Casey's flip flops and shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL_Zero

Reaction score
did anyone else notice that LE took a dozen pairs of KC flip flops?
its in the most recent doc - 20 dec search warrant detail.

they took quite a few pairs of women's shoes, but so MANY of them were flip flops that i have to wonder....

...any ideas?

they took quite a few pairs of women's shoes, but so MANY of them were flip flops that i have to wonder....

...any ideas?

I'm guessing for the tread prints, however, a while back when some other items were found in another area, I recall a yellow flip flop with a flower on it, much like the ones KC has- maybe, they are trying to match to that one as well-
Only a guess-

...any ideas?

Well, they want to test all her shoes for dirt samples and I'm sure for any prints they found at the dump site. Plus, it's not unusual for someone KC's age to have that many flip flops here in Florida. She shops at Target a lot and they often put them on clearance for 74 cents - $2.94, so when they do, I stock up on them. I've been known to buy 6, 8 or so pairs of flip flops at those prices at once. I probably have 2 dozen pairs of flip flops myself, easy. I also have a toddler and spend a lot of time at play grounds with him and that's my shoe of choice there, because of all the sand.

Just my 2 cents.

Here's my post from another thread about the yellow flip flop found in Blanchard Park:

OK,whew! I have been looking and looking for these pics...what do you guys think?

Pic of yellow shoe found in Blanchard Park early in the case:

attachment.php

Pics of some of the shoes from A house from December search warrant:

Copyrighted photos so please go here and look almost to the bottom on the right - start with the pink shoes...

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photog...dexGallery.htm

I hope the link works!

I'm sure they collected every pair of her shoes that they could find; she just happens to have a large collection of flip flops. They even took several pairs of dressy heels. Imo, highly unlikely Casey wore heels into the woods, but as they say, leave no stone unturned!

Not only can they compare shoe prints, but they can do comparisons to all sorts of evidence found at the scene. Maybe a piece of rubber or other material suspected to be from a shoe. Definitely soil and vegetation comparisons, even microscopic spores from the vegetation known to that area that may be imbedded in the soles. There is such a broad range of things they look at to yield pieces of the puzzle..forensic science is amazing.

KC was not nearly as smart as she thought she was. Or people are not as dumb as she thought. She just never thought the whole thing out well enough.

KC was not nearly as smart as she thought she was. Or people are not as dumb as she thought. She just never thought the whole thing out well enough.

True, but what's that got to do with flip flops? :confused:

Well, they want to test all her shoes for dirt samples and I'm sure for any prints they found at the dump site. Plus, it's not unusual for someone KC's age to have that many flip flops here in Florida. She shops at Target a lot and they often put them on clearance for 74 cents - $2.94, so when they do, I stock up on them. I've been known to buy 6, 8 or so pairs of flip flops at those prices at once. I probably have 2 dozen pairs of flip flops myself, easy. I also have a toddler and spend a lot of time at play grounds with him and that's my shoe of choice there, because of all the sand.

Just my 2 cents.

valid point. i practically have to be dragged away drooling when i get within 50 feet of flip flops. you can never have enough flips. they're practically all i wear, if i wear shoes at all.

but i found it odd that this was all they took, save for a few heels and i think one pair of sneaks. weird cross section. ive got more than one pair of sneaks, and with that ,any total shoes, i'd think she would too.

maybe there's a lone flip flop print somewhere.
wouldnt that be soo florida? heheheee!

What surprises me is how many pairs of shoes that Casey didn't have. I would expect someone her age to have way more shoes. Most of the dress sandals and flip flops looked old and dated and worn out like she hadn't bought any shoes in a while - maybe due to the fact she didn't really have a job?

I have been slowly, as time permits, going back over all the listings on wftv's site. I am particularly interested in what shoes KC is wearing in the Blockbuster video of June 16th? Because to me it looks like white tennis shoes but I can't find any white tennis shoes in the evidence photos of items taken from the A home. I know they took boots out of her car, was there another pair from the car? Do we know what they were? If these shoes are missing that is mighty curious to me. jmo

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3751585&postcount=708"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Random Thoughts and Discussion Ideas#5 About the Case[/ame]

What ABOUT these white sneakers shown in the Blockbuster video? And their strange disappearance.

Here's my post from another thread about the yellow flip flop found in Blanchard Park:

OK,whew! I have been looking and looking for these pics...what do you guys think?

Pic of yellow shoe found in Blanchard Park early in the case:

attachment.php

Pics of some of the shoes from A house from December search warrant:

Copyrighted photos so please go here and look almost to the bottom on the right - start with the pink shoes...

