1155 users online (213 members and 942 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Michael Quander WUSA (@MikeQReports): https://twitter.com/MikeQReports?s=09

Police arrest 47-year-old Pamela Butler's ex-boyfriend for murder after she disappeared eight years ago @wusa9 https://t.co/MaG3PoYvXc

Butler was last seen just days before Valentine's Day in 2009. Police and family believed something was shady about her disappearance @wusa9 https://t.co/BFvIzH5qnv

Butler's mom has carried this picture of her daughter with her in her purse since she vanished. She is glad to hear about arrest @wusa9 https://t.co/vgdYTogURW

Jose Rodriguez Cruz is accused of killing Butler. The couple met through an online dating website @wusa9

So glad to see there has finally been an arrest in this case!
    These posts are In My Opinion only!

So happy for this family.

D.C. police believe they’ve solved 8-year murder mystery; arrest boyfriend of woman who vanished from home in 2009

On Saturday, D.C. police announced a break in the cold case. They had arrested the boyfriend, Jose Angel Rodriguez-Cruz — who now is 51 and lives in Alexandria, Va. — and charged him with first-degree murder. He spent most of Saturday being questioned by detectives.

Rodriguez-Cruz is expected to make his initial appearance in D.C. Superior Court on Monday. In extensive interviews with The Washington Post in 2009, he denied any involvement in Butler’s demise.

http://wtop.com/local/2017/04/boyfri...ssing-ex-wife/

It appears Rodriguez-Cruz has an ex-wife who is missing as well - since 1989.

His preliminary hearing about Pamela's disappearance is April 25th.

from an article from April 25, 2017

Suspect in death of Pamela Butler told witness it was ‘easy’ to get rid of a body
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.bf819e792468

The man charged in the 2009 disappearance and slaying of Pamela Butler told a friend that it was “easy” to get rid of a body, a D.C. homicide detective said Tuesday.
    The friend, who is a witness in the case against 51-year-old Jose Rodriguez-Cruz, told detectives that Rodriguez-Cruz had once said “if you dig a hole deep enough, no one will find it,” D.C. homicide detective Michael Fulton testified in D.C. Superior Court. Rodriguez-Cruz made similar comments about his ability to hide a body to two other people, according to authorities.
    [.....]
    DA Sines said Rodriguez-Cruz told his second wife that he knew how to make sure no one ever found a body.
    During the nearly five-hour hearing, prosecutors also said they had identified another woman who recounted abuse by ­Rodriguez-Cruz. They said the woman told detectives that ­Rodriguez-Cruz duct-taped her wrists, held a gun to her head and repeatedly sexually assaulted her during a 2004 incident in Fairfax County. The woman said he also threatened to sexually assault her 3-year-old daughter, authorities said in court.
    [.....]
    Without Butler’s body, and no clear crime scene, authorities have built a case that relies in part on Rodriguez-Cruz’s history of violence.
    [.....]
    Judge Hiram E. Puig-Lugo said he found enough evidence to hold Rodriguez-Cruz in jail until trial. Puig-Lugo cited evidence such as video surveillance footage that showed Rodriguez-Cruz going in and out of Butler’s house about the time of her disappearance. At one point, he is seen carrying five large bags out of the house and a white bucket holding what appears to be cleaning supplies.
    [.....]
    Puig-Lugo also noted that although there was no evidence of a crime scene in the home, cadaver dogs detected signs of a decaying body in the rear passenger seat and trunk of his vehicle.
    Puig-Lugo determined that ­Rodriguez-Cruz would be a danger if he were released and set his next hearing for July 28.
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Since this lady is under the "Missing but not forgotten" thread - I'm going to keep

up this thread until we get to the hearing on Friday, July 28th. Hope to see a few more people here to see

JUSTICE for PAMELA!

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Since this lady is under the "Missing but not forgotten" thread - I'm going to keep

up this thread until we get to the hearing on Friday, July 28th. Hope to see a few more people here to see

JUSTICE for PAMELA!

I will be right here with you, Niner. 🕯

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
    If there's no link, then it's just my opinion, my own opinion. I am a lawyer but I don't practice criminal law. However, I'm happy to research and share what I find in order to contribute to the discussion.
    ======================================

up for the hearing tomorrow!

JUSTICE for PAMELA

Again - I can't find anything about what happened last Friday's hearing??

TIA!

JUSTICE for PAMELA!

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Again - I can't find anything about what happened last Friday's hearing??

TIA!

JUSTICE for PAMELA!
    I haven't seen any news about the hearing either.
    If there's no link, then it's just my opinion, my own opinion. I am a lawyer but I don't practice criminal law. However, I'm happy to research and share what I find in order to contribute to the discussion.
    ======================================

Wow - I found a recent article! From July 31, 2017:

Government requests Jose Rodriguez undergo fingerprinting
    http://blog.dcwitness.org/government...ingerprinting/

The defense for Jose Rodriguez-Cruz and the government discussed DNA evidence in a status hearing while Rodriguez-Cruz awaits a trial.
    [.....]
    They are set to appear in court on Sept. 29 for a status hearing.

At least there is a date mentioned in the article.

JUSTICE for PAMELA!

Man Charged in Girlfriend's Death Will Help Investigators Find Her Body

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...449759373.html

The man charged with killing his girlfriend, a federal worker, in 2009 pleaded guilty Friday and has agreed to help investigators find her body.

Jose Rodriguez-Cruz will serve 12 years in prison for the death of Pamela Butler. As a part of his plea agreement, Rodriguez-Cruz will help authorities find her body.

If he doesn't cooperate, he will once again face a first-degree murder charge.

PAMELA got JUSTICE!

Frustrating search for womanís remains leads police to N.Va.

https://wtop.com/local/2017/10/frust...urder-mystery/

The plea agreement that ended the mystery about what happened to Pamela Butler, who was last seen outside her Brightwood apartment in D.C. eight years ago, was contingent upon her boyfriend helping investigators find Butlerís remains. But that goal is proving elusive.

WTOP has learned D.C police detectives have been searching for Butlerís remains along a highway in northern Virginia, and recently brought Jose Rodriguez-Cruz, 52, to the location to aid in the search.

Butlerís remains still havenít been found.

Sources say they believe Butler was buried in a shallow grave near the highway.

Crime Watch Daily covered Pamela's story:

Police to Search for DC Cold Case Murder Victim Pamela Butler's Remains Friday

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...462349343.html

Police plan to search for the remains of Pamela Butler, the Washington, D.C., federal worker who disappeared before Valentine's Day 2009, in Stafford County, Virginia, Friday afternoon, sources tell News4.

Multiple law enforcement sources told News4 Rodriguez-Cruz led investigators to a spot along Interstate 95 in Stafford County last week.

Rodriguez-Cruz told police he buried Butler in the median strip between the northbound and southbound lanes of I-95.
    Derrick Butler said he plans to be there when police begin searching. The news of a possible burial site is bittersweet.

"The hardest part for me was just looking at my mother and knowing that this is not what she wanted to hear," he said.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast