774 users online (111 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by winko567 View Post
    she was murdered, this link said she died of gunshot wounds: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/556ufar.html

also, not to be too graphic but on nameus it said that her body was found in a 'decomposed' condition. how would they know for sure if she was really African american?
    Bones. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_othello.html

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

solved.
    cynthia marie robinson.
    i'm a relative.
    when given information by law enforcement, a google search led me here.
    i joined the site to write this and give all interested closure. thank you for your vigilance.

I'm sorry for your family's loss, and glad she's been identified.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by 72209 View Post
    solved.
    cynthia marie robinson.
    i'm a relative.
    when given information by law enforcement, a google search led me here.
    i joined the site to write this and give all interested closure. thank you for your vigilance.
    I just want to say that i am VERY sorry for your loss what happened to her was very unfair
    This story has also always haunted me on a personal level due to the fact that it happened in Arkansas. And i've also thought about it a lot since i first found this case online
    Whenever I listened to this song I would always think about her too

I don't know who she was and I never knew her but I will never forget when i first read about this case
    Rest in Peace Cynthia ♥
    Last edited by winko567; 07-30-2017 at 08:38 PM.

I also drew this for a memorial of her. The story did hit home personally
    I'm glad to finally know her name and that she's been identified.
    Rest in Peace Cynthia ♥

Attached Images Attached Images

PULASKI COUNTY, Ark. — A Pulaski County homicide victim killed in 1994 is finally identified, 23 years after her death.
    The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office says new FBI software identified Cynthia Robinson, 34, through her fingerprints.

At a press conference Friday afternoon, authorities say Robinson was found on February 18, 1994, with gunshot wounds.
    ---
    "The location where her body was recovered is very out of characteristic for her, in being so far away from home base, so that's another key component to us that we wanted to illustrate that whoever had done this to her had taken her out of her comfort zone into a far location where she was killed," said Sgt. Mike Blain.

http://katv.com/news/local/pulaski-c...rs-after-death

It seems cooperation between FBI fingerprint system and Namus which started this year is really paying off. Quite a few came home this year because of this.

May Cynthia finally rest in peace!

The FBI identified the woman as Robinson through its Next Generation Identification system, which it developed in 2011. The system uses a fingerprint analysis algorithm that has increased matching accuracy from 92 percent to more than 99 percent, according to the agency.

The FBI also uses the powerful biometric technology to identify and hunt terrorists.
    Authorities have identified Robinson, but the question of who killed her remains unanswered.
    Blain said investigators have no leads. Robinson's body was found in the area of Settlement Road and Arkansas 365, but the sheriff's office believe she was slain elsewhere. The gun used in her killing hasn't been found. And there are no known witnesses.

"Unfortunately in this case, the only piece of evidence we have is Ms. Robinson," Blain said.
    Burk said the sheriff's office is looking into whether Robinson's death is connected to a string of unsolved homicides in the Little Rock area in the early 1990s.
    The five victims, like Robinson, were black women in their 30s with a history of prostitution arrests. They were each slain between 1991 and 1994. Four of the bodies were dumped in Little Rock. One was found in Jacksonville.

In each case, investigators found evidence that the women were killed somewhere other than where their bodies were discovered.

Burk said the similarities between those cases and Robinson's were glaring. But he noted a few differences. Robinson was shot to death. The other women were strangled or beaten.
    And unlike Robinson, most of the other women's bodies were dumped inside the Little Rock city limits.
    http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...-lr-woman-201/

Quote Originally Posted by winko567 View Post
    she was murdered, this link said she died of gunshot wounds: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/556ufar.html

also, not to be too graphic but on nameus it said that her body was found in a 'decomposed' condition. how would they know for sure if she was really African american?
    Africans have a different bone structure than Asians or Europeans. They could tell if she has had a baby by the shape of her pelvis, even if the flesh were eaten away. They may see small knife or bullet marks on the bones and thus determine cause of death. There is a lot forensics can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2