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photog...dexGallery.htm

I hope the link works!

JMO.This is a pair of flip flops that are cute but not for a young women her age, at least my daughters would not be caught dead in them. If you notice in the photos of the ones LE took and photographed, the ones with the "flowers" on them. They appear not to have ever been worn, no sweat marks, or dirty on the inside. These look like some flips that CA picked up for KC and KC never wore them because these are a style for older women not 20 somethings. JMO.

IMO there wouldn't be any footprints around where Caylee was found. Too much time had gone by, they would have been scrubbed out by the weather and the water.Yeah, I think they are most likely looking for soil and debris in the shoe. Though that would be pretty weak evidence since KC lived so close to the area. Still wouldn't it be something if they found evidence of decomp materials on the shoe?

I think most people if they know they are going for a trek in the woods, will put on a pair of tennies.

I'd like to see them test both the clothes and the shoes that KC was wearing the day of the video trip and the day that she took a shower at Jesse's.

We all remember "they haven't even found her clothes yet". Did you all notice that Caylee's denim skirts were there, her pink shirts were there and her white sunglases were there - all at home.

IMO there wouldn't be any footprints around where Caylee was found. Too much time had gone by, they would have been scrubbed out by the weather and the water.Yeah, I think they are most likely looking for soil and debris in the shoe. Though that would be pretty weak evidence since KC lived so close to the area. Still wouldn't it be something if they found evidence of decomp materials on the shoe?

I think most people if they know they are going for a trek in the woods, will put on a pair of tennies.

I'd like to see them test both the clothes and the shoes that KC was wearing the day of the video trip and the day that she took a shower at Jesse's.

(bolded by me) Remember she didn't "trek" very far into the woods, just to the edge of Suburban, and a few feet beyond. I don't think KC put much forethought into anything. If she did think about it at all, I'd think she'd choose the most disposable shoes, more likely a cheap pair of Target-type flip flops.

JMHO

When I wear my flip flops for a while it leaves an impression of my foot inside .Especially the soft,foamy ones.If they did find a flip flop at the scene perhaps they want to compare impressions.
Also,where I live in SC ,girls KC's age do where flip flops and sandals like the yellow one in the picture.We recently had a 25 yr old from ILL staying with us and her style was very different from what is seen around here. JMO

When I wear my flip flops for a while it leaves an impression of my foot inside .Especially the soft,foamy ones.If they did find a flip flop at the scene perhaps they want to compare impressions.
Also,where I live in SC ,girls KC's age do where flip flops and sandals like the yellow one in the picture.We recently had a 25 yr old from ILL staying with us and her style was very different from what is seen around here. JMO

MissJames you are prolly right about that, but just in my mind KC pictured herself as "Hip, up to the minute, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan". Those sandals are not hip, up to the minute, Paris or Lindsey. Those are "Mom" sandals, as my girls would call them. KC wouldn't wear them. I agree with the soft foamy ones that leave the impression of the inside of your foot and LE wanting comparisons. KC walks, for lack of a better term, "knock kneed" and I see her feet rolling to the inside of her shoes because of this. Her flips will wear more on the inside than outside, really all od her shoes will, just not as fast as flip flops. JMO.

What surprises me is how many pairs of shoes that Casey didn't have. I would expect someone her age to have way more shoes. Most of the dress sandals and flip flops looked old and dated and worn out like she hadn't bought any shoes in a while - maybe due to the fact she didn't really have a job?

Yes. Your post got me to thinking. An "Event Planner" has to have all kinds of dress. I can only imagine what an Event Planner for Universal would have to have in their wardrobe but KC obviously didn't have it. The lastest in style is a must, even if you get them at Target. Slacks and a shirt as her usual "workwear" is just not believable, the event planner has to blend into the crowd, one can't over or underdress your event.
If the pictures are truely all of her shoes, really KC didn't have the clothes/shoes for a 20 something to go clubbing in. What did she spend money on?

MissJames you are prolly right about that, but just in my mind KC pictured herself as "Hip, up to the minute, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan". Those sandals are not hip, up to the minute, Paris or Lindsey. Those are "Mom" sandals, as my girls would call them. KC wouldn't wear them. I agree with the soft foamy ones that leave the impression of the inside of your foot and LE wanting comparisons. KC walks, for lack of a better term, "knock kneed" and I see her feet rolling to the inside of her shoes because of this. Her flips will wear more on the inside than outside, really all od her shoes will, just not as fast as flip flops. JMO.

Maybe those are borrowed from "Mom". Maybe she didn't want to use her own for some reason! Just thinkin':rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr