Who told P.I. not to call 911 if body found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meemom

Rest in Peace
Reaction score
<snipped>
The Casey Anthony case was raining bombshells Thursday.
Dominic Casey, a private investigator for the Anthonys, was the focus of other reports. Three times the private eye had visited the spot where Caylee's remains would be found a month later.
Dominic Casey "flat out denied that he found Caylee's remains here in November," Belich said. "Someone told him not to call 911 if he ever found Caylee's body. Secretly, he told investigators who that was. Publicly, on the record, he said it was not anyone from the Anthonys' home or anyone working for the Anthonys. Another mystery," Belich said with more sarcasm.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...y-case--6.html

Okay.....so who told him not to call 911? and what was he supposed to do instead? Call this mystery person? Move the body? Destroy evidence? Just forget he found it after notifying th mystery person?

If it was not anyone from the A's home or working for the A's, who does that leave? Is he including KC as part of the A's family? Does he mean no one working for CA, GA, & LA, but that could be working for KC? So LE knows who told him this, but not on the record? Is this why everyone lawyeed up? Is this why JB went to the hospital with stomach pains? If it was someone on the defense team or behind the scenes of the defense team, ie the money provider, is disbarment a possibility? Sleuth away.....!

If I were defending KC and body was found that close to her home I'd certainly want to visit her, tell her the news in private in case she had any reaction before anyone was notified...so I would say the defense...

I think it was Cindy and George. I think they knew Caylee was there. I think DC was called, and just like Hoover said, they were sent to go and get her. I also think BC was on Today show that very morning talking about immunity for the Anthony's.

I think it was Cindy and George. I think they knew Caylee was there. I think DC was called, and just like Hoover said, they were sent to go and get her. I also think BC was on Today show that very morning talking about immunity for the Anthony's.

I'm just gonna let Lance think for me.:blowkiss:

I think it was Cindy and George also! Can this get any worse? Everybody just needs to tell the real truth for once. Then I would like to see everyone that even had any 'after the fact' knowledge get charged with at least Obstruction.

The way the interview was handled, it sounded like they were nervous about priviledge, which is why they turned off the tape. If priviledge is attached, it has to be JB or KC. In reality, that would mean JB. Just what were the instructions if Dominic DID find the remains, is what I'd like to know! :furious:

If it was the A's, which DC denied, (for whatever that's worth from someone with no credibility), it doesn't make sense to me that nothing has happened with that info. He gave it in Jan. I'm not sure exactly what I'd expect but I expect something. Not that I doubt for one second that CA isn't capable of doing it, but I think with her it would have been more like a wink, wink, nod, nod thing, rather than flatly stating it. CA trusts no one, not unlike that apple that fell so close to the CA tree.

Just throwing this out there as possibilities to consider:

Todd Black? Clearly, someone with nefarious motives, imo and also with nefarious past. Wouldn't put anything past him, including moving remains to keep his story going and make a better movie, in his warped mind. 2nd choice, as it fitting for someone 2nd class. Or is that 22nd?

Some other media, perhaps promising payment for the scoop but with the intention to notify LE and be first on the scene?

KC herself during one of their interviews? Yes, despite his protestations, again, that pesky credibility thing. I could see her with some convoluted reasoning about it. Not that I'm capable of thinking like her, so can't suggest what her logic would be but maybe something along the lines of to break the frame-up. Move closer to ZG and away from KC.

And something else I've thought about, maybe he wasn't to move anything away but was to put something there to incriminate someone else. Then, of course, walk away and later, after ground settled again, a few rains, call in anonymous tip if it's still not found.

I agree with you 100%. I put no credence on what DC said to the media. I think he's more than capable of lying to LE as well. I think it was C&G.

This is how I've interpreted the statement you quote and other statements we've seen about the D. Casey search:

(1) D. Casey gave an interview to investigators (Interview Number One) in which he said X, Y and Z about the persons who hired him, told him to go out to that area and why.

(2) After such interview, D. Casey learned some additional information was out there that might show he fibbed to investigators in Interview Number One. Including info/stuff given by the videographer, and the realization that his phone records could be obtained (he might not have realized folks knew he had more than one cell phone).

(3) Based on (2) above, D. Casey realized he better tell the truth and so gave INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO to investigators. Therein, he told investigators many things, including the real person(s) who told him to visit that area and search, AND THAT IF HE FOUND A BODY NOT TO CALL 911. While D. Casey told investigators, he HAS NOT told the public.

(4) INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO is taped but as of yet, Judge Strickland has not yet decided if it should be released to the public.

I am dying to hear that second interview. My gut tells me...who else but Cindy or George would have told D. Casey not to call 911? He was working for Cindy and George. It's not like a psychic or some other person told him not to call 911. I just wonder why LE hasn't gone after the Anthonys for obstruction. I mean....telling someone not to call 911? Wow. But, this is all still speculation and I guess we'll find out more.

I think it was JB. He was so angered that the jail officials got to Casey first with the identification of the remains, that I think he wanted first "dibs" on that body so badly should it be found. He stated his disappointment publicly. How he would have handled that if it were found and that news got back to him only he can say.

I think it was Cindy and George also! Can this get any worse? Everybody just needs to tell the real truth for once. Then I would like to see everyone that even had any 'after the fact' knowledge get charged with at least Obstruction.

From your keyboard to Orange County's warrants dept. :)

Had to be! LE knows. That's why the first question was "Was it someone in the Anthony home?"

Slightly O/T, did anyone else go Hmmmm at the notation of weed barrier being found at the dump site?

From your keyboard to Orange County's warrants dept. :)

Heh.

CA admitted she sent him there. The obvious progression is she told him what to do *if*. That's the only thing that makes sense. You don't just say, oh look at spot X for a dead baby and have a great day!

I don't think it was Cindy or George. He stated it wasn't them, but that it was someone else. If it was the Anthonys, he would have just said 'no' in answer to the question instead of going out of his way to throw someone under the bus.

The identification of the 'someone else' was omitted from the record, and the detective explained that the off the record response was due to an issue with privilege.

There is no privilege attached to DC's communication with George and Cindy. There IS privilege attached to his conversations with the defense team.

BTW, there's a parallel discussion about this here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77760&page=6

This is how I've interpreted the statement you quote and other statements we've seen about the D. Casey search:

(1) D. Casey gave an interview to investigators (Interview Number One) in which he said X, Y and Z about the persons who hired him, told him to go out to that area and why.

(2) After such interview, D. Casey learned some additional information was out there that might show he fibbed to investigators in Interview Number One. Including info/stuff given by the videographer, and the realization that his phone records could be obtained (he might not have realized folks knew he had more than one cell phone).

(3) Based on (2) above, D. Casey realized he better tell the truth and so gave INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO to investigators. Therein, he told investigators many things, including the real person(s) who told him to visit that area and search, AND THAT IF HE FOUND A BODY NOT TO CALL 911. While D. Casey told investigators, he HAS NOT told the public.

(4) INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO is taped but as of yet, Judge Strickland has not yet decided if it should be released to the public.

I am dying to hear that second interview. My gut tells me...who else but Cindy or George would have told D. Casey not to call 911? He was working for Cindy and George. It's not like a psychic or some other person told him not to call 911. I just wonder why LE hasn't gone after the Anthonys for obstruction. I mean....telling someone not to call 911? Wow. But, this is all still speculation and I guess we'll find out more.

Great reasoning, as always. Two questions: Would it be obstruction if nothing happened? What do you think of the possibility he wasn't to move the remains away but remove inculpatory evidence and replace with exculpatory?

Heh.

CA admitted she sent him there. The obvious progression is she told him what to do *if*. That's the only thing that makes sense. You don't just say, oh look at spot X for a dead baby and have a great day!

Yeah! You go look over there. We are going to be over here at a public meet and greet, so hurry and we'll all have an alibi! Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123