2009.02.18 Pull-ups and/or training pants found at crime scene

JWG

Reaction score
Pieces of a suspected diaper / pull-ups were found at the crime scene. These were assigned codes G50, G53, G54, G55 when collected and entered into evidence as Items #2, #5, #3, #1 (respectively), Tag H-60516. Evidence page 3401.

Collected from the house during execution of the search warrant (property tag H-60498) was Item #21 one package of "Little Mermaid" pull-ups (from Guest/Office closet) and Item #47 three "Little Mermaid" pull-ups (from Caylee's bedroom chest of drawers). Evidence page 3406 and 3407.

All of the above were turned over to the FBI for comparison on January 13.

Pieces of a suspected diaper / pull-ups were found at the crime scene. These were assigned codes G50, G53, G54, G55 when collected and entered into evidence as Items #2, #5, #3, #1 (respectively), Tag H-60516. Evidence page 3401.

Collected from the house during execution of the search warrant (property tag H-60498) was Item #21 one package of "Little Mermaid" pull-ups (from Guest/Office closet) and Item #47 three "Little Mermaid" pull-ups (from Caylee's bedroom chest of drawers). Evidence page 3406 and 3407.

All of the above were turned over to the FBI for comparison on January 13.

Far be it from me to know much about child development but wouldn't Caylee have been potty-trained already?

If so, this could have some other implications.. that she had pull-ups.

Jai Yen

~*

Far be it from me to know much about child development but wouldn't Caylee have been potty-trained already?

Jai Yen

~*

Not necessarily. All kids are different.

Yeah In my day (older than dirt :) our kids were trained at 2, nowdays its anytime pre-school and people seem to resort to these pull ups instead of training them faster or use them in case of accidents.

I do not believe she was potty trained. There was a text message from Casey to one of her girlfriends saying that she was so proud of Caylee for pooping on the potty. This was in March I think. I personally think she was too lazy to PT. There has never been talk of little girl undies in this case, just pull-ups, in the car as well I believe.

Many preschools require 2 year olds to be potty trained. But since Caylee wasn't in a program, I guess it wasn't much of a priority. (Too much work for a party girl to pay attention to her child's needs?) My girls were trained at 2, my granddaughter at 2, also. Diapers and pull ups are waaay expensive, but since Casey wasn't buying them, none of it seemed to be a concern of hers.

It's possible that Caylee wore pull-ups only overnight. Thus, indicating she was killed at night? Guess we need more info.

As the mother of 3 children, one of whom is 3.5, I can assure you that I worked diligently to potty train and my 3.5yr old is taught to use the potty at school. She is not fully potty trained and it is not unusual. We use pullups anytime there is a chance that we will not be within 30 seconds of a bathroom (so on car trips, grocery store runs, etc. At school and home she wears underwear.)

From the American Academy of Pediatrics:
The right time depends on your child's physical and psychological development. Children younger than 12 months have no control over bladder or bowel movements and little control for 6 months or so after that. Between 18 and 24 months, children often start to show signs of being ready, but some children may not be ready until 30 months or older.

Your child must also be emotionally ready. He needs to be willing, not fighting you or showing signs of fear. If your child resists strongly, it is best to wait for a while.

http://www.aap.org/publiced/BR_ToiletTrain.htm

Jai Yen

~*

It is normal not to have been potty trained. My twin boys are the age now that Caylee was when she went missing (they will be 3 in April) and still no signs of being ready despite talking about it a lot and watching videos. The most they will do is sit on it bare bummed for about 3 seconds. Our doc said no worries, let them do it when they are ready. The doc wouldn't seek any kind of intervention unless they were 4.5 and not trained.

My daughter and granddaughter lived with us for a while during transitional times for them. We had been "working on" potty training. On the day grandbaby turned 3 I sat her down for a little heart to heart talk. She got cute "big girl" panties for her birthday and I told her that she was going to wear them. No more pullups. It didn't take long for her to learn to go potty because she didn't like being wet. We did still use the pullups for times away from a potty, as someone else mentioned, but I think that was why it was hard to train her, because the pullups didn't let her know what it was like to wet herself in cloth undies.

So anyway, I don't think it was anyone's "fault" that (if) Caylee wasn't completely potty trained at that point.

Sorry but that has nothing to do with whether Casey was Lazy Or not - as in if Caylee wasnt potty trained it doesnt mean Casey was lazy

My little girl was a late toiletier as well and in fact never used a potty, refused , SCREAMED , but finally went when she was older than Caylee on a kids toilet seat inside the toilet

Kids are All different.

Wearnig pull ups has nothing to do with Casey's parenting skills or anything else

The only thing it has to do with is that they were taken in for evidence. From Crime / Death Scene and the home

Thanks to everyone who answered this question for me. I don't have children so it was a logical thing to address so that I could have some context.

I'm not making any judgments about how soon children are typically potty-trained.

The two things that came to mind though are these:

1) The defense could discredit it if there is evidence that Caylee was potty-trained,

and

2) since that area seems to have been a hang-out for kids to sit around and drink/smoke pot/etc., the defense could *still* claim it is just garbage that was left there by someone else.

It does open up some possibilities.

I am unable to read .pdf files so if this has already been addressed in the documents, I am unaware.

Thanks, all. :)

~Jai Yen

It is normal not to have been potty trained. My twin boys are the age now that Caylee was when she went missing (they will be 3 in April) and still no signs of being ready despite talking about it a lot and watching videos. The most they will do is sit on it bare bummed for about 3 seconds. Our doc said no worries, let them do it when they are ready. The doc wouldn't seek any kind of intervention unless they were 4.5 and not trained.

this kinda reminded me of a story my sil told me when she was potty training her son. she would let him run around bare bottomed during the day and pull ups at night. believe it or not it worked. the one time when he went to use the potty the lid fell down on yo know...that area. needless to say 7 years later (hes ten) he still holds the lid when he pees. i thought somebody could use a chuckle in light of what came out today.

Caylee was in the process of being potty trained.

Text message from Casey to Amy June 9 @ 3:36PM, "Caylee just pooped in her potty for the first time!"

Bless her heart :(

It seems like this has already been well covered, but the fact that Caylee was still wearing pull-ups is NOT a sign of laziness. My 2.5 year old is still in pull-ups; PTing has been challenging!!

OK, I was in the grocery store tonight & decided to look around at the pullups. Bearing in mind that diaper companies DO change their look/printed characters from time to time, it hasn't been too long since Caylee went missing. My son is in Pampers pull-ups, which feature Diego. The girl version of the pull-ups is Dora.

Moving on down the isle, I found Huggies Pull-ups. There's only one that specifically features the Little Mermaid, and that is the "cool alert" style.

Don't know why this is worth showing you, but here are the different illustrations from that brand & style.

Attachments

• prod_popup_cool.jpg
    prod_popup_cool.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 60
Thanks to everyone who answered this question for me. I don't have children so it was a logical thing to address so that I could have some context.

I'm not making any judgments about how soon children are typically potty-trained.

The two things that came to mind though are these:

1) The defense could discredit it if there is evidence that Caylee was potty-trained,

and

2) since that area seems to have been a hang-out for kids to sit around and drink/smoke pot/etc., the defense could *still* claim it is just garbage that was left there by someone else.

It does open up some possibilities.

I am unable to read .pdf files so if this has already been addressed in the documents, I am unaware.

Thanks, all. :)

~Jai Yen

CA herself during an interview way back when..do not ask me for a link:crazy: said that Caylee was working on being potty trained and that she was doing pretty good. We also need to remember LE found pull ups in the home so IF she ws fully trained they would not be needed. JMO.

I posted this on another thread (didn't see this one and was getting caught up in fingerprint stuff...)

I haven't posted a bunch, but I try to read more on all the threads every day (just got really hooked on the case back when Caylee's remains were found). I posted this on another thread, and just wonder if it might have any merit.

It sounds like LE might have recovered a diaper with the remains. Whomever put the diaper on would possibly have left prints on the diaper, don't you all think? I guess it's probable they might have been washed away by the elements, but maybe not. If KC hadn't seen her daughter for 31 days then her prints certainly wouldn't show up on the diaper. I'd be interested in knowing if there were any prints found on any of the items directly linked to the Anthony house.

Yeah In my day (older than dirt :) our kids were trained at 2, nowdays its anytime pre-school and people seem to resort to these pull ups instead of training them faster or use them in case of accidents.
Nope, my daughter potty-trained, right before she was 3.5, and one month before starting pre-school- a requirement. The pullups didn't do it for her, it took having peeing accidents for her to get it.

This will make me sound like a really old grump, but I think the pull-ups are too cute.

When my girls were little, we had (gasp) cloth diapers. You had a choice of white or, well, white. We had training pants that were also (gasp) cloth. They were just really thick panties - really thick. Now that I think about it, they must've been uncomfortable. They also came in your choice of white or white. (Disposable diapers were available but expensive and we were into enviornmental stuff. Again your choice of white or white.)

On the other hand, big girl panties were thin and had all kinds of animals, flowers, cartoon characters, etc on them. Those big girl panties were a big motivator. :)

My post from:

12-13-2008, 12:02 PM
concentric
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2008

If she did put Caylee in the trunk to sleep using chloroform (which we have been talking about from the beginning), the tape over her mouth to prevent her from making noise should she wake up, as some say, then would it not also be probable that she removed Caylee's clothing, so she might not die of heat exhaustion, perhaps only a diaper or pullup?

------------------------------
And comment today:

I still don't know if she consciously planned on murdering Caylee or she wanted to put her into a long, deep sleep while she partied and came back to find her dead because of the overdose of chloroform. If she did plan on reviving Caylee, wouldn't she have then removed the clothing in a futile effort to avoid a death from heat stroke?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back