1047 users online (179 members and 868 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    No, the Davidson's have the same Halo group as Benjaman, R1b1b2. Interestingly enough, I checked the Powell dna group tonight and guess who was listed, Robert Holden Davidson. It seems Davidson may have been a Powell, but until all the markers are tested, who knows. That marker 60 still has me wondering though.
    To tell ya the truth, I'm thinking this powell/davidson mixup happened back in Scotland, in which case it would be impossible to sleuth IMHO. Maybe a Powell boy lived next door to a MS X, and they spent time in the barn. Soon after MS X winds up getting quickly married to M Davidson, end of story. No way to know.

What matters is what POWELL OR DAVIDSON family living on this side of the pond is missing a son. That is the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbackon View Post
    To tell ya the truth, I'm thinking this powell/davidson mixup happened back in Scotland, in which case it would be impossible to sleuth
    I don't know anything about Scotland other then my son has relatives there on his paternal side.

When would people have come to the US from Scotland?
    My parents came here in the 50's from Hungary.
    My "mother" soon found herself pregnant & being new here; new to speaking the language; gave her child up.

Roselvr, this link tells a bit about Scots heading to the US: http://www.siliconglen.com/Scotland/11_24.html It really doesn't say much about the 1900's.

Most of my ancestors 'came over' in the early 1920's (none from Scotland).

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    I don't know anything about Scotland other then my son has relatives there on his paternal side.

When would people have come to the US from Scotland?
    My parents came here in the 50's from Hungary.
    My "mother" soon found herself pregnant & being new here; new to speaking the language; gave her child up.

I only mentioned Scotland because the one Davidson name with the dna match goes back to Scotland, and the male line could have changed back then.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15