1268 users online (247 members and 1021 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Media Coverage/Reports~DISCUSSION~

I expressed concern yesterday that the fruitless press conferences might result in the media pulling away from this case. Well that appears to be happening.

I had WESH on for 30 minutes this morning- no mention of Haylee.

I've had CF News 13 on for over an hour- no mention of Haylee.

This is not good.

They follow the story. If they are getting nothing here....they will go elsewhere. The sad fact is the only reason Haleigh was getting so much attention to start with was because of the Caylee case. Another little girl in Fl. within 90 miles, etc.... With Caylee we had the "antics" of the family that were making the news daily. Here we have LE saying nothing. The families are really not saying much....so what is there to keep the media's attention.

It's a dis-service to Haleigh IMO. As one reporter ask yesterday "When are we going to get the real story?"
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

I agree with you guys... I understand LE has to keep the most sensitive info close during the investigation, but to have all of these pressers and not give out any information is a waste of time and it's frustrating. If they are not going to give any info out, then stop having the press conferences. You're wasting our time. JMO

I am starting to wonder if LE has any idea what is going on down there? They say they refuse to release any information whatsoever because it might jepordize recovery of Haleigh. IMHO simple answers to questions not germane to the investigation could be answered. For example, how many are out searching? Which agencies are assisting in out of state searches? For the love of "G" that's not going to compromise Haleigh IMHO and it would give the media a bone to chew on (as well as us here) and keep this case up front and center.

Already there has been a decline in coverage (other than JVM and NG) but no one went by to help RC search yesterday. If this case isn't kept in the spotlight, interest will dwindle way and the searches will stop and Haleigh might never be found.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I've noticed coverage dropping off considerably and that concerns me also, especially since I live in Central Florida and I expected to hear more due to my location.
    My heart is breaking for this little girl and her family and I pray that she is not soon forgotten.

I know a lot of people hated CA for how she acted and was always talking, but she KEPT Caylee in the news. I know these young parents and GF don't have a lawyer, and things they say can hurt them later on, but they need to keep this out there. Even the aunt said she gets her news from the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I know a lot of people hated CA for how she acted and was always talking, but she KEPT Caylee in the news. I know these young parents and GF don't have a lawyer, and things they say can hurt them later on, but they need to keep this out there. Even the aunt said she gets her news from the media.
    Haleigh needs to stay up front in the news & I hope she does. Let's pray today is the day this child is brought home, alive.

Sweeps Week

I think this is "Sweeps Week" when each station's Nielson's ratings are determined. [I used to date a TV reporter; they live and die by Nielson ratings. Or they did back in the olden days, before the 'net.]

When lacking coverage:
    In past experience with Jesse Lunsford case: Coverage had died and correspondence with Greta told us to send anything no matter how small and she could make coverage out of it. They have to have something new to report about so flip any tiny shed of anything to keep Haleigh in the news.
    Unfortunately right now the father is getting bad press, but it is keeping the story alive.
    Prayers to bring Haleigh home safe.

We have to be thankful to NG she really does keep these stories in the NEWS. In this case LE is not co-operating in the least with anyone. The pressers are so discouraging/ no comment / can't answer that / everyone is a suspect etc etc

I feel so sorry for the family.....can you imagine not knowing a thing? Not being told nothing / not knowing if things are true or not? A person would snap. I think RC is a ticking time bomb. If he is kept out of things for long he'll be on TV giving his thoughts on it. JMO

I think LE is doing everything they can, but if there is no new information to give out, what can they do? They have so little to go on, and they have to follow whatever leads they get. They are questioning the g/f and the dad to try to squeeze more out of them that could help them find Haleigh, but until more information comes out, or they find out Ron or Misty was lying about something, there is not really much more they can do.
    As for the media, they are just scrambling for a story, and they will embellish it as much as they can to keep it in the news, but I have a feeling this story will die down in another week or two, unless they find her, one way or another.
    I appreciate JVM and NG for keeping this in the news, but on the other hand, they drag out the most minor details to keep their panel talking, and it's getting old.
    I pray every day that Haleigh is found alive and unharmed, I know this family has to be hurting. I pray for them, too.

I think Media will probe like GR for pix etc..........then bombshells.........
    Arrests will come soon......
    people talk in small communities,
    it will all come to ahead soon I hope.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I was surprised,just went to see if a 1pm presser and nothing.Maybe it's the quiet before the storm?Maybe the media doesn't like he has an attitude with them when he talks and they're showing him who's boss.He needs them and he needs to talk w/out smart comments.

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    I think Media will probe like GR for pix etc..........then bombshells.........
    Arrests will come soon......
    people talk in small communities,
    it will all come to ahead soon I hope.
    The media will have a HayDay on that and it could force family to bring up more info.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    I think LE is doing everything they can, but if there is no new information to give out, what can they do? They have so little to go on, and they have to follow whatever leads they get. They are questioning the g/f and the dad to try to squeeze more out of them that could help them find Haleigh, but until more information comes out, or they find out Ron or Misty was lying about something, there is not really much more they can do.
    As for the media, they are just scrambling for a story, and they will embellish it as much as they can to keep it in the news, but I have a feeling this story will die down in another week or two, unless they find her, one way or another.
    I appreciate JVM and NG for keeping this in the news, but on the other hand, they drag out the most minor details to keep their panel talking, and it's getting old.
    I pray every day that Haleigh is found alive and unharmed, I know this family has to be hurting. I pray for them, too.
    Yep,you're right and most we already know when we watch.But,it is informative just to see the ones involved talking,keeps it real.It's not just a case,especially when seeing the little Grandma.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast