MythBuster Thread Discussion Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyoungr

Reaction score
It might be a good time review and tie off some lose ends.. We might end a spreadsheet for this in the end. Reviewing may help improve our detective skills as it helps us correct possibly faulty lines of thinking.

Confirmed or Busted

1. Lee is not the father. Confirmed
2. House Plan Drawings - Confirmed
3. Knives - 1 - Confirmed (not at crime scene)
4. Trash bag - yellow handles Confirmed
5. Winnie Pooh hamper bag - BUSTED.. it was a Whitney
6. Toy horse at crime scene - CONFIRMED Listed on crime scene report
7. Toy horse NOT FOUND at Anthony's - CONFIRMED
8. Caylee found naked - BUSTED clothing confirmed (was it what GA said she was wearing?)
9. Storybook at crime scene -BUSTED
10. Photos of old men, Caylee on chair, etc.. not on forensics report from crime scene BUSTED
11. Caylee decapitated (per guy on NG) BUSTED
12. Teeth falling out of skull - CONFIRMED
13. Added.. triple bagging - CONFIRMED black trash bag, laundry bag and then another trash bag.
14. Skull sitting next to bag and had been for some time - CONFIRMED
15. Clothes were different than what GA stated seeing Caylee in (jean shorts vs striped shorts) CONFIRMED
16. Shirt was not what she was wearing in the video on Father's day CONFIRMED
17. Chloroform storage -glass bottles only - BEING DEBATED http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthguidelines/chloroform/recognition.html

18. Many WS's stated Larry Garrison was in it only for the money. CONFIRMED (took money for pictures of Caylee for ABC interview)
http://www.wftv.com/video/18149829/index.html

Proof of Chloroform ingredients removed from house: Confirmed or Busted ???

This is just a start.. any takers?

It might be a good time review and tie off some lose ends.. We might end a spreadsheet for this in the end. Reviewing may help improve our detective skills as it helps us correct possibly faulty lines of thinking.

Confirmed or Busted

1. Lee is not the father. Confirmed
2. House Plan Drawings - Confirmed
3. Knives - 1 - Confirmed (not at crime scene)
4. Trash bag - yellow handles Confirmed
5. Winnie Pooh hamper bag - BUSTED.. it was a Whitney
6. Toy horse - BUSTED not listed
7. Caylee found naked - BUSTED clothing confirmed (was it what GA said she was wearing?)
8. Toy horse - BUSTED (not on forensics report)9. Storybook at crime scene -BUSTED
10. Photos of old men, Caylee on chair, etc.. not on forensics report from crime scene BUSTED
11. Caylee decapitated (per guy on NG) BUSTED
12. Teeth falling out of skull - CONFIRMED

Bagging.. black trash bag, then laundry bag then another trash bag
is this CONFIRMED or BUSTED?

Proof of Chloroform ingredients removed from house: Confirmed or Busted

This is just a start.. any takers?

Respectfully bolded by me:

Toy horse with fence is on page 37 of LE's search report of crime scene.

This is already being done in the Mythbuster thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78216

Yes, but it is a no discussion thread. Could it be possible to gather some of that information and as we Bust a myth move that post to the Busters thread?

What I am looking for is for us to review our thought processes and bounce "what we thought right vs what we thought" wrong. All good teams do this to improve abilities.

I read the remains were triple bagged, two plastic bags and then laundry bag. IIRC.

It's WFTV's doc dump. page 37 about the toy horse/fence heart.

There is a link in the thread beginning with "someone wrote a letter...forensic report..." Not sure of the thread name, but the document is there. It also describes what they call the "pink heart" (I'm guessing it was faded by water?) I posted in there after reading that page, and had to stop as it was upsetting to read. Hope this helps.

Yes, but it is a no discussion thread. Could it be possible to gather some of that information and as we Bust a myth move that post to the Busters thread?

What I am looking for is for us to review our thought processes and bounce "what we thought right vs what we thought" wrong. All good teams do this to improve abilities.

I agree, this is a great idea. Sort it out here, make sure we're absolutely right and then add it to Mythbusters thread.

I, too, heard that she was triple bagged then placed in the laundry tote.

(Hercule - at least we finally know the color of those trash ties!)

Ibyounger, you have toy horse listed twice. I second Bogeygal, it is listed in the forensics as found, toy horse with piece of fence. I have no clue now where it was, but it was in handwriting, and IIRC also typed up.

Pullup found with remains-confirmed.

Oh, yeah, how could I forget? Chloroform was looked for and not found on the steering wheel cover and IIRC the car seat. So Chloroform is still undetermined. Sigh.

Lanie

Winnie the Pooh blanket from the Anthony house found at scene-confirmed.

Lanie

PS I have to quit now, because I have to go to work so don't have time to hunt down the links for what I am posting.

No bathing suit found with Caylee's remains. I think LP came up with that one.

You can use this to discuss what you are going to put up in Mythbusters and why. each item most likely has a thread where people are discussing already and this thread is way to broad for discussion. So if you want to put a mythbuster on the thread, need help ot want to bounce it off others, we can do that here. You can also challenge any item listed on the mythbuster thread here.

Things are either confirmed or denied. If you want to put it in the mythbuster thread please add a link to the docs or other solid information.

Winnie the Pooh blanket from the Anthony house found at scene-confirmed.

Lanie

PS I have to quit now, because I have to go to work so don't have time to hunt down the links for what I am posting.
some things may already be posted in the mythbuster area so check first.

6. Toy horse - BUSTED not listed
8. Toy horse - BUSTED (not on forensics report)

6 and 8 are repeated, and both of your "busted" are in error. I read about the plastic horse and plastic fence. I'm going to find it now.

Were the clothes found on Caylee or in the bag with Caylee?

Respectfully bolded by me:

Toy horse with fence is on page 37 of LE's search report of crime scene.

6 and 8 are repeated, and both of your "busted" are in error. I read about the plastic horse and plastic fence. I'm going to find it now.
This is not starting out well. Now we're getting myths about the myths.

Just a gentle memory refresher. The toy horse myth went thus...

In the 1.21.09 doc dump the search warrant request for 12.20.08 mentioned a desire to search for a toy horse "similar to that found at crime scene" (quote not exact).

The myth created from that became, through the magic of NG, "Breaking News. Matching toy horse found at Anthony home."

We knew there was a toy horse at the remains site because the search warrant mentioned it, even though we had no other documentation. We never had any reason to think that any matching toy was found at Anthony home. We still don't.

That was the myth. It's still busted.

Candidate for Myth Buster thread. What do you think?

Myth: Roy Kronk picked up the bag and the skull rolled or fell out.

Truth: The skull could not have fallen from the bag.

From page 3381.

Attachments

• skull drop.jpg
    skull drop.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online