FL - Woman injected foul liquid into baby food at supermarket, Tamarac

She was also convicted of aggravated battery in 2006, after stabbing a friend with a kitchen knife.. lovely woman to have walking around yikes. Hopefully they'll keep her in jail.

This woman is obviously mentally ill.

They seemed to have accessed her for that and must have found nothing.

Ybarra, 50, of Sunrise, was first taken to a hospital for a mental health evaluation, but is now in jail facing charges of poisoning food or water, a first-degree felony, and violation of probation, Broward Sheriff's officials said. She is at the county's North Jail, without bond.

They seemed to have accessed her for that and must have found nothing.

Ybarra, 50, of Sunrise, was first taken to a hospital for a mental health evaluation, but is now in jail facing charges of poisoning food or water, a first-degree felony, and violation of probation, Broward Sheriff's officials said. She is at the county's North Jail, without bond.

Yes - I saw that, OCB. However, perhaps there is a reason they couldn't put her in a psychiatric facility even if they found something. It is not uncommon for people with mental problems to wind up in jail - either from overcrowding of the facilities or insurance issues. That is a problem here in Atlanta.

What a nutjob. What would make someone want to do something like this, hurting babies? Luckily she was obvious about it, putting on rubber gloves and whatnot.

A Florida woman was arrested for taking baby food items off the shelf and mixing a black, foul substance that smelled like ammonia into the food. When confronted she said she was mixing food for her son. Her only child apprears to be 21 years-old.

She was taken to a hospital for a mental evaluation, and then to jail where she is being held on $250,000 bond for this situation, and a no-bond for violation of probation. She has a history of aggravated battery (stabbing).

Unbelievable.

Story here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29259123/

Video here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29257886#29257886

Good Lord, I saw this on the news, unbelievable! What scares me the most is, what if she hadn't been caught :eek:! Some innocent baby could have died!

The charges in this case were apparently dropped. What she has on her record is an arrest on 12/15/2009 for Forging Fake Labels (sounds like a similar case) for which she received 5 years probation on 05/13/2010. As for the probation violation on the Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon? You got it - Probation. How much crap is this woman going to get away with before she finally kills someone?

The charges in this case were apparently dropped. What she has on her record is an arrest on 12/15/2009 for Forging Fake Labels (sounds like a similar case) for which she received 5 years probation on 05/13/2010. As for the probation violation on the Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon? You got it - Probation. How much crap is this woman going to get away with before she finally kills someone?

I can't believe this. :banghead:

I'm with you Belinda - seem like only a matter of time before she succeeds in killing someone. Then everyone will wring their hands and wonder why someone didn't heed the warning signs. She reminds me very much of the Israeli man who was recently arrested for the serial stabbing murders.He had previously stabbed a friend back home, but the friend declined to press charges. In that case, the suspect had even worked in a psychiatric facility and no one apparently noticed anything out of the ordinary. :waitasec: Doesn't exactly reinforce one's belief in our mental health system.

I had to go take a look at those court documents as I could not believe she got a slap on the hand for her actions.

I couldnt believe she got 60 day jail with time served and probation.. What are our court systems coming too. :(

Not sure if im allowed to post the documents so below is the link for others to do their own searches

If anyone wants to take a peek at the court documents below is the link to Broward countys where you can do a search for her. (3 documents)

http://205.166.161.12/oncoreV2/Search.aspx

well that's a ringing endorsement for buying fresh and pureeing your own baby food

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back