body of the T shirt? There is no indication from the description of these items that they still had any of the T shirt fabric attached to any of them, so it seems to me that the adhesive used to attach them to the main garment must have broken down.

I have a feeling that this T shirt evidence may hold some important clues, but the question is - what?
    MY BOLD.

Not sure if you are familiar with acetone or have ever used it with anything. (I'm talking about industrial strength acetone). It is really strong. It will remove tar from mudflaps on a vehicle. I work in a laboratory in a hospital, and that's how I know about it.

Just wondering about that. MOO

JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast