LE Found Abandoned Car in the Woods

Leila

Reaction score
I just watched Greta Van Susteren, On The Record, and she gave a brief update on this case.

Greta said that LE released information today that one of the items of interest found in the woods during the search is an abandoned car. There were no further details.

I'm wondering how this will figure in the case. Does it have anything to do with the purported fight Ron had the day prior to Haleigh's disappearance?

I saw that too Leila. I'm wondering does this mean LE has TWO vehicles now? Was this abandoned vehicle a van?

Is anyone else getting annoyed with LE? I just don't understand why they are being so vague about this investigation. With the Caylee Case we learned different things and the LE weren't vague about anything.

Wow,if this is the van,Misty said they took her blanket in the van.So,could these be the people she was with for the three days,her cousin or cousins?

yeah, I'm beginning to think that LE is trying to throw us off on purpose! :eek:

So, then would this car found during the search be part of the "not related" things they found that were later said to be insignificant or whatever? Or is this something that they're actually thinking could be related to her disappearance?

Ugghh... so many questions, no answers! We need a mime at this point!

This case perplexing. We just don't have the information we usually get right off the bat from LE that gives us something to work with. Then when we do get something - an abandoned car found during the searches - no other details like make, model, etc. Does it look like it's only been there a couple of days, or a couple of weeks or months? No details. :confused:

yeah, I'm beginning to think that LE is trying to throw us off on purpose! :eek:

So, then would this car found during the search be part of the "not related" things they found that were later said to be insignificant or whatever? Or is this something that they're actually thinking could be related to her disappearance?

Ugghh... so many questions, no answers! We need a mime at this point!

I am just going to pray this leads to new clues & the where abouts of a live, cared for Haleigh. I just gotta have hope after such a sad day.

so we have a RSO missing with possible ties to the area, a supposed fight between Ron and some "unknown" person that is also missing, gun found on the side of the road, some type of makeshift dwelling found in the woods and now an abandoned vehicle... I'm not even going to get started on all of Misty's stories... this is crazy! And at the heart of it all, a little girl is still missing....

what's next? some conspiracy between bio dad and bio mom to collect life insurance on Haleigh?!

I really, really hope LE are actually on top of this case!

ITA leila - this could simply be an old rusted out clinker. Maybe there was evidence someone had been using it as a "room". I don't know anymore. I'm just abour ready to give up.

so we have a RSO missing with possible ties to the area, a supposed fight between Ron and some "unknown" person that is also missing, gun found on the side of the road, some type of makeshift dwelling found in the woods and now an abandoned vehicle... I'm not even going to get started on all of Misty's stories... this is crazy! And at the heart of it all, a little girl is still missing....

what's next? some conspiracy between bio dad and bio mom to collect life insurance on Haleigh?!

I really, really hope LE are actually on top of this case!
Check the main page of the forum - now it's rumored that MC met RC while she was babysitting another child OF RON'S by another woman.

Yep - you can't write this stuff.

They said they seized a vehicle and processed it. What makes people think it may not be this one? They didn't say it was Ronnie's vehicle or anyone in the families' vehicles.

Maybe he's stolen another vehicle and still has her.

Wonder if it will show someone lived in car a few days???
If Haleigh was in the car?
Does LE do doc dumps on missing children cases or just pressers in Fla?
TIA

Wonder if it will show someone lived in car a few days???
If Haleigh was in the car?
Does LE do doc dumps on missing children cases or just pressers in Fla?
TIA

Just speculation on my part, but I wonder if that abandoned car is a stolen vehicle? I also wonder if the person who last drove it was parking it within a wooded area, concealed from sight, and watching Ronald's mobile home?

The Sunshine Law only comes into effect when there's someone charged with a crime. The prosecution turns evidence (discovery) over to the defense attorney, and within a few days this becomes available to the public.

SATSUMA, FL -- As day nine of the search for Haleigh Cummings comes to a close, candles still burn, tips continue to come in, and family members say they are left with even more questions.
"Nobody can make up their mind on what she was wearing, who was at home with her, where anybody was that night. It's unbelievable!" says Marie Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother.
Griffis says it's hard to know what to believe. She just wants the truth.
"There are just so many lies going around," says Griffis.
Investigators aren't saying much when answering questions about possible leads, including talk about examining a particular vehicle as evidence.
"It was processed for evidence, but we're not going to get into that, but it was processed by FDLE," says Detective Dominick Pape with FDLE

If this is the abandoned van in evidence,LE took it,this is what gf said,"my blanket is in the van they took."It's not Ronald's,it was abandoned,why else would her blanket be in there unless it was the vehicle she was in till Ronald got her and brought her back?One thing though,I can't see her hanging out w/the Overstreet RSO,it would have to be Brandon if she was staying in van w/him and was it his van or a friend that had come down with him,so is there more than one guy?

My first thought of an abandonded car was Chad Reynolds. He dumped his friend's car and vanished. It would make sense if he stole another one...altho we haven't heard of a stolen car in that area.

ITA leila - this could simply be an old rusted out clinker. Maybe there was evidence someone had been using it as a "room". I don't know anymore. I'm just abour ready to give up.

That's what i think, somebody made a shelter out of a rusted junk car out there

I just have to say regardless of the reasoning behind it, I am actually proud of LE in this case. Unlike with Caylee, we aren't hearing everything...which is the way it should. I am glad that they seem to have learned from the HUGE mistakes made in Caylee's case and are playing this one close to the vest.
Way to go new sheriff whose name I have already forgotten.

ETA:BEFORE THE DEBATE TAKES OVER THE THREAD, I GAVE IT IT'S OWN.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3336460#post3336460

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back