2009.02.18 Disposable camera found at crime scene

JWG

Reaction score
A disposable camera was found at the crime scene. It was assigned code G64 when collected and entered into evidence as Item #10, Tag J-60013. Evidence page 3402.

Collected from the house during execution of the search warrant (property tag H-60498) was Item #41 Kodak disposable camera (from living room desk) and Item #62 Kodak disposable camera (from garage in HHR vehicle). Evidence page 3407 and 3408.

All of the above were turned over to the FBI for comparison on January 13.

A disposable camera was found at the crime scene. It was assigned code G64 when collected and entered into evidence as Item #10, Tag J-60013.

Collected from the house during execution of the search warrant (property tag H-60498) was Item #41 Kodak disposable camera (from living room desk) and Item #62 Kodak disposable camera (from garage in HHR vehicle).

All of the above were turned over to the FBI for comparison on January 13.

Kind of dazed with sadness, so please humor me. What is the HHR vehicle ?

JWG, do you have a link? Thanks! I'm still trying to read up.

JWG, do you have a link? Thanks! I'm still trying to read up.

Page 3539 for the two disposable cameras taken during the Dec. 11th search. Also on page 3541

Still looking for reference to the one found at the remains site.

Page 3539 for the two disposable cameras taken during the Dec. 11th search. Also on page 3541

Still looking for reference to the one found at the remains site.

A disposable camera was found at the crime scene. It was assigned code G64 when collected and entered into evidence as Item #10, Tag J-60013. Evidence page 3402.

Collected from the house during execution of the search warrant (property tag H-60498) was Item #41 Kodak disposable camera (from living room desk) and Item #62 Kodak disposable camera (from garage in HHR vehicle). Evidence page 3407 and 3408.

Excellent - TY! I hadn't seen that comprehensive list yet. I have been working off of a different pdf file.

With your direction, I found it here: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3374B TO 3463B REDO.pdf

So does this camera - the one found at the crime scene - belong to Casey? If so, I wonder if it contains pics of her and Caylee. If it does have pics of her and Caylee, when Caylee was supposed to be with Zanny, this would be extremely incriminating. IMO

Disposable cameras are often sold in multi-packs, I wonder if the one in the woods came from the same pack, and what could have been on that film?

VB

zanny loved these things and carried them in her purse. :crazy:

I have never used a disposable camera. Do they use batteries? Batteries were also found.

I wonder if the film could withstand the water/weather, and if processing it is a possibility.

Film can typically withstand such, even submerrsion for a fairly substantial period of time. While you may not want to hang the recovered pictures on your walls, as the quality will greatly suffer, they should be able to get some recognizeable images off the camera if there are any there to be found.

I'd be curious to know how long it's been since any of you purchased a disposable camera? For my family, I'd bet it's been over 12 years and it was for vacation purposes (a few were underwater type).

With digital cameras and cameras in all the cell phones now, I wonder how popular disposable cameras are today. Of course, I also have an underwater 35 mm camera, so even in that respect, we have no need for disposables.

I find it odd that these just so happen to be at the house and the scene when I really have no use for them. I realize that just because I don't purchase them that it means very little, but I'd love some feedback from a few posters about their use of them. On a side note, they are in Orlando and I was in Orlando the last time I purchased them.

I'd be curious to know how long it's been since any of you purchased a disposable camera? For my family, I'd bet it's been over 12 years and it was for vacation purposes (a few were underwater type).

With digital cameras and cameras in all the cell phones now, I wonder how popular disposable cameras are today. Of course, I also have an underwater 35 mm camera, so even in that respect, we have no need for disposables.

I find it odd that these just so happen to be at the house and the scene when I really have no use for them. I realize that just because I don't purchase them that it means very little, but I'd love some feedback from a few posters about their use of them. On a side note, they are in Orlando and I was in Orlando the last time I purchased them.
We live in Orlando. We occasionally find ourselves at the theme park or on a field trip and, having forgotten our camera, we'll buy a disposable.
Disposables are a bit passe'; so many folks have camera phones. I think it will be incriminating if those 3 cameras came from the same store.

Didn't Casey work at a Kodak Kiosk at Universal in 2006? Did she sell disposable cameras?

Maybe she helped herself to a few while working?

JMO

I know people (we also did this for my sons' wedding) buy these cameras to put on all the dinner tables at weddings,so all the guests can take random pictures. The cameras are then left on the tables at the end of the night,the bride and groom take them,and have them developed at a later time.

Insread of letting my grandkids use my expensive camera, I buy them at Sam's Club in multi packs and give them out to thema and write their names on them at camp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back