Questions directed toward Burke

dalcanton

Reaction score
From what I understand, legal authorities had only restricted opportunities to interrogate Burke shortly after the murder. Is there a full transcript out there that details every question that was directed toward Burke? I've found excerpts, but nothing complete. Did the police ever ask Burke point-blank, "Did YOU eat pineapple that night after getting home from the Whites? If so, what time did you eat it? Did your sister have any with you? Were you & your sister alone when you ate it? Were your parents with you? Just your Mom? Dad? Or were they in bed? Did they know that you were eating it?"

Other queries:

"Did you & JB fight over any of the Christmas toys that day or that night? What about your Nintendo?"

"Did you hear anything at all from your sister's bedroom when you were in your bed that night? Did you ever have a feeling that something wasn't quite right?"

"What did you parents tell you on the morning of the 26th? Did they say that JB was missing? Did you have any questions for them? How upset were they? Were you scared? Did something not seem right about their behavior?"

I'd like to know more about what Burke has to say, too. I think he knows far more than he's telling. Good thread and I'm gonna keep an eye on it....who knows, maybe we'll strike some gold, eh?

I, too, would like to find out what he knows (if anything). Even though I'm one of those "an intruder did it" theorists, I'm still not letting anyone off the hook. There's just too much suspicious activity on everybody's part for me to dismiss anyone. Patsy, Burke or John could very well have had a hand in the (accidental?) murder and/or cover-up.

But, can you just imagine if Burke DOES know something that he's not telling us? Say his mother killed JB - can you imagine that poor kid having to hide that secret for the past 12 years? Or, if he had something to do with it, wouldn't his conscience be eating away at him? Just think of the stigma that has been hanging over him all these years.

I, too, would like to find out what he knows (if anything). Even though I'm one of those "an intruder did it" theorists, I'm still not letting anyone off the hook. There's just too much suspicious activity on everybody's part for me to dismiss anyone. Patsy, Burke or John could very well have had a hand in the (accidental?) murder and/or cover-up.

But, can you just imagine if Burke DOES know something that he's not telling us? Say his mother killed JB - can you imagine that poor kid having to hide that secret for the past 12 years? Or, if he had something to do with it, wouldn't his conscience be eating away at him? Just think of the stigma that has been hanging over him all these years.

I have often thought in much the same way, wondering how someone could live with such knowledge. However, posters here have made a good point, if his parents constantly fed him lies about the events of that night, he may have blocked out the truth and accepted their lie. seems likely to me... lets just hope this time around the police close this case.

hello all sleuthers - many years a lurker, first time poster.

The JonBenet case is what got me addicted to websleuths. I fear that justice will never be served for this precious child. The staging was all over the map and points in many different directions (by design I suspect). Because of that, IMO it spells RDI.

Since Burke is now a legal adult and no longer protected by John & Patsy,
and LE has re-opened the case, I pray they will interview him again and ask some of the very questions posted here. I have always felt he either knows, was involved or witnessed much more that has been disclosed.

LE can ask to question BR, but he has no obligation to speak to them. He is not a suspect, and even if he were, his age at the time of the crime, not his age now, takes precedence.
I know his Grand Jury testimony, which was not done in person, was not made public. I think because of his age then, any interviews he gave to police would not be made public.

I have always felt that Burke contributed to Jonbenet's death. Most probably it was not intentional. I have followed this case for years and one thing that always struck me was how damn weird PR and JR were throughout the process.

From the start, their actions were strange and unusual. I feel like they were covering up for Burke out of fear for losing both children.

I have always felt that Burke contributed to Jonbenet's death. Most probably it was not intentional. I have followed this case for years and one thing that always struck me was how damn weird PR and JR were throughout the process.

From the start, their actions were strange and unusual. I feel like they were covering up for Burke out of fear for losing both children.

There are many who also feel that way. It does explain a lot.

Does anyone know where Burke is now, and what he is doing? Is he married, does he have any children? Where does he work?

Does anyone know where Burke is now, and what he is doing? Is he married, does he have any children? Where does he work?

As of last year, he was still in college, not married and no children. There was a bunch of pictures of him over at FFJ, from his FaceBook page. He is a really cute kid, in one of the pictures he was looking sideways, trying to be sexy, but came off as creepy. Go to over to www.forumsforjustice.org , do a search and see if you can find them. If I find the page before you do, I will post the link..if it hasn't been removed.

As of last year, he was still in college, not married and no children. There was a bunch of pictures of him over at FFJ, from his FaceBook page. He is a really cute kid, in one of the pictures he was looking sideways, trying to be sexy, but came off as creepy. Go to over to www.forumsforjustice.org , do a search and see if you can find them. If I find the page before you do, I will post the link..if it hasn't been removed.

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7774

LE can ask to question BR, but he has no obligation to speak to them. He is not a suspect, and even if he were, his age at the time of the crime, not his age now, takes precedence.
I know his Grand Jury testimony, which was not done in person, was not made public. I think because of his age then, any interviews he gave to police would not be made public.

Not just that, DeeDee. Who knows what his memory's like?

Right, SD. While the brutal murder of a little sister, who is then found in the family home, would be considered a major life event that would not be forgotten, we have to consider that BR, like all young kids, would remember events, even ones like this, the way he had been told they happened, and not necessarily as they did happen. This becomes more and more likely as the years pass.

I am sure he was brainwashed by now.Couldn't have been that hard anyway,he was pretty young and probably confused by the situation.And you know how easy it is :"But honey,it was only a bad dream,you didn't really see that!"

One thing people forget is that Burke is now an adult and can talk to anyone he likes, and the R's spin team cannot stop him.

That said, I doubt he has much information to share. If RDI is correct, which is what I think, they didn't let Burke see much. He could testify about sounds he heard. He could possibly shed some light on the pineapple problem, but he is unlikely to have any info that could solve the case.

One thing people forget is that Burke is now an adult and can talk to anyone he likes, and the R's spin team cannot stop him.

That said, I doubt he has much information to share. If RDI is correct, which is what I think, they didn't let Burke see much. He could testify about sounds he heard. He could possibly shed some light on the pineapple problem, but he is unlikely to have any info that could solve the case.

Welcome back, Chrishope. It's been a while.

I have long believed that Burke was invovled in a fight and accident with his little sister and in a desperate panic his parents staged the crime scene and covered it up - NEVER for a minute thinking that it would go beyond little ole' Boulder, CO where John Ramsey could "fix" it with his money and wall of attorneys.
It's really not that difficult to consider.
We know there was "staging withing staging" of the crime scene.
Something a true criminal would not bother with - and one so incredibly bold as to hang around the house for hours - and on Christmas night to boot!
THE most unlikely night of the year.
THE one night when it is most likely that your family/friends KNOW your whereabouts.
No intruder committed this crime.
We are supposed to believe that some "intruder" decides, on Christmas night, to enter a big mansion of a home to "kidnap" a child for ransom.
NOT bring a ransom note - let alone pen and paper.
Then putter around the house to find a pen and paper and sit and write THREE PAGES of a "ransom" letter?? (thou doth protest too much Patsy!)
And - then NEVER kidnap the child! (it's so dumb to consider it almost makes one laugh!)
And just WHEN did this "intruder" place those 3 pages out on those stair steps? This is SUCH an important question!
Couldn't have been before he went upstairs to grab JonBenet - or he would have stepped on them coming down the stairs lugging her with him.
Patsy had to "step over" them she claims.
Couldn't have been AFTER he takes her downstairs to kill her. What? He's going to then saunter upstairs and place the letter on the stairs? Just after he's KILLED her?
I thought he went out the basement window...?

It's just too silly to even think that some "intruder" (busy-haired stranger?) committed this crime.
There should be his DNA all over that crime scene - and there wasn't.

There is so much more but it makes one weary to have to "defend the obvious."

Just my humble opinion here... but at least it's logical. :cool:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member