Conan O'Brien's last night on 'Late Night'

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Conan's final episode of Late Night is getting ready to air here on the West Coast. It is not the end for him, as he will be going to the Tonight Show, but things will be different. Sad moment tonight, but it will be cool seeing him on the Tonight Show too. I hope he does well.

Conan O'Brien Films His Final Show Tonight

Conan O'Brien is saying good-bye to New York City, his 12:30am time slot, and the "Late Night" show he has hosted for the past 16 years.

Friday night is O'Brien's final show before the host packs it all up, gives the keys to incoming host Jimmy Fallon, and moves west to Los Angeles to take over the "Tonight Show" from its departing host, Jay Leno.

O'Brien is scheduled to make his premiere on the "Tonight Show" on June 1.

"For a while, I was in denial -- 'Oh, we'll just stop doing this show and we'll move on to the next one,"' he said. "That's very me, very male. Men don't like to say goodbye. My wife told me about six months ago: 'I think you have to admit that you have mixed feelings about leaving this late-night show, it's very emotionally charged for you. That's OK."'

NBC committed to giving him the "Tonight Show" slot five years ago, although it was only recently that current host Jay Leno decided to stay with the network and do a nightly 10 p.m. show.

That move has caused friction between the two stars and their comedy and production teams, with questions arising over how easily O'Brien will be able to attract A-list guests when they can just appear on Leno's as-yet-unnamed show in prime time, in the same city.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497666,00.html

In case you missed the last episode, recap here:
http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertai...g/2009/02/conan_obriens_last_night_on_la.html

O'Brien is scheduled to make his premiere on the "Tonight Show" on June 1.

NBC committed to giving him the "Tonight Show" slot five years ago, although it was only recently that current host Jay Leno decided to stay with the network and do a nightly 10 p.m. show.

That move has caused friction between the two stars and their comedy and production teams, with questions arising over how easily O'Brien will be able to attract A-list guests when they can just appear on Leno's as-yet-unnamed show in prime time, in the same city.

I was so sorry (translation: ticked off!) to hear the news that Leno was staying on with NBC to host a nightly prime-time show when he finally exits the Tonight Show. I couldn't stomach him in Johnny Carson's chair all these many years and have avoided him like the plague. Now - to hear that he is going to dominate the 10 p.m. slot on NBC is just plain naseauting. :mad: Not to mention what it will take away from the multi-talented Conan O'brien in the Tonight Show timeslot.

Good grief - can't NBC do better than a nightly dose of Leno in Prime-time??? What a waste -- Enough of him already!! :bang:

I like the wacky wit of Conan and hope he does well - but, I expect I'll still be watching Nightline.

JMHO

Rum Tum :cat:

I don't think Leno will take anything away from Conan. I tend to think there are two different types of audiences that watch Leno and Conan. Personally I prefer Conan and can't wait until he starts.

:woohoo:

I can't stand Conan so I'm going to be forced to watch Letterman or just channel flip through satellite TV.

I also prefer Conan's humor over Jay's and am glad that he will be on earlier so that I can catch him more often, but I am worried that the time change and move to Los Angeles will alter his style and it will just be Leno-like pablum all over again. Such a change happened with Letterman when he moved to an earlier slot although his older age (and fatherhood) may also played a role in toning things down. I miss the old days when Letterman would go out on the street and cause all kinds of havoc, such as directing his deli-owner friend Rupert to make random statements to strangers. Rupert was a brave soul.

Not to worry, Cypros. Last night, Conan said that many people were telling him to grow up since he was moving to 11:30. But he said, "I assure you, that will not happen." Of course, there will be more restrictions on what he can do on tv, but I think we will still see the same Conan humor.

It could be Conan's last night on TV anywhere as far as I am concerned. I much prefer Jay Leno over him but probably won't be watching much since I have something else I watch at the time Jay will be on. I always turn Jay Leno on when I go to bed and set my sleep timer so I always see part of it and sometimes all of it. That will change when Conan takes that time slot. Don't know what I will watch but it won't be Conan or Letterman.

I much perfer Conan's style over Leno's. Glad to hear he won't be changing it much when he takes over. I wish him well on his new show. He is a funny guy indeed!!:cool:

cheers
Gozgals

I just don't get this Conan thing. I've really tried, because I know a lot of people enjoy his show, but I see nothing funny or entertaining about him. I'm going to miss Jay at 11:30. It's like the end of an era.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back