Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by RElady View Post
    [snipped]To answer the other question about why her abductors would check Amber's voicemail, I suppose they would be curious of the messages her loved ones or LE might leave her and it would give them an idea of whether or not they were on the right path or not. [snipped]
    Good thought. I can see this as a possibility. Do you know when her disappearance was first in news or paper? Was it Sun, Feb 15? This article in North County Times came out Sun, Feb 15 I believe (says at top Feb 18 but comments start on Feb 15.) Amber's grandmother posted about NCT being only paper willing to print anything (her post is really sweet, see it at link). There are several other comments after her post about people in area receiving recorded messages from the PD on cell phones and home phones late Sat night about Amber (reverse 911).

http://www.northcountytimes.com/arti...5e00216b60.txt

Amber's father's letter. See article with letter, video, and new pic of Amber.

March 10, 2009
    Amber Dubois' Father Writes Her A Heartbreaking Letter

March 06, 2009

Amber,

Hello my sweetheart, this is Dad. It's late Friday night and I wanted to write you this letter since you are not here with me. This was supposed to be our weekend together and this afternoon at about the time I should be picking you up from the train station, I was thinking about what I could do to talk to you like we would be doing right now. So I decided that tonight I would write you this letter and get it out where you might get a chance to read it.

One of your friends brought over a CD with pictures of you and your friends at their birthday beach party. Some cool pictures of you guys, one is of you running in the water at night by the pier with a cool sunset behind you. It reminds me of our midnight grunion run while camping last summer and all the fun we had that night catching all those darn fish with our hands. I guarantee on our next run, I will catch more than you!!!

Your Teacher Mr. Reyburn is keeping your lamb, ( Nénette ) for you till you get back. You can bet your Mom is looking as hard as she can for you since she will be doing your barn clean-up duties until you return.

This is still my weekend, so I will be waiting to hear from you so I can come get you. Next Friday is the 13th again and it will be a month that you have been away, I don't want to wait that long before I get my next hug from you. Well, I really just wanted to say we all miss you and love you very much. I hope you get to read this, or better yet I hope you are back in my arms soon, so I can tell you in person. Don't lose hope in our finding you. I will never lose hope in our search for you.

Always Loving You,

DAD xoxo

http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=9983081
    Last edited by cloudajo; 03-10-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added letter contents

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Oh gosh this letter just makes me cry.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RElady For This Useful Post:

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Hello to my neighbor, RELady, and thanks for Cloudajo for keeping up with the news articles.

I walked Cougar Pass today with my husband and one of my dogs. As I mentioned before, Broadway, which is the street that runs in front of the high school, turns into Cougar Pass north of Escondido. This road runs along the side of a hill and is sparcely populated. There is a creek that runs along the road (and over it in one place). Many people use the road as a dumping ground for trash, furniture, cars, refrigerators, water heaters, etc. There is a lot of brush that someone could hide a body under, but it would also be easy to just stop a vehicle and throw a body over the side and it would roll and be hidden under brush. (God, I hope Amber's parents are not reading here.) We saw a black Van's slip-on shoe in the creek and a couple of pairs of underwear or bathing suit bottoms along the way. I am still curious as to whether the Laura Recovery Center has searched Cougar Pass.

RELady, which aqueduct was cordoned off during the search last weekend?

That was a truly heartbreaking letter that her father wrote to Amber, maybe because he shows such hope of her being alive.
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Invisible For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RElady View Post
    Oh gosh this letter just makes me cry.
    Me too

I can't even imagine what her family must be going through.
    #PrayForMH370

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Hello to my neighbor, RELady, and thanks for Cloudajo for keeping up with the news articles.

I walked Cougar Pass today with my husband and one of my dogs. As I mentioned before, Broadway, which is the street that runs in front of the high school, turns into Cougar Pass north of Escondido. This road runs along the side of a hill and is sparcely populated. There is a creek that runs along the road (and over it in one place). Many people use the road as a dumping ground for trash, furniture, cars, refrigerators, water heaters, etc. There is a lot of brush that someone could hide a body under, but it would also be easy to just stop a vehicle and throw a body over the side and it would roll and be hidden under brush. (God, I hope Amber's parents are not reading here.) We saw a black Van's slip-on shoe in the creek and a couple of pairs of underwear or bathing suit bottoms along the way. I am still curious as to whether the Laura Recovery Center has searched Cougar Pass.

RELady, which aqueduct was cordoned off during the search last weekend?

That was a truly heartbreaking letter that her father wrote to Amber, maybe because he shows such hope of her being alive.
    I don;t mean to speak for RELady, but I believe she said it was Black Springs RD oh maybe Rock Springs?? between Lincoln and Mission? I THINK that is what she told me.

Yep, it was Rock Springs between Lincoln and Mission, where the bridge goes over the freeway. (Up above the old Kmart) Now I can't remember if that is where the aquaduct runs!! I am drawing a blank. I think it crosses under the bridge there. If not, the area was blocked for searching around the bridge. I drove by about 45 minutes later and the police van and car were gone so they must not have been there long.

Cougar Pass is a very suspect place. Gosh it brings up a memory tho. My daughter went up there with an older boy one time and "parked". The police came and sent them on their way, but she had to call home. It was a bad night. Taught her a good lesson.

That said, I know the sherriff does go up there now and then. At least on Sat. nights.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RElady For This Useful Post:

That letter is truly heartbreaking. Praying she is alive and safe and will be home soon. Praying for her family and friends. This poor girl.
    Why is there such evil in the world, it is just sickening.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Brwnigirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post

March 10, 2009

March 06, 2009

Amber,

Hello my sweetheart, this is Dad. It's late Friday night and I wanted to write you this letter since you are not here with me. This was supposed to be our weekend together and this afternoon at about the time I should be picking you up from the train station, I was thinking about what I could do to talk to you like we would be doing right now. So I decided that tonight I would write you this letter and get it out where you might get a chance to read it.

One of your friends brought over a CD with pictures of you and your friends at their birthday beach party. Some cool pictures of you guys, one is of you running in the water at night by the pier with a cool sunset behind you. It reminds me of our midnight grunion run while camping last summer and all the fun we had that night catching all those darn fish with our hands. I guarantee on our next run, I will catch more than you!!!

Your Teacher Mr. Reyburn is keeping your lamb, ( Nénette ) for you till you get back. You can bet your Mom is looking as hard as she can for you since she will be doing your barn clean-up duties until you return.

This is still my weekend, so I will be waiting to hear from you so I can come get you. Next Friday is the 13th again and it will be a month that you have been away, I don't want to wait that long before I get my next hug from you. Well, I really just wanted to say we all miss you and love you very much. I hope you get to read this, or better yet I hope you are back in my arms soon, so I can tell you in person. Don't lose hope in our finding you. I will never lose hope in our search for you.

Always Loving You,

DAD xoxo

OMG....i am literally crying right now...
    i honestly can't even imagine....
    i....i'm at a loss for words right now....
    I hope you come home soon Amber...alive and safe...and into your dad's arms...
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to soyesterday For This Useful Post:

Mine too but it must vary as LELady mentioned.

If I dial *86 I get the prompt “Please enter your password then press #.” If I enter incorrect password I get “I’m sorry, this number is not valid. Please enter your password then press #.” To dial, connect, enter incorrect password and get notification of incorrect password, it took about 10-15 seconds.

There is a way to edit the voicemail number, put in your password and save it, so that when you dial voicemail it will auto-enter your password. Some people also have the vm # with password in it on their speed dial. (Although they caution on it since anyone who gets hold of your phone would then have access to your vm.) Not sure if Amber had her password programmed in but if she did and it was reset, she or anyone else trying would get the “number is not valid” message.

The cell phone thing is bugging me.

http://www.wikihow.com/Automatically-Sign-Into-Your-Verizon-Voicemail
    Thanks. I didn't know that. My cell phone is like my computer. Out of ignorance I don't take advantage of all the things it can do.

I walked Cougar Pass today with my husband and one of my dogs. As I mentioned before, Broadway, which is the street that runs in front of the high school, turns into Cougar Pass north of Escondido. This road runs along the side of a hill and is sparcely populated. There is a creek that runs along the road (and over it in one place). Many people use the road as a dumping ground for trash, furniture, cars, refrigerators, water heaters, etc. There is a lot of brush that someone could hide a body under, but it would also be easy to just stop a vehicle and throw a body over the side and it would roll and be hidden under brush. (God, I hope Amber's parents are not reading here.) We saw a black Van's slip-on shoe in the creek and a couple of pairs of underwear or bathing suit bottoms along the way. I am still curious as to whether the Laura Recovery Center has searched Cougar Pass. [snipped]
    YW. Is this Cougar Pass on the map? About 3.7 miles, 9 min drive from N Broadway? Maybe you can call the search center and mention that?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=cougar+pass+rd,+escondid o,+ca&daddr=broadway+escondido,+ca&hl=en&geocode=& gl=us&mra=ls&sll=33.196035,-117.088337&sspn=0.016483,0.037894&ie=UTF8&ll=33.19 4742,-117.069969&spn=0.065935,0.151577&t=h&z=13

In this video about search it says "The several hundred volunteers are instructed not to touch anything or take anything with them. But to mark any potential evidence. To mark it, and let investigators know where to find it." (Starts about 1:10 in video.) Investigators then go out and collect any potential evidence I suppose? Did anything look like it was marked?

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...v0R0QtFMw.cspx

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

FYI, from Amber's website.

Please Help Us Find Amber!

We are in continuous need of Volunteers
    8am - 5pm
    Everyday until Amber is home safely
    for Flyer distribution
    and Community Awareness
    Organized Site Searches will Continue Every Weekend until Amber is home safely

Command Center location:
    755 N. Quince Street
    Escondido, CA 92025
    (714) 883-6076

http://www.bigcatdesigns.com/amber/amber.htm

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

March 10, 2009

March 06, 2009

Amber,

Always Loving You,

DAD xoxo

Reading all these cases kinda make you numb inside. This letter broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I could feel the heart break in this mans words. I hope she comes home safe soon.

Has there been anything new today?
    I've always wondered what goes on in between searches? If the searchs for Amber are only done on the weekends right now, what does her family and friends do in the meantime?I mean this has to be torture on them....are they expected to just "sit and wait"?How do you do that????
    While we're all going on w/ our everyday lives, what are they doing? How does the time go by?
    I just wish she could home...
    after you were gone....
    to make you stay.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Yes, Cloudajo, that is the road that I walked to see if I could see (smell?) anything. I can go by the Command Center and see if that area has been searched. Nothing looked marked to me, but maybe if anything had been marked, it had already been removed. When I just signed on to this thread, I noticed that the description of her shoes could be like the one that I saw, a black canvas Van's slip-on shoe. I should ask about that too.

Thanks for the aqueduct info JBean and RELady. I cut across town over that road quite often...I didn't know that it was an area known as a "body dump". Yikes.

One thing that I have noticed that I think probably came out of the search for Amber, is that a motorhome that was ALWAYS parked in the parking lot of LA Fitness is gone. Yay. That has bothered me for a while. The back side of the high school was in clear view of the motor home. I think that two young men (in their twenties) lived in the motor home and they had two dogs, pitbull mixes. I would see them walking their dogs in the mornings around the high school when I dropped my son off for school. I first connected them to the motorhome when I saw the dogs tied outside the motorhome as I was parking at the gym. I don't think they had anything to do with the disappearance, but I am glad that they have been forced to move on.
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

This is nice.

March 10, 2009
    ESCONDIDO: Firefighters to raise money to help find missing teen
    "Boot drive" scheduled for Thursday morning
    By North County Times

The Escondido Fire Department will host a "boot drive" fundraiser Thursday morning to raise money for the family of missing teen Amber DuBois

At 6 a.m., firefighters will be at the intersections of Interstate 15 and Via Rancho Parkway and Highway 78 at Broadway asking motorists and passersby to put money in a fire boot.

The money will be turned over to the DuBois family, who have started a trust fund to help support efforts to find the 14-year-old, fire officials said.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/03/11/news/inland/escondido/z84018c923fed3e6788257575006580c3.txt

[snipped] One thing that I have noticed that I think probably came out of the search for Amber, is that a motorhome that was ALWAYS parked in the parking lot of LA Fitness is gone. Yay. That has bothered me for a while. The back side of the high school was in clear view of the motor home. I think that two young men (in their twenties) lived in the motor home and they had two dogs, pitbull mixes. I would see them walking their dogs in the mornings around the high school when I dropped my son off for school. I first connected them to the motorhome when I saw the dogs tied outside the motorhome as I was parking at the gym. I don't think they had anything to do with the disappearance, but I am glad that they have been forced to move on.
    I hope they were checked out - left on their own or forced to move on I wonder.

What about registered sex offenders? One guy lives right near Amber's house on Vista. I know that's usually one of the first things LE looks into.
    See attachment for map with arrows showing Amber's path when walking to school.

Registered Sex Offenders – Escondido
    http://www.zirana.com/escondido/registered_sex_offenders_map.html

Map - Click on Street View to see house: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=322+vista+ave ,+escondido,+ca&sll=33.154105,-117.088675&sspn=0.001031,0.002368&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll =33.156074,-117.088852&spn=0.008245,0.018947&t=h&z=16&iwloc=ad dr
    Attached Images Attached Images

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

This is nice.

March 10, 2009
    ESCONDIDO: Firefighters to raise money to help find missing teen
    "Boot drive" scheduled for Thursday morning
    By North County Times

The Escondido Fire Department will host a "boot drive" fundraiser Thursday morning to raise money for the family of missing teen Amber DuBois

At 6 a.m., firefighters will be at the intersections of Interstate 15 and Via Rancho Parkway and Highway 78 at Broadway asking motorists and passersby to put money in a fire boot.

The money will be turned over to the DuBois family, who have started a trust fund to help support efforts to find the 14-year-old, fire officials said.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/03/11/news/inland/escondido/z84018c923fed3e6788257575006580c3.txt
    That's really nice of the fire department, I agree.

Praying for Ambers safe return, and strength for her family.
    #PrayForMH370

Yes, Cloudajo, that is the road that I walked to see if I could see (smell?) anything. I can go by the Command Center and see if that area has been searched. Nothing looked marked to me, but maybe if anything had been marked, it had already been removed. When I just signed on to this thread, I noticed that the description of her shoes could be like the one that I saw, a black canvas Van's slip-on shoe. I should ask about that too.

Thanks for the aqueduct info JBean and RELady. I cut across town over that road quite often...I didn't know that it was an area known as a "body dump". Yikes.

One thing that I have noticed that I think probably came out of the search for Amber, is that a motorhome that was ALWAYS parked in the parking lot of LA Fitness is gone. Yay. That has bothered me for a while. The back side of the high school was in clear view of the motor home. I think that two young men (in their twenties) lived in the motor home and they had two dogs, pitbull mixes. I would see them walking their dogs in the mornings around the high school when I dropped my son off for school. I first connected them to the motorhome when I saw the dogs tied outside the motorhome as I was parking at the gym. I don't think they had anything to do with the disappearance, but I am glad that they have been forced to move on.
    Ok i might have missed something....
    but between the "shoe"....and the motorhome that was always there and is gone now....
    it still COULD be something right?
    Have you told the police this stuff???
    after you were gone....
    to make you stay.

How do you know they didn't have anything to do with the disappearance? I wonder if LE is aware they were there and now they are gone.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Brwnigirl For This Useful Post:

sorry soy didn't see your post, makes mine a bit repetitive but it should be checked out!!

Was Amber carrying a backpack? Don't think I heard a description of one.
    My initial thought when I heard that she was dressed in black ( black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes)--well, sounds kinda emo. MOO!!

Amber visits her dad up in Orange County every other weekend. Maybe a "friend" makes a surprise visit down to Escondido to see her? She must have had some kind of "social life" up there.

One of you great sleuthers mentioned an ongoing construction project. Would you be able to locate it on one of the maps for me? It's possible that Amber walked passed the site often enough, and maybe she was on nodding/ smiling terms with one of the workmen?

Abduction, per se, in a busy area would be unlikely. Maybe more of a scenerio where Amber gets into a car (in the parking lot s. of the football field?) She unwittingly sips "laced" coffee, hot cocoa, soda. . . . things go downhill from there. Old friend, new friend, friend of a friend?

I pray for resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Brwnigirl View Post
    sorry soy didn't see your post, makes mine a bit repetitive but it should be checked out!!
    No problem!
    I agree w/ you! I'm glad someone else thinks so too....
    I think that everything and anything should be reported
    Last edited by soyesterday; 03-12-2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: took a word out
    after you were gone....
    to make you stay.

Nothing today???
    after you were gone....
    to make you stay.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast