Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Caylee's Shoes...Important Clue?

In addition to her not being found with shoes, it has always bugged me that Cindy said in the Greta interview that she washed Caylee's sheets every week since she has been missing. Huh? Why did she keep washing the sheets over and over and over? What was on those sheets? Chloroform? Blood? And she certainly knew the blanket was missing. Hmmmm...between Caylee being found with her blanket, no shoes, and Cindy washing those sheets over and over again, I think Caylee was killed in her bed.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sayd For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    IMO, GA is mistaken about what Caylee was wearing that day. I don't see how anyone could remember such specific details from 'just a normal day' after an entire month had passed. Also IMO, the female bounty hunter may have misheard, misinterpreted or mis-relayed (grammer ) what KC said, or it may have been another of KC's mis-clues!

Personally, I don't believe there are any 'other clothes' - I think Caylee was last wearing what she was found with.

ITA....I can barely remember what I wore last Thursday, let alone what someone else was wearing a month ago. IIRC, GA even said Casey was wearing some type of grey dress pants with a description similar to those from the car that CA had washed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MyTinkieGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sayd View Post
    In addition to her not being found with shoes, it has always bugged me that Cindy said in the Greta interview that she washed Caylee's sheets every week since she has been missing. Huh? Why did she keep washing the sheets over and over and over? What was on those sheets? Chloroform? Blood? And she certainly knew the blanket was missing. Hmmmm...between Caylee being found with her blanket, no shoes, and Cindy washing those sheets over and over again, I think Caylee was killed in her bed.
    It has always struck me as very odd that CA would wash the sheets like that as well. Heaven forbid, if something were to happen to my hubby today, I don't know how long it would be before I could bear to wash my sheets and pillowcases. (I know that may sound gross, but bear with me here.) When he leaves in the morning, I gravitate, in my sleep, to his side of the bed. Why? Because of his smell. I can smell him on the pillowcase, sheets, anything his body touches. Now, I'm not saying he stinks or anything! Lol! But, I think most of you know what I mean. Everyone, especially children, has their own unique smell. My great-nephew, who I have almost raised, has his own pillow and it smells just like him. When I don't get to see him for a day or two, I cuddle his pillow and can smell him on it. So, having said that, I find it almost unbelievable that CA would do this. I would think smelling that baby on her bedding, toys, etc. would be some kind of comfort or relief that CA would not want to so readily do away with. Unless, there was something she really had to get rid of, even at the cost of losing that childs smell.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

It's really hot in FL in the summer, and one would think it would be great for a kid to be barefoot in the grass, but the presence of fire ants make it an unwise choice. Kids will usually screw up once like that, but after an attack by fire ants, they'll beg for shoes before venturing outside. Fire ants hurt! So for this reason alone, I think shoes, or the lack thereof, may be pivotal in this case. Where was little Caylee without her shoes? Home would be a good guess to me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akashana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by akashana View Post
    It's really hot in FL in the summer, and one would think it would be great for a kid to be barefoot in the grass, but the presence of fire ants make it an unwise choice. Kids will usually screw up once like that, but after an attack by fire ants, they'll beg for shoes before venturing outside. Fire ants hurt! So for this reason alone, I think shoes, or the lack thereof, may be pivotal in this case. Where was little Caylee without her shoes? Home would be a good guess to me.
    Yep....and I hate the way this sounds....but, shoes are hard enough to put on a child when they're trying to "help" you to get them on. I'm thinking getting shoes on a child you just murdered might not be an easy "feat".....probably the last thing on your mind, anyways.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MyTinkieGirl For This Useful Post:

Re washing the sheets, I can think of a good reason to do so. Dogs on the bed. i have 6 dogs, 5 of whom live inside. I keep them clean with regular baths, but they are still dogs and when they sleep on my bed (which 4 of them do every night), they get "dog grit" on the bed. I know that at least some of you -dog people- know exactly what I mean by dog grit! I wash my sheets every couple of days because of it. I know the A's have at least two indoor dogs, and I imagine that they missed playing with their little buddy after Caylee went missing. They probably were comforted by sleeping in her room, on her bed. So it would make sense that if Cindy initially believed her to be coming home, she would have routinely stripped the bed to keep it clean for when Caylee came home.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akashana For This Useful Post:

that bothers me also !

that bothers me also... & certainly I would NOT be broadcasting it!!

Weird... talking about air dirty laundry
    talking about doing the laundry !

clean / or other wise.... I feel it is weird to make the statements
    to the PRESS....

perhaps to the LE/ ? but even still.... what is this accomplishing ?
    what is the M E S S A G E ?

JMO
    God Bless!
    jjgram
    ***Seeking ~JUSTICE~ PRAYING FOR PEACE & JOY FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT * * * ONE DAY @ A TIME ! ! !:Justice:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jjgram For This Useful Post:

Question U n l e s s>>>>>>>>>>>>> ! ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
    ITA....I can barely remember what I wore last Thursday, let alone what someone else was wearing a month ago. IIRC, GA even said Casey was wearing some type of grey dress pants with a description similar to those from the car that CA had washed.

Unless........... at that point... when she walked out...
    they GA/CA knew... and talked about it... HAD STRANGE FEELINGS>>.
    about it... KC left on Monday...noon... did NOT come home that
    nite.. and did Not come home next day... SO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    GA/CA could have truly started to worry right then.........
    and made a mental note.... and NOW..........Know "ALL" they
    are not N O T .... going to say...
    "OH YES>>> I was worried from the very 1st day ! !? " cause
    they would L@@K bad !!!

JMO

God Bless
    jjgram

*** the whole thing *stinks* ! ! ! ! I have Not liked it
    from the get go !!!! * S T I N K S * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ***Seeking ~JUSTICE~ PRAYING FOR PEACE & JOY FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT * * * ONE DAY @ A TIME ! ! !:Justice:

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjgram For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    I always have thought that baby CAYLEE died in the home.
    Ready for bed......no shoes.
    kc was in a fit of rage........shut Caylee up and hid her outside at night.........
    then to the car trunk.
    GA lied and never saw them leave the next day,IMO
    collar off shirt and in 2 places....was it cut? sliced? ripped? blood evidence on it?
    I've also felt that Caylee died at the Anthony home, which would explain why she didn't have shoes on.

The one thing that really has me puzzled is this.........the fight between Casey and Cindy on June 15th probably took place after Caylee was asleep for the night, and Caylee would have been in her pajamas (no shoes). If Caylee was killed in a rage after the fight, she would have been found in pjs. But Caylee's remains were found with shorts and the remains of a tee shirt, indicating that she was killed during daytime hours when she'd be dressed for playing.

That leads me to think that Casey came back to the house after she knew both parents were gone for the day and killed Caylee there. It would make sense this way - Caylee dressed in shorts and a tee-shirt and playing in the house or backyard barefoot.
    My posts are my opinion..........

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I've also felt that Caylee died at the Anthony home, which would explain why she didn't have shoes on.

The one thing that really has me puzzled is this.........the fight between Casey and Cindy on June 15th probably took place after Caylee was asleep for the night, and Caylee would have been in her pajamas (no shoes). If Caylee was killed in a rage after the fight, she would have been found in pjs. But Caylee's remains were found with shorts and the remains of a tee shirt, indicating that she was killed during daytime hours when she'd be dressed for playing.

That leads me to think that Casey came back to the house after she knew both parents were gone for the day and killed Caylee there. It would make sense this way - Caylee dressed in shorts and a tee-shirt and playing in the house or backyard barefoot.
    or put to bed in her clothes by a lazy or tired adult.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to texaslb218 For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up 10 - 4

Quote Originally Posted by texaslb218 View Post

sounds more like KC ! ! !

KC is very difficult to understand...
    she could tell the truth.... it would be the Motherly thing to do..
    But...
    doubt that she ever ~ Never ~ ever will.

JMO
    jjgram

Quote Originally Posted by Valhall View Post
    Caylee's remains had none of the clothes GA describes her wearing when she and KC left the house on June 16th.

Remember, KC is reported to have told the lady bountyhunter "they haven't even found her clothes yet". Her shoes will be with those clothes I would imagine.

The question for me is...why did KC change Caylee's clothes?
    George statement was that she was wearing a pink shirt and blue jean shorts.

Caylee was found with a pink shirt that says "Big trouble comes in small packages."

It is not a stretch to think that Caylee may have soiled herself and needed her shorts changed.

At this point, the bounty hunter story is hearsay and it not be given to us in a doc dump. Until it is, I am treating that as a red herring.

Casey could have been saying that to throw them off.
    ~~~~ There is a fine line between being a busybody and a sleuth.~~~~

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibyoungr For This Useful Post:

My first impression is usually my best thought.

When I watched the interview when it first aired, I saw the dogs on the bed.
    I thought she was washing them once a week because the dogs were laying on the bed and just in case Caylee came home she would want them clean.

Then I heard Caylee slept with Casey and not on that bed at all.

Now I think Cindy was trying to sound like a good grandmother and she blatantly lied to "look good" or in someway garner symapthy.

I noticed this family says extra stuff that doesn't mean anything because they thinks it emphasizes or justifies them, not realizing it makes them sound dumb.
    ~~~~ There is a fine line between being a busybody and a sleuth.~~~~

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibyoungr For This Useful Post:

Casey's comment about them not finding Caylee's clothes (or something to that effect) makes me think there were some clothes, and possibly shoes, that were thrown away. Surely Casey wouldn't describe the outfit Caylee was really wearing when she died, in her written statement to LE. She would want to distance herself further away from that, IMO. I wonder if the clothes Casey described in her written statement to LE were the ones she threw away ? Hope I am making sense...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Good work thinking about the clothes and shoes, guys. I know sometimes I put my kids to bed in clean, comfortable clothes (not actually pajamas), but maybe a pair of stretchy shorts and a shirt. However, they wouldn't normally match perfectly the way daytime clothes do...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistressammie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by reeseeva View Post
    I think it is HUGE if there were no shoes found!
    Didn't Cindy say that ZFG had everything Cayllee needed? So in fact Caylee could show up neeked and all would be okay. Blech - if I ever showed up at my Nanny's house with my son without shoes...oh wait....I never would.

Something is very wrong with this picture. In light of KC's statement "they haven't found her clothes yet".

Best,

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

It is funny that the exact outfit Casey describes Caylee wearing, in her written statement, is the exact outfit George describes seeing her in, on the 16th. Could it be coincidence because that really was the last outfit Caylee was seen in ? Well, it wasn't what she was found in, so I think there was some cooberation on that description at some point.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by texaslb218 View Post
    or taken from the house after a huge fight and before Caylee was put to bed. I doubt that CA allowed anyone to trudge through those beige carpets with shoes on.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lexington For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjgram View Post

that bothers me also... & certainly I would NOT be broadcasting it!!

Weird... talking about air dirty laundry
    talking about doing the laundry !

clean / or other wise.... I feel it is weird to make the statements
    to the PRESS....

perhaps to the LE/ ? but even still.... what is this accomplishing ?
    what is the M E S S A G E ?

JMO
    God Bless!
    jjgram
    PI Cindy thinks the deed was done in Caylees bed.
    Why else keep on cleaning the bed sheets? over and over
    The baby's smell should be precious to her.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    or taken from the house after a huge fight and before Caylee was put to bed. I doubt that CA allowed anyone to trudge through those beige carpets with shoes on.
    well spotted lexington! i'll just bet it's one of those houses where everyone takes their shoes off at the door.
    people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to eddeva For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mistressammie View Post
    Good work thinking about the clothes and shoes, guys. I know sometimes I put my kids to bed in clean, comfortable clothes (not actually pajamas), but maybe a pair of stretchy shorts and a shirt. However, they wouldn't normally match perfectly the way daytime clothes do...
    Me too...when the laundry needed doing

I have a feeling that unless it was Cindy who put her to bed, Caylee just fell asleep in whatever she was wearing at the time. I can't picture Casey putting down her phone or getting off the computer to change Caylee into PJ's, tuck her in, read to her, kiss her goodnight and all the other things a decent, caring mother would try to do. I think that poor child just fell asleep from exhaustion whenever Casey was "caring" for her. Unless, of course, they were at Tony's. With other people around, Casey might have begrudgingly read her a story to put on the "I"m a great mother" show.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nyvictoria For This Useful Post:

Long ago when Caylee said "they did not find her cloths yet".
    That was all I needed to hear to know that Casey knew exactly what is going on.
    I would imagine the shoes are with whatever cloths she was making reference to.
    How on earth would Casey know that her cloths need to be found?
    Why didn't she just assume that the cloths would be worn by Caylee? when she is found.
    or the extra cloth would be in a back pack or a plastic bag.
    Just that statement alone is a red flag.

And IMO the reason that 911 call was not made sooner is because they all had to
    talk and make sure that they are aligned in all the details that they wanted to give to LE.
    I am convinced that LE dad knew exactly what to say and not say to the police.
    And what is really strange is that even GA's finger prings are not on the shed or the gas tanks
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    I'm thinking you might be onto something here Bond. Following are the contents of the Dora the Explorer "Adorable" Backpack:

• First pocket
      • Violet light color comb
      • Toothpaste "Spider-Man" with # 03-2010
      • Tootbrush "Reach"

• Inside
      • Nice'n Toddler clean wipes (pack) serial #7488754530
      • Two pull-ups

Sure looks like the backpack was partially packed for an overnight somewhere, with a glaring omission being a change of clothes.

I suppose KC and a live Caylee could have gone to JBP and have enough time for playground activity on the 16th between 4:53 and 5:58...or perhaps there was another nearby playground, closer to Tony's. Another possibility to consider is that KC changed Caylee's clothes after she died, perhaps on the 17th when backed into the garage for the first time.

Did any of the TES searches produce a bag of children's clothes in JBP or on the route between Tony's and GA / CA? None was entered into evidence, but would be interesting to know.
    ...recall the clothing recovered early in the case (8/16/08) from JBP. IIRC, it included the pink-camouflage bag, etc.

I don't recall if it included any shoes, but, did include some jeans, woman's black top, etc. Not to be confused w/ the polka-dot women's underwear that was found (pic of it hanging on a fence IIRC). That find drew alot of attention owing to the pic of Casey sitting w/ Iassen wearing something in a similar design. There are pics available of the clothing found - albeit hard to tell through the plastic bags much about the contents, FWIW.

ETA: Link to the pics here. Also noting, as was pointed out @ the time of the find. The park had been thoroughly searched following Nicole G's murder ~6/9, suggesting these items 'appeared' post-6/9, FWIW. I've seen much better resolution images available...this was just the first link I could grab & provide.

ETA2: I have been forever affected by time spent on the Crime Scene Photo's thread. I just noticed for the first time in the linked photos above that there was a book or magazine underneath the palmetto behind the clothing. That escaped my attention first time 'round.

Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    I'm thinking you might be onto something here Bond. Following are the contents of the Dora the Explorer "Adorable" Backpack:

• First pocket
      • Violet light color comb
      • Toothpaste "Spider-Man" with # 03-2010
      • Tootbrush "Reach"

• Inside
      • Nice'n Toddler clean wipes (pack) serial #7488754530
      • Two pull-ups

Sure looks like the backpack was partially packed for an overnight somewhere, with a glaring omission being a change of clothes.

*resp. snipped.
    i don't see it as being necessarily packed in anticipation of anything in particular. caylee had her own toothbrush and hairbrush at the anthony house. i'm willing to bet that these items were a permanent fixture in that backpack. casey dragged her all over the place, days and nights, i think she'd just leave the toothbrush and other essentials in that bag all the time and add or remove pjs and clothes as needed.
    most mothers of small children tote items very much like this (minus the toothbrush and paste) w/ them everywhere they go, i know i did.
    people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to eddeva For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eddeva View Post
    *resp. snipped.
    i don't see it as being necessarily packed in anticipation of anything in particular. caylee had her own toothbrush and hairbrush at the anthony house. i'm willing to bet that these items were a permanent fixture in that backpack. casey dragged her all over the place, days and nights, i think she'd just leave the toothbrush and other essentials in that bag all the time and add or remove pjs and clothes as needed.
    most mothers of small children tote items very much like this (minus the toothbrush and paste) w/ them everywhere they go, i know i did.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cindy was the one who made sure the basic items were in there. In fact, didn't she say she always emptied it and cleaned it, removed partially eaten snacks, juice boxes, etc? I seem to recall her saying that at some point.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nyvictoria For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast