Did Caylee Have Any Playmates?

Pattymarie

Reaction score
I searched for a thread on this and couldn't find one.

I am starting this because I think we need to investigate this particular area as it could go to motive.

I have noticed that the A's provided beautifully for Caylee, the backyard was a child's playground, a pool, swings, playhouse, sandbox. Her bedroom was a beautiful little girl's room. I was impressed with her little crib/bed that she could easily climb into. She had cute little clothes and accessories.

However, I have been struck by the the fact that there appears to be no evidence that she had little friends, cousins, playmates, playdates. I see no evidence that she was ever in pre-school, nursery school, Sunday school, etc. Even with a fake nanny, she would have at least had playmates. Did the A's think this little Caylee was playing with other little children because she was going to the nanny's?

Who took her to the park, the beach? Casey says she and/or the nanny did, but did Caylee really ever get to go on the swings and slides or play in the ocean?

Was Caylee's little life nothing but being hauled around by her mother at various friends' apartments? In the latest doc dump, Annie D states that she noticed that Caylee had "separation anxiety" when ever Casey "put her down" or turned away from her.

Was Caylee continually in strange environments, non-childlike environments that would cause her to cling to the one familiar face, that of her mother?

Is there not one single little neighborhood child she played with?

I think this is important because it appears that this little girl, with the exception of what the grandparents provided for her in their home, never really inhabited a normal, childlike world. Why?

PattyMarie: I had wondered the very same thing a number of times over the last few months. When my son sends pictures of my darling granddaughter - half of them are her with friends, in the playground, at the baby sitters, at birthday parties. I too noticed the lack of other children in pictures of Caylee and it just broke my heart.

You went much more deeply into the question than I ever did and I would like to know the answer too. the only thing I can think of is that no pictures of Caylee with other kids were ever released just to preserve the privacy of the other families.

I am starting this because I think we need to investigate this particular area as it could go to motive.

I have noticed that the A's provided beautifully for Caylee, the backyard was a child's playground, a pool, swings, playhouse, sandbox. Her bedroom was a beautiful little girl's room. I was impressed with her little crib/bed that she could easily climb into. She had cute little clothes and accessories.

However, I have been struck by the the fact that there appears to be no evidence that she had little friends, cousins, playmates, playdates. I see no evidence that she was ever in pre-school, nursery school, Sunday school, etc. Even with a fake nanny, she would have at least had playmates. Did the A's think this little Caylee was playing with other little children because she was going to the nanny's?

Who took her to the park, the beach? Casey says she and/or the nanny did, but did Caylee really ever get to go on the swings and slides or play in the ocean?

Was Caylee's little life nothing but being hauled around by her mother at various friends' apartments? In the latest doc dump, Annie D states that she noticed that Caylee had "separation anxiety" when ever Casey "put her down" or turned away from her.

Was Caylee continually in strange environments, non-childlike environments that would cause her to cling to the one familiar face, that of her mother?

I think this is important because it appears that this little girl, with the exception of what the grandparents provided for her in their home, never really inhabited a normal, childlike world. Why?

I can't recall her name, but one of Casey's friends said that her two children played with Caylee often. Two years old is a bit young for pre-school.

I can't recall her name, but one of Casey's friends said that her two children played with Caylee often. Two years old is a bit young for pre-school.

You are right, I meant to include day care in my list, as well. So sorry. She would have had structured play, playmates and even some tiny lessons at her age. Wouldn't that have been nice for her instead of a fake nanny?

You have hit on an interesting observation. I think you might be right in that Caylee was always being smothered by CA or hauled around and dumped off by KC. From CAs viewpoint it would be smothering with attention and playthings, all grandma provided , yet little interaction with other kids. After all, little Princesses dont mingle with riff raff.

KC on the other hand, as Caylee approaced talking age, had to keep her isolated so as not to blow her Nanny story and to avoid Caylee spilling the beans about locations they visited or questionable associates. As Caylee began talking more, It became even more urgent to avoid contact with people who knew her. Caylee was a heartbeat away at any time from talking about KC's activities, lies, "mommy told me not to say anything" "mommy makes me sleep in the trunk" statements etc. It is very sad that she likely didn't have any friends or playmates. It brings her precious short life into even more perspective.

You are right, I meant to include day care in my list, as well. So sorry. She would have had structured play, playmates and even some tiny lessons at her age. Wouldn't that have been nice for her instead of a fake nanny?

Good day care can be very expensive, I don't think Casey had the money to pay for it. Children at 2 are just learning to play with and cooperate with other children. There are many 2 year olds who have little contact with children their own age. If Caylee had been a little older the lack of play pals would have concerned me. At 2 it's not such a big deal, IMO. She got lots of attention and play with Cindy and George.

Separation anxiety is quite normal for that age - the toddler is realizing they are a
separate being . In normal child development
It doesnt last long and soon they are secure enough to accept that they arent being abandoned .

She did see some other children but imo it was infrequent . KC wasnt focused on
nuturing Caylee or worried about her development.

*my bold.
my children have lived in the country since they were born. i always assured they had plenty of little friends, lots of fun days out, and felt loved and secure, but my daughter still went through a good 5 months between 2 and 3yrs old when she would scream like a banshee if anything, even her brother, obscured her view of me for a fraction of a second. for a while i just scooped her up and carried her w/ me wherever i went and went about life w/ only one free arm. as mysteriously and quickly as it started, it stopped. absolutely nothing caused this and i think many mothers have experienced the same thing. i'm only posting this in case someone in a department store sees a child crying when it's mother is, for a nanosecond, out of sight and thinks they must be a bad parent.

reading your post about all the things caylee had makes me sad, b/c the things she needed most could never have been bought, and no, i don't believe she had much if any life beyond the anthony's house and a car seat.

that's true, chilly, but i always made sure my children socialized w/ other little ones as quickly as possible and caylee was almsot 3. she should have had playmates especially to get her ready for being around lots of other children at pre-school, otherwise she could have had some very real problems settling in and enjoying the experience.

Also,most parents with children that age have friends with children around the same age,they get together and the kids play,have birthday parties.etc. Casey was fairly young when she had Caylee. Caseys' friends didn't have children yet.Therefore,no other toddlers around to play with.

Good day care can be very expensive, I don't think Casey had the money to pay for it. Children at 2 are just learning to play with and cooperate with other children. There are many 2 year olds who have little contact with children their own age. If Caylee had been a little older the lack of play pals would have concerned me. At 2 it's not such a big deal, IMO. She got lots of attention and play with Cindy and George.

Bolded by me, I agree with the bold... my point is that did Caylee have a normal childlike environment? When my kids were little, that is how I spent my day, going to the park, playing on the swings, having my friends over with kids my kids age, building forts, playing dollies, you get my drift. I don't know if this didn't occur with Casey, just haven't heard anything that points to this. Just what WAS she doing with her daughter all day long? Did she spend lots of time strapped in her car seat? I am suspicious. Why didn't Casey provide this for her daughter? Also, did the A's notice this as well?

Bolded by me, I agree with the bold... my point is that did Caylee have a normal childlike environment? When my kids were little, that is how I spent my day, going to the park, playing on the swings, having my friends over with kids my kids age, building forts, playing dollies, you get my drift. I don't know if this didn't occur with Casey, just haven't heard anything that points to this. Just what WAS she doing with her daughter all day long? Did she spend lots of time strapped in her car seat? I am suspicious. Why didn't Casey provide this for her daughter? Also, did the A's notice this as well?

I don't think the A's noticed because they believed Casey's lies. Also, I'm a huge proponent of preschool starting at age 2, but a lot of people aren't. Dr. Laura espouses a philosophy that kids shouldn't be in any kind of school until kindergarten. This isn't my personal philosophy, but a lot of people agree with it so I'm not sure that Caylee not being in school was considered strange.

When my kids were little, that is how I spent my day, going to the park, playing on the swings, having my friends over with kids my kids age, building forts, playing dollies, you get my drift. I don't know if this didn't occur with Casey, just haven't heard anything that points to this. Just what WAS she doing with her daughter all day long? Did she spend lots of time strapped in her car seat? I am suspicious. Why didn't Casey provide this for her daughter? Also, did the A's notice this as well?

*resp. snipped.
yes, this is how a child should be raised and i don't believe casey provided the kind of enviroment a little child needs. i just don't think she cared, pattymarie. i truly believe she's a sociopath and so nothing matters to casey, but casey.

*resp. snipped.
yes, this is how a child should be raised and i don't believe casey provided the kind of enviroment a little child needs. i just don't think she cared, pattymarie. i truly believe she's a sociopath and so nothing matters to casey, but casey.

I agree with this, the time that Caylee spent with Casey was less than ideal, to put it mildly. I think the time she spent with the A's was quality time, going to the beach, playing dress up, swimming with grammy in the pool, playing in the yard, going for walks in her wagon, reading together in the rocking chair. Lot's of little girls don't have those things. It's such a shame that Casey's selfishness took it all away from Caylee and from her grandparents.

I have always worried that Caylee apparently didn't have any little friends. I know some of you have noted that this is not unusual for a 2 year old, but I disagree. When my child was only 1 or 18 months old she very much enjoyed the company of other children and she learned to share her toys, etc. I personally believe that children of that age do need to interact with other little children.

When my daughters were babies, I had them in mommy and me groups. It was a great time out for them and I got to be with adults. Kids that young do need socialization with their peers it is extremely important, hanging out at home all the time with adults just doesn't cut it.
I thought about her having friends or not for a long time, I just thought it wasn't reported on. But now I'm convinced Casey didn't care enough about her daughter to provide any nurturing.

I think this is just one more example of Caylee becoming more of a burden to Casey, it was not as easy as it was when she was a year old. She needed more activities etc, Caylee was growing up, soon to be 3 and more things needed to be started for her. My niece started going to a pre-school a little before turning 3, just a few hours a day but good socialization for her, she has a baby brother but her parents wanted her to be around children her own age and does have cousins to see often also. This imo would not be something Casey would want to be paying for, all her money went for Casey!
I think she did have a few little friends but didn't see them all that often and extended family seems to be in other states except for the ggp so no other kids there.
It seems Casey did not look to become friends with other parents, she wanted the bar hopping crowd. She could have joined a single parents group but doesn't look like she did.

VB

When my daughters were babies, I had them in mommy and me groups. It was a great time out for them and I got to be with adults. Kids that young do need socialization with their peers it is extremely important, hanging out at home all the time with adults just doesn't cut it.
I thought about her having friends or not for a long time, I just thought it wasn't reported on. But now I'm convinced Casey didn't care enough about her daughter to provide any nurturing.

Yup, we were in playgroups from the time she was a baby, Gymboree groups (Play gym classes), Storytimes at the library and bookstores (Borders and Barnes & Noble), and zoo outings and other play places with her baby cousins, and my daughter is an only child. Pre-school wouldn't take them before 2 yr 9 mo. and potty-trained, but then there was summer break, so she was almost 3.5 when she started. She still was very socialized. She also played with neighbor kids when she was 2 and younger. There's no excuse, other than Casey's selfishness for Caylee not playing with any other kids!:furious:

Is there such a thing as a daddy and me group? I could see Casey signing up for that. Hanging out with a bunch of other single moms and their children would have held little appeal for her.

Is there such a thing as a daddy and me group? I could see Casey signing up for that. Hanging out with a bunch of other single moms and their children would have held little appeal for her.
I've only known a couple of stay-at-home dads and they were married...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back