Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 186

Thread: The phone number jotted on the back of the sheet of stickers

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,057
    Has Mr. S been able to post on here yet? I have been in contact with him and I know that he has signed up to talk to us about his name and number being on the back of that sticker sheet ...
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

    It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

    "Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Can't believe she is 4!!



  2. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    It isn't- the "fictitious" isn't meant literally like you or I would use it.. using the name of the business rather than his own given name is considered "fictitious". It's not bad, it's not that he's using a fake name or a fake business, it's just what they call it.
    Are you serious? I've never heard of that before. Are most business names "fictitious" then?

  3. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    Home inspection? I remember KC telling friends she might be moving to winter park and had arranged to look at a place there.

    ETA: Here's one mention of it in her IM with Iassen from July 13th


    [I]KC (11.27AM) Possibly in winter park villas
    ID Wheres that?
    KC I've looked at alot of places . It's off Semoran, just before university. I'm also looking at places near where my parents live. just depends
    ID: Is it an apt?
    KC (11.29AM) Yeah. I didnt ever want to live in an apt, but i dont know if me getting a house is the best idea...not right now.[/I]

    A mention of her mom at WP:

    Early to mid june:Then KC says 'great news. My mom is going to sign the house over to me. She's going to get a condo in winter park'.
    Ha! How ironic...she's got a house now....the BIG house! :Justice:

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    Has Mr. S been able to post on here yet? I have been in contact with him and I know that he has signed up to talk to us about his name and number being on the back of that sticker sheet ...
    you didn't really contact him, did you? I wouldn't want to alarm him, it may be against WS rules, too. Is it?

  5. #130
    Pondering Mind's Avatar
    Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    Hi Pondering, the evidence photos showed a sheet of heart stickers with this guy's name and phone number jotted on the back, a box of stationery stuff, the diary, etc. Apparently some of this stuff was in or on the dresser, some of it was in a folder of more stationery type stuff in the closet (IIRC). I was just saying I imagined she may have jotted the number on the back of the stickers because it was the closest thing to write on when taking a phone messg.
    Thanks..that's just the first time I had heard reference to the stickers and such being found in a shoebox, but I haven't read any of the new doc dumps yet.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    Are you serious? I've never heard of that before. Aren't most business names "fictitious" then?
    Fictitious business names or DBA's(doing business as) must be filed with the county clerk so that people can find the owners of a business . The names typically have publishing rules and I know I have to renew every year or every 4 years, something like that. But i don't have to republish, only re-file. Fictitious business names are commonplace, unless you use your own name for the name of your business of course.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    Has Mr. S been able to post on here yet? I have been in contact with him and I know that he has signed up to talk to us about his name and number being on the back of that sticker sheet ...
    Hopefully you and he have discussed this with Tricia?

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,144

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    Except that the phone number belongs to a house inspector

    I think that the Anthonys were having their house inspected and she took a message
    The question is: Why would Casey be contracting a house inspector before she even had possession of one or the money to buy one? Usually a housing inspector is something you do in escrow.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  9. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    Home inspection? I remember KC telling friends she might be moving to winter park and had arranged to look at a place there.

    ETA: Here's one mention of it in her IM with Iassen from July 13th


    KC (11.27AM) Possibly in winter park villas
    ID Wheres that?
    KC I've looked at alot of places . It's off Semoran, just before university. I'm also looking at places near where my parents live. just depends
    ID: Is it an apt?
    KC (11.29AM) Yeah. I didnt ever want to live in an apt, but i dont know if me getting a house is the best idea...not right now.


    A mention of her mom at WP:

    Early to mid june:Then KC says 'great news. My mom is going to sign the house over to me. She's going to get a condo in winter park'.
    of course she also told CS she was looking into buying a house near the dump off of Curry Ford Rd. I wouldn't be surprised if this note was just a phone mssg she took for her mom at some point, but you never know.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,144
    Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    Lol- we dont know what time it was written. Cindy, george, or lee could have jotted it down from a friends positive feedback on the guy.
    KC could have bought the stickers at a yard sale/on ebay/was given to her by someone who was over the whole scapbooking thing, and it has nothing to do with any of them. But I'm sure LE still looked into it.

    I've never thought that was her plan. I dont even think she did a whole lot of planning with killing Caylee....theres no way she could have done something to all of them.

    But you can bet that any person that entered that house will be used by JB as reasonable doubt.
    So a check that comes back CLEAN on this guy is a good thing, right?
    (Which it did. The guy's straight as an arrow)

    The reason I was curious about who called him was that with all the money scams KC was pulling, and her talking about having 30 grand or whatever it was, and buying a house ,I wondered if she had another scam in the works that involved money (not death).

    But what I ultimately think happened was the number was written down because they were thinking about re-financing , like the very logical PH posted.
    Apparently they refinanced in 2005, and his business started in 2005. He probably did some local advertising. and they wrote it down back then.
    JMO
    I think it's Casey's handwriting. Looks very similar to that of the diary entry, and also in red pen.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  11. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    The question is: Why would Casey be contracting a house inspector before she even had possession of one or the money to buy one? Usually a housing inspector is something you do in escrow.
    that's true, of course you wonder about the stuff over on the FM thread, the friend of hers on the cell logs who did the rental deposit scam, the other scams, any possible connection with that lending company, etc. (Even if she had contacted this guy as an inspector I'm not implying that that would mean he was involved in any scam, of course.)

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,144

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by christee View Post
    Just curious- what would be the purpose or benefit of using a fictitious business name?
    not wanting to use your real or whole name i.e. Doing Business As- d.b.a.
    For example, my initials are L.K. I didn't want to start my business as LK Graphics, so instead my d.b.a. is K___Graphics.
    On Income taxes is where you are most likely to see d.b.a.'s.
    Last edited by LinasK; 02-22-2009 at 02:05 AM. Reason: add info
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  13. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Pondering Mind View Post
    Thanks..that's just the first time I had heard reference to the stickers and such being found in a shoebox, but I haven't read any of the new doc dumps yet.
    They showed this sticker sheet on or near the shoebox, but actually, this sheet of stickers might have been one they found in a folder, I'm not absolutely sure now that you mention it

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,144

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    Are you serious? I've never heard of that before. Are most business names "fictitious" then?
    It'd only be bad if you created a fake business for some illegal purpose like money laundering or such...
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  15. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    thanks for the "fictitious business name" info, you guys. I learned something new

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,144
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    that's true, I don't know, of course you wonder about the stuff over on the FM thread, the friend of hers on the cell logs who did the rental deposit scams, the other scams, any possible connection with that lending company, etc. (Even if she had contacted this guy as an inspector I'm not implying that that would mean he was involved in any scam, of course.)
    No, I think he's an innocent dragged into this case, purely because she wrote his name and number down.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  17. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    It'd only be bad if you created a fake business for some illegal purpose like money laundering or such...
    like Fiore Motorsports?

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,057
    I didn't intend to violate any TOS ... AND I didn't call the number that was on the sheet of paper. I sleuthed and found another way to contact him and did not post said infomation to protect his privacy! I never indicated to him that I was a representative of WS, only that this was one place (of many ---- just GOOGLE) that he was being discussed. It was his idea to come here to speak to everyone because he felt that this forum was made up of well-meaning, sensible individuals. If shedding light on this matter directly is a problem then I am sure I will hear of it from Tricia ... I was only trying to help keep someone from having their personal information discussed without their knowledge. Also, he has said that since his information was released he has received threatening voice mails ... so someone has called him ...

    I think that is just sad. I think that it is horrible how irresponsible the journalists have been throughout this case in revealing personal information of those not directly involved ... and for the way that information has been discussed (on forums like this) without verification ... that is why I did not and have not posted about this before hearing from him tonight!!!
    Last edited by one_hooah_wife; 02-22-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: oops journalists not hournalists
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

    It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

    "Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Can't believe she is 4!!



  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near The Smoky Mts In Tn
    Posts
    37,852
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    Wow, really? Do you still have the link?
    Seagull, I'm still a bit computer techno-challenged but I believe it was on sunbiz.org-I searched "ABH Inspections" under"Inquire by Fictitious Name"
    Last edited by christee; 02-22-2009 at 02:14 AM. Reason: correction

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    I didn't intend to violate any TOS ... AND I didn't call the number that was on the sheet of paper. I sleuthed and found another way to contact him and did not post said infomation to protect his privacy! I never indicated to him that I was a representative of WS, only that this was one place (of many ---- just GOOGLE) that he was being discussed. It was his idea to come here to speak to everyone because he felt that this forum was made up of well-meaning, sensible individuals. If shedding light on this matter directly is a problem then I am sure I will hear of it from Tricia ... I was only trying to help keep someone from having their personal information discussed without their knowledge. Also, he has said that since his information was released he has received threatening voice mails ... so someone has called him ...

    I think that is just sad. I think that it is horrible how irresponsible the hournalists have been throughout this case in revealing personal information of those not directly involved ... and for the way that information has been discussed (on forums like this) without verification ... that is why I do not and have not posted about this before hearing from him tonight!!!
    The only reason Tricia needs to bless things like this, is so she can personally authenticate him as the right person. If someone comes on and reveals their identity specifically to answer questions, it is important that we confirm their identity so that the posters here know they are dealing with the person they claim to be.
    Dante S, and anyone else that came here to post and answer questions had to talk to Tricia first.
    We want to make sure people don't come online and impersonate others.

    Does that make sense?

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    The only reason Tricia needs to bless things like this, is so she can personally authenticate him as the right person. If someone comes on and reveals their identity specifically to answer questions, it is important that we confirm their identity so that the posters here know they are dealing with the person they claim to be.
    Dante S, and anyone else that came here to post and answer questions had to talk to Tricia first.
    We want to make sure people don't come online and impersonate others.

    Does that make sense?

    Absolutely Jbean -- perfect sense! If I had asked him to come here and be a part of this forum I would have certainly informed Tricia ... all I did was give him a heads up that his information was released to the public and being discussed in several places (IS, TOPIX, SM alike) ... because if he were to be contacted by anyone ... just that he would know why. I am sure that once he is approved Tricia will do what she has to in order to verify his true identity. I honestly meant no harm ... and of course if I can help facilliate this in any way I am happy to do so. I have written to him to let him know that I was going to make a post to let you all know that he is waiting in the wings to explain all ... so that everyone can understand and be expecting to hear from him ... JBean ... if there is anything else I can do ... PLEASE let me know and I will pass along the information!
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

    It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

    "Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Can't believe she is 4!!



  22. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    Besides that, the only reason I wouldn't personally ever contact anyone named in the case is because for many people it could be frightening to be contacted, also to be told they're being discussed on the internet, someone in my parents' generation for example. They might feel they've been accused of something if they heard that. Also, because I wouldn't want to get in LE's way in any way, just in case. I'm not saying you did, those are just reasons why I personally would never contact someone. But if you and Tricia worked it out with this fellow, power to you.

    I do feel terrible for all the people whose names, addresses, etc, have been publicly released due to the Sunshine law. For example, the people who called in tips to LE and requested to be anonymous. As much as I support that law in other ways.

    (Well if he comes on here, I pray people will be nice. I will never forget how that poor woman who thought she had seen Caylee in the airport was treated here. I wasn't on the thread at the time she visited, I just read it afterward. It broke my heart.)
    Last edited by seagull65; 02-22-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    Absolutely Jbean -- perfect sense! If I had asked him to come here and be a part of this forum I would have certainly informed Tricia ... all I did was give him a heads up that his information was released to the public and being discussed in several places (IS, TOPIX, SM alike) ... because if he were to be contacted by anyone ... just that he would know why. I am sure that once he is approved Tricia will do what she has to in order to verify his true identity. I honestly meant no harm ... and of course if I can help facilliate this in any way I am happy to do so. I have written to him to let him know that I was going to make a post to let you all know that he is waiting in the wings to explain all ... so that everyone can understand and be expecting to hear from him ... JBean ... if there is anything else I can do ... PLEASE let me know and I will pass along the information!
    You are totally fine and thanks for your hard work!. let him know to make himself known to any of us admin and we will make sure he can talk to Tricia directly. We won't know who he is unless he comes to us.
    This is to protect him as well, it keeps imposters from posting as him.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    You are totally fine and thanks for your hard work!. let him know to make himself known to any of us admin and we will make sure he can talk to Tricia directly. We won't know who he is unless he comes to us.
    This is to protect him as well, it keeps imposters from posting as him.
    I will do that ... and I really thought that by this time he probably was posting already ... but not knowing his chosen ID, I wanted to be sure. It is far better to hear this from him directly than wasting our time and energies focusing on false leads ... our "sleuthing" abilities should not be used to expose and hurt the innocent ... and I would have never even made a mention of this except that he said he was coming to WS to talk to the "sensible" people here! I can't say enough how I hate that innocent people have been brought into this ... the collateral damage.
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

    It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

    "Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Can't believe she is 4!!



  25. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    Besides that, the only reason I wouldn't personally ever contact anyone named in the case is because for many people it could be frightening to be contacted, also to be told they're being discussed on the internet, someone in my parents' generation for example. They might feel they've been accused of something if they heard that. Also, because I wouldn't want to get in LE's way in any way, just in case. I'm not saying you did, those are just reasons why I would never personally have the nerve to call anyone and ask them to come on the board. But if you and Tricia worked it out with this fellow, power to you.

    I do feel terrible for all the people whose names, addresses, etc, have been publicly released due to the Sunshine laws. For example, the people who called in tips to LE and requested to be anonymous. As much as I support the law in other ways.

    (Well if he comes on here, I pray people will be nice. I will never forget how that poor woman who thought she had seen Caylee in the airport was treated here. I wasn't there at the time, just saw the thread afterward. It broke my heart.)
    I think it would be more frightening to me if I discovered my name, past, business, pics of my home, etc were being dug into by complete strangers via the internet just b/c my business phone number was on a piece of "evidence" that was not even photographed b/c of my phone number.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. You don't change your phone number and plan
    By ziggy in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 07:08 PM
  2. Rapist gives out phone number
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 02:59 PM
  3. Man buys lucky phone number for $US1.1m
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 09:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •