753 users online (80 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

PA - Kenzie Houk, 26, pregnant, murdered, Wampum, 20 Feb 2009

WAMPUM, Pa. - Police in western Pennsylvania say an 11-year-old boy has been charged in the death of a pregnant woman who was found shot in a bedroom of her farmhouse
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29314843

What a beautiful woman.

The below linked video states the woman has two daughters age four and age. So the 11 year old wasn't her son. Stepson maybe? Do we know if she was married, etc?

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/18764398/

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09052/950723-54.stm

Relatives told KDKA-TV that Ms. Houk was nine months pregnant with a boy and was due to deliver the first week of March. They said she lived in the house with her boyfriend, his child and her two daughters.

Her boyfriends son is 11.

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/...d559475441.txt

The 4-year-old, Houk’s younger daughter, told Cable her mother was in her bed and no one else was in the house. Also living with Houk at the property were her 8-year-old daughter, Houk’s boyfriend, Chris Brown, and Brown’s 11-year-old son, according to her family members.

It just never seems to end.

So sad.

My heart is with her family.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...hers_fian.html

An 11-year-old Pennsylvania boy consumed with jealousy was charged with killing his father's fiancee - who was 8 months pregnant, police and relatives said. (more at link)

This is so sad. I understand the boy being jealous but how does a child learn to murder their "rival"?

From the updated articles Ive read, the boy used his own gun. Ive also read , it seems like some of the family members knew he was jealous and or very upset about this.
    He's also being charged as an adult.

Also just curious....why is the media putting the boys full name out there ? I didnt the media released minors' names.

Last edited by I AM THE 14 CAR; 02-21-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by I AM THE 14 CAR View Post
    From the updated articles Ive read, the boy used his own gun. Ive also read , it seems like some of the family members knew he was jealous and or very upset about this.

Also just curious....why is the media putting the boys full name out there ? I didn't the media released minors' names.

I think it is because he is being tried as an adult. The names of Derek and Alex King was in the media and so was Chris Pittman's name. They were tried as adults.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

From what I have read he is charged with double homicide.imo

Quote Originally Posted by I AM THE 14 CAR View Post

Also just curious....why is the media putting the boys full name out there ? I didnt the media released minors' names.

Some of the "comments" at one of the articles didn't sit well with me. I am not against children learning to hunt, I am not against children "owning guns" (with the proper safeguards of course). Some of the comments were focused on some stuff that I didn't feel were "the issue at hand".

I wonder about the family "realizing" that this boys jealousy was so intense? Since they knew the jealousy existed, did they not pursue it? Was the boy unreachable?

Such a tragedy...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    Some of the "comments" at one of the articles didn't sit well with me. I am not against children learning to hunt, I am not against children "owning guns" (with the proper safeguards of course). Some of the comments were focused on some stuff that I didn't feel were "the issue at hand".

I wonder about the family "realizing" that this boys jealousy was so intense? Since they knew the jealousy existed, did they not pursue it? Was the boy unreachable?

Such a tragedy...
    Pursue it how? How? Many kids get jealous over a new sibling. Most parents simply make an extra effort to comfort and prepare. Who would ever think it possible this would be the result?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Pursue it how? How? Many kids get jealous over a new sibling. Most parents simply make an extra effort to comfort and prepare. Who would ever think it possible this would be the result?
    Pursuing it by means of talking it out with him or counseling. I'm not saying it works in all cases or any cases. Jealousy to this extreme is just hard for me to grasp. I've seen sibling rivalry "at it's finest", I've seen and experienced jealousy, and as you say, "Who would ever think it's possible that this would be the result?", I could only answer that maybe I am one person who thinks if a child shows signs of jealousy, maybe, just maybe it can be somehow averted? I don't have the ANSWERS, I am just full of questions.

Perhaps I am just a simple minded person?

I wonder if the boy had behavior problems at school, any learning disorders or ADD, other behaviors, or had been in trouble and gotten grounded that day? I'll never believe that children just suddenly become murderers without being mentally ill unless the child being very impulsive and having ready access to firearms and ammunition has something to do with the couple of recent killings involving little boys.

"To many people, the idea of a child psychopath is almost unthinkable. But the fact is, true psychopaths are born, not made. Oh, indeed, there is the psychopath that is "made," but they are generally different from the born psychopath in a number of ways.
    The fact is, clinical research clearly demonstrates that psychopathy does not spring unannounced into existence in adulthood"

"The last decade has seen the emergence of an inescapable and terrifying reality: a dramatic surge of juvenile crime that threatens to overwhelm our social institutions. Children under the age of ten who are capable of the sort of mindless violence that once was reserved for hardened adult criminals. At this writing, a small town in a western state is frantically searching for ways to deal with a nine-year-old who allegedly rapes and molests other children at knife point. He is too young to be charged and cannot be taken into care because "such action may only be taken when the child is in danger, not his victims," according to a child protection official. ~Dr. Robert Hare

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast