Rewards And Donations

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
It was reported on HLN an anonymous donor (Florida resident) has put up $10,000.00 for a reward adding to the $6,000.00 bringing it to a total of $16,000.00 for any tip that leads to Haleigh. (It doesn't sound "conditional" or like it has a time limit.)

I would like to keep track of the reward status in this case since it has already been up to $25,000.00 which Leonard P. initially put up for a few days, but let expire.

This is VERY troubling:

Also Thursday, the owner of Watts Funeral Home announced a fund has been set up to help Haleigh’s family at Bank of America. Shirts and buttons also are available for a donation at the funeral home in San Mateo

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...her_makes_plea_to_keep_family_out_of_scrutiny (Bolded by me)

I wish someone would check into who is really handling this "donation account"! This sure smells of KFN to me. Buttons and T-shirts for "sale" already?!?!

This is VERY troubling:

Also Thursday, the owner of Watts Funeral Home announced a fund has been set up to help Haleigh’s family at Bank of America. Shirts and buttons also are available for a donation at the funeral home in San Mateo

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...her_makes_plea_to_keep_family_out_of_scrutiny (Bolded by me)

I wish someone would check into who is really handling this "donation account"! This sure smells of KFN to me. Buttons and T-shirts for "sale" already?!?!

The funeral home is setting up a donation/fund? That doesn't sound too optimistic. Shirts and buttons available already sounds like KFN has been there already.

Who would go to a funeral home to "donate" and get buttons n T-shirts?! Something isn't right about this at all. (Then again, maybe it is good that no one would go "buy" them there!)

People in the area may not be aware of KFN and the way they prey on people while using missing children as a "draw", imo. I would like to know where the money is set up to go and who is in charge of the actual account.

Here we go again. Wonder who the trustees are on the Bank of Amer. fund set up by the funeral home?

Good question! And yes...it does sound like "here we go again". I know WSers mentioned early on that KFN was "asked to leave" which I don't know if it was ever confirmed or not. Where is San Mateo and do they have the same local news?

In one media report...I believe on first coast news....the reporter had talked to LP about reinstating his `25k with new stipulations. Not sure if this has been done by LP but perhaps something to watch for in the future.

It worries me also that this is a KFN ploy. Everyone is hoping and praying for a safe return of Haleigh. Wouldn't it be depressing to go to a funeral home to buy a t-shirt and a button with Haleigh's image all over both?

This is just wrong, wrong, wrong, IMO.

IDK, but in todays earlier press conference with Donald; his mom; and the funeral guy... I was under the impression that he knew the family before this. Ronalds mom called the man by his first name ("Jamie") in a rather casual kinda way. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got.

As creepy as a funeral home guy being over things is {I am scared to death of funeral homes, no pun intended -- so I wouldn't go there for buttons/shirts as much as I'd like to}, I'd much rather him do it then KFN find a way to slime their way into this case for a profit in their own pockets.

And I wonder if cremation is just common for the area... a whole lot cheaper than regular services I guess. ???

It is 6.1 mi/ 7 mins. from Satsuma, Fl on Highway 17.

If he has nothing to do with KFN, I have no problem if he really is doing this to give to the family. However, it sounds so odd a funeral home is involved with a missing child case in this way. I could see them donating money towards a search, donating money to help the family with expenses right now, or something along those lines. Setting up a fund to be used for unknown purposes sounds like he is taking in donations to prepare to bury Haleigh if the case should arise to me. Very morbid and extremely inappropriate, imo!

Where did he get the buttons and T-shirts?!

This is VERY troubling:

Thank you for the link, SeriouslySearching, and thanks for the reward thread.

I would like to see the reward be much, much higher than it is. Having a high reward just might would flush someone out that knows something, even if it turns out to be a family member that knows something.

I had so hoped that little Haleigh would have been found in the first day or so. IMO, this is certainly not looking too good.

If you want to donate money to the family for necessities, just send a money order or traveler's check made out to Ronald L. Cummings to the house address. Let the rest of the vampires get thirsty.

I tried to find a hotel or motel nearby, I could find none.

Did anyone confirm that KFN/George was asked to leave? I think this may just be a rumor. Please correct me with a link. thank you.

Give me some time, JBean. ;) I did say it had not been "confirmed".
LOL but I keep seeing it discussed on different threads so I am wondering what's up. :) We either need to confirm it or put it away until we do. thanks SS :)

I think this is flat out wierd! I remember the presser where RC's mom called the guy by his first name, and yeah, I think she's said it rather casually...as if she knew him. It might make sense if maybe they realize this little baby might be deceased and the family doesn't have alot of money for a "nice" funeral. Maybe the money will be used for a funeral? It seems as though Satsuma and it's surrounding area is rather small, compared to maybe Jacksonville, and people tend to know one another. It's still wierd, though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back