Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    We are still unsure of the exact point where Amber was last seen on Broadway. IMO, I'm more inclined to believe that Amber entered the parking lot just south of the football field. I think she disappeared from there.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I am, and have been, praying for Amber

Quote Originally Posted by byomoi View Post
    We are still unsure of the exact point where Amber was last seen on Broadway. IMO, I'm more inclined to believe that Amber entered the parking lot just south of the football field. I think she disappeared from there.
    I'm just curious...
    why do you think it's more likely that she disapeared from there?
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

Quote Originally Posted by soyesterday View Post
    I'm just curious...
    why do you think it's more likely that she disapeared from there?
    The school bus yard and the school farmyard would have some type of responsible adults around, and I'm sure they were all questioned. No sightings reported from FFA friends who would be hanging out with the animals.

I'll be anxious to hear what Brad has to say after he scopes out the area.

Were there any early morning sports practices that day?

Brenda Van Dam is helping in the upcoming search and asking others for help.

http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story....v=menu1609_4_1#

I'm wondering...
    has anyone heard anything about Amber having a boyfriend? Or a best friend? Someone close to her own age that she would have confided in or that might know where she was going that morning?
    Was she actually seen walking TO the school or AWAY from the school?
    after you were gone....
    to make you stay.

K9-Chaser is offline Verified Expert / Full-Time Professional K9SAR, SAR & Police SAR Management
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaaskids Searcher View Post
    Sleuthers,

Need your help in spreading the word about Amber's case. She has been missing now for 18 days and as many of you have suggested....doesn't seem like a runaway. We have just arrived in Escondido to assist her family in her search. Marc will be here tomorrow to help her parents. We are gearing up for a search for this weekend. Please do your best to pass the word about Amber and please keep her and her parents in your prayers.

I will do my best over the next few days to keep you up-to-date with whats going on here. Thanks.

Brad
    What has been done regarding K9 searches (live scent) since Amber went missing? Does anyone know?

K9-Chaser is offline Verified Expert / Full-Time Professional K9SAR, SAR & Police SAR Management
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaaskids Searcher View Post
    Thank you again for the interest in Amber's case. The latest:

As mentioned already..the big news for the day is the announcement of the Reward. We hope to have a staging area for the weekend's search by tomorrow. Members of Laura Recovery Center will be arriving tomorrow to assist us.

Tomorrow will be spent scouting the potential search areas, meeting with LE and media and working with the family on establishing a concerted search effort for Amber.

All of your points are noted and I will be spending a lot of time tomorrow walking the route she took and looking at each of these points of interest. I will give an update tomorrow evening.

Brad
    This sounds like a well established search, but are the 'potential search areas' those that have been ruled 'potential' because of previous K9 searches (when the dogs have worked / ended up) or just areas-of-interest for other reasons?

I apologize if this has been discussed - I have been away and am now playing a bit of catch up.

If Amber left from home and that was the last definite place that she was seen, then you start from there as the PLS.

Volunteers sought to aid in search for Amber
    By J Harry Jones (Contact) Union-Tribune Staff Writer
    5:00 p.m. March 6, 2009

ESCONDIDO Volunteers are being sought this weekend to help search for Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old Escondido girl who has been missing since leaving for school on Feb. 13.

A search center has been established at 755 N. Quince Street, just south of Mission Avenue in Escondido. Volunteer searchers are asked to come to the center Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. All volunteers must be at least 18, have photo identification, and wear appropriate clothing such as long pants and boots.

At an afternoon press conference in front of the center on Friday, Brenda van Dam, whose own daughter, Danielle, was the subject of an intense county-wide search seven years ago after she was abducted from inside her Sabre Springs home, urged all to come out and help.

I can't believe I'm doing this again, she said. It's very sad to be here today to be looking for another missing child I know that this community has come together before to help find Danielle and give my family closure.

Danielle's remains were found in the East County by volunteer searchers more than three weeks after the 7-year-old went missing. A neighbor, David Westerfield, was later convicted of her murder and sentenced to death row.

Volunteers are also needed to staff the search center and to distribute fliers. Donations of water and food would also be appreciated, said Marc Klaas, a nationally known missing child advocate helping on the search.

Volunteers can call (714) 883-6076 for information.
    Anyone with information about Amber's whereabouts is urged to call (760) 743-TIPS (8477).
    http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/06/bn6amber1700-volunteers/

Quote Originally Posted by soyesterday View Post
    I'm wondering...
    has anyone heard anything about Amber having a boyfriend? Or a best friend? Someone close to her own age that she would have confided in or that might know where she was going that morning?
    Was she actually seen walking TO the school or AWAY from the school?

I read this about her on a forum hope its ok to post.
    • She had perfect attendance in school and was proud of that.
    • She isn't a wild girl at all. No drinking, no drugs no boys.
    • She loves to read, she loves science and is totally infatuated with wolves.
    • She prefers to draw and write does not have a myspace or facebook page.
    • She has a core tight group of 6 friends that hang out all the time usually at Amber's house.

The last confirmed sighting of Amber was on the morning of Feb. 13, as she was walking to school.
    (ref: http://www.10news.com/news/18875326/detail.html)

[quote=cloudajo;3422163]I read this about her on a forum hope its ok to post.
    • She has a core tight group of 6 friends that hang out all the time usually at Amber's house.

[snip]

What a 'gift' she is to her family - Such an impressive young lady.

Recovery Center Opens to Help Find Missing Teenager

Video: http://www.760kfmb.com/global/video/...r&rnd=55946492

Quote Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
    I read this about her on a forum hope its ok to post.

The last confirmed sighting of Amber was on the morning of Feb. 13, as she was walking to school.
    (ref: http://www.10news.com/news/18875326/detail.html)
    So she had a group of close friends...i'm assuming they've been talked to and stuff...
    and noone has been able to offer any kind of idea what might have happened??
    This case is really bothering me....
    I can't remember....are there houses all lined up on her walk to school?
    Do you think they've all been searched?
    I think i remember one case where the little girl was walking to school alone and they found out later that she was snatched right there on her way to school by a neighbor down the street from her house...
    I wish kids couild stay in groups and walk together....and if that' not possible....i wish they could have a ride to school...
    walking to school all alone seems too dangerous...
    Her parents are divorced right?
    Did i understand that right?
    And her Mom has a boyfriend?
    Did she live w/ her dad or her mom?
    Does her dad have a girlfriend too?
    And hasn't the mom and boyfriend taken a lie detector test?
    She was last seen at a certain place....just a few hundred yards from the school right?
    Did she look like she was walking TOWARDS the school or AWAY from it?
    I think i read somewhere that a witness saw her in a rush to wherever she was going...
    was she goint the oppisite way?
    I'm just trying to get straight what i've read so far.
    Didn't her mom say she talked to her in the morning...was that by phone or was she w/ her mom?
    That part confused me....cuz i was thinking i read that her mom said that Amber would call everyday after school, but she didn't get the phone call that day, so she went (?) home and heard the recorded message on the machine? Was it on the mom's machine?
    Or did she go to Amber's dad and hear it on his machine?
    If i read right, that she calls her mom everyday after school, then i'm assuming she was calling from her dad's house?
    Or was it just her cell phone?
    I'm sorry if i'm a little out of it.....i'm on pain meds right now...
    I thought if i tried to type some of it out, i could get a better picture.
    Did she leave alot earlier than usual? Why?
    Did anyone ask her why she was leaving so early?
    Why did she have to walk alone?
    What happened to you Amber????
    after you were gone....
    to make you stay.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast