1356 users online (352 members and 1004 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL - Belle Glade, WhtMale 7UMFL, 21-35, on sugar farm, Oct'76

How about these as a match? The height is off, but photos /reconstruction are very similar. The chin is especially notable, also the 'muscular' description. The flashy watch fits in with lifestyle of missing male (drug dealer/runner) as does murder by execution.
    __________________________________________________ _________

The Doe Network: Case File 7UMFL Unidentified White Male
    Body located on Talisman's Sugar Farm, SR 827, two miles south of Belle Glade, Palm Beach County, Florida on October 26, 1976.
    Estimated Date of Death: February 1, 1976
    The victim was killed by at least three gunshots.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 27 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 180 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Straight brown hair; brown eyes. He was of a very muscular
    build and had Native traits. He had cartilage damage to the knees and damage to his lower back.
    Clothing: He was wearing jeans; brown Dan Post boots, size 10 1/2.
    Jewelry: A Timex watch with a silver band. The initials "LJ" were carved into the underside of the band.
    Two coral and turquoise-colored stones were placed on each side of the band.
    Dentals: Available. Probably has a moderate overbite and he is lacking his canines.

Investigators
    If you have any information on this man's identity or the circumstances surrounding his homicide, please contact:
    Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
    561-688-4000
    All tips can be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCIC Number:
    U-120581806
    Please refer to this number when contacting the authorities.

Source Information: Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/7umfl.html

__________________________________________________ ___________

James Berkeley Norris II
    Missing since October 4, 1974 from Miami or Inglis, Florida
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 19, 1949
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0", 165 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic/White male. Dark brown, collar length hair; hazel eyes. He has broad shoulders, is muscular and lean.
    Marks, Scars: Small scar in the middle of his upper lip, directly under the nose.
    Dentals: Not available
    Fingerprints/DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Norris disappeared on a trip to Florida in 1974 under suspicious circumstances. He left his home in San Francisco on October 3rd, 1974 with $12,000 cash and a plan to purchase Columbian marijuana from one of several contacts in Florida. He arrived at Miami International Airport early the morning of the 4th.
    His family received a postcard (depicting a minor attraction in Winter Park, Florida) postmarked October 4th, 1974 in Inglis, Florida. Inglis is about 6-1/2 hours northwest of Miami on the Gulf of Mexico in Levy County, Florida. His family never heard from him again and the individuals he was meeting in Florida denied having had any contact with him once he arrived in Miami.
    He was not carrying any identification and he used the name "Richard Gunning" on the flight from San Francisco to Miami.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Fairfield Police Department (CA)
    Detective Mel Ferro
    707-428-7300

Agency Case Number:
    03-3202

NCIC Number: M-163048935
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-02-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added link

What interests me is the description of the UID-
    5'8" and 180-he was found 8 months after his approx dod-the remains would have been skeletal, correct? 5'8" and 180 would have made the UID overweight as opposed to 6' and 165, which is pretty lean/skinny.

The rest is pretty compelling-the dental for the UID indicates an overbite and missing canines which would have been pretty distinctive. I wonder though if the canines were gone pre or post mortem?

I guess I would check in with detectives for the missing man and see if he had an overbite for a start....hmmmm....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I think the reconstruction and circumstances are most compelling, and tho I'm with you on the height and weight discrepancy, I'm still a bit skeptical on the accuracy of those parameters (on the missing persons side primarily).. for 2 reasons:

1. People tend to exaggerate/minimize their height/weight
    2. There is no info given on where height/weight estimates originated/obtained e.g., was it taken from the missing person's drivers license?; his/her parents' estimation?; the missing person's last physical examination?; an arrest record?

Also, on a newly solved UID case the weight and height was off by almost as much... I'll try to find the stats and repost them here.

Quote Originally Posted by tamar View Post
    I think the reconstruction and circumstances are most compelling, and tho I'm with you on the height and weight discrepancy, I'm still a bit skeptical on the accuracy of those parameters (on the missing persons side primarily).. for 2 reasons:

1. People tend to exaggerate/minimize their height/weight
    2. There is no info given on where height/weight estimates originated/obtained e.g., was it taken from the missing person's drivers license?; his/her parents' estimation?; the missing person's last physical examination?; an arrest record?

Also, on a newly solved UID case the weight and height was off by almost as much... I'll try to find the stats and repost them here.
    Thanks, Tamar-I believe the stats on missing folks are skewed, and I am actually a little stunned on the ht/wgt estimate for the UID...I guess my point was how those particular stats were arrived at-look at the age...27? Not a range??

Maybe they used clothing as an indicator....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Thanks, Tamar-I believe the stats on missing folks are skewed, and I am actually a little stunned on the ht/wgt estimate for the UID...I guess my point was how those particular stats were arrived at-look at the age...27? Not a range??

Maybe they used clothing as an indicator....
    I agree on the stats being skewed - for the missing and the UID's. I am curious though, if the remains of the UID were skeletal, how could they arrive at the fact that he was "of a very muscular build?" Is this something that would be evident with the bone structure?

Anyhoo, there are some very strong similarities. I would give it a go! It's been a loooooooong time...

I just got a response from Doe Network. It looks like authorities are already/currently comparing these two cases.

Quote Originally Posted by tamar View Post
    I just got a response from Doe Network. It looks like authorities are already/currently comparing these two cases.
    Please let us know if you get an update? Thanks!

here is the Namus link for the UID. there are no rule outs listed and there is no recon image for the deceased on Namus:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1330

We can rule out James Norris. His remains were found in Dixie County in 1976 and have recently been positively id'd.

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...-human-remains-

I'll send a note to the mods to update this thread.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